Admiration

Contrastive Sonorus

 

“You guys will be sleeping in the same room” sentenced Jooyeon.

 

Raina couldn’t find any words to say, either way, she was going to be seeing Nana pretty often, so she thought that complaining would be useless, Nana on her part had some words to say “Are you sure there are no rooms left?”, Uee replied “there might be in another hotel, but the director asked us, that no member of staff or cast should be rooming out of this hotel, since it’s the closest to the filming location.” Nana was about to let out her incoming anger in another set of words, but Uee seemed to read her mind when she told her “Look, as an actress is a great advantage, you’ll be rooming with your co-star, that means you’ll have plenty time to practice and correct things on time.” such statement made peace with the actress’ emotions, who finally accepted, despite of the difficulties that might be experimenting both.

 

Once the party was over, Jooyeon and Uee took Nana and Raina to their rooms, as they entered, both girls looked around amazed at the luxury it was the room, suddenly Raina’s face alarmed when a thought went through her mind “Uh… by any chance, we’re not… also sleeping in the same bed, right?”, Jooyeon replied in a light tone “of course you are, there’s a scene on it”. Time seemed to have stopped in shock for both Raina and Nana at such reply.

 

Uee slapped Jooyeon’s arm as the latter started to laugh “You should take a look at your faces”, the other producer rolled her eyes “Don’t joke like that, they already have a kiss scene to deal with.” Nana glanced at Raina and looked away quickly as the girl glanced back at her. “Here, let me show you this huge room” announced Uee, she showed them said room which was no different of a penthouse, it had two rooms, a bathroom and a jacuzzi with all sort of commodities.

 

“I put your suitcases here, Raina. It took me some time to get all the dresses out of them, thank God the hotel staff came on time to help” pointed Uee as Raina opened the closet, where a lot of dresses were hanging in there “Wow… It looks like Broadway was also good for you to steal some dresses” said Nana. Raina took a deep breath to explain, “Don’t tell me you’re jealous of my wardrobe” she chuckled “I happen to have a fan who sends me dresses as gifts after every show.” Nana rolled her eyes and Uee took the ladies to the room that was going to be taken by Nana.

 

“There are your suitcases and your load of shoes” Uee pointed as Jooyeon and Raina’s faces showed surprise “I’ll take it you have an extreme fan too” said Jooyeon while looking all the pairs of shoes. “As a matter of fact, yes, I also have my fan who sends me shoes as gifts after every movie” said Nana imitating Raina’s voice. “Then I’m guessing those two boxes on the living room are also a dress and a pair of shoes” supposed Jooyeon aloud.

 

Nana, Raina, Uee and Jooyeon went back to the living room, where the first two ladies checked the boxes with their names on it, and indeed, there was a beautiful green dress in one box and a pair of white heels in the other, drawing a smile on both girls’ faces as they looked both the gifts and the cards with it.

 

To Nana,

New shoes for a new beginning. Congratulations! I’m looking forward to your performance.

 

From your fan.


 

To Raina,

Congratulations on your new role! Make this dress shine, as much as you do.

 

From your fan.


 

“Well, hope you have a good rest, the filming starts tomorrow on the afternoon” announced Uee, taking Jooyeon’s hand to leave the room, or more like to run away, before any of the two ladies decided to go for a round of complains. Raina and Nana were so into their cards and gifts, that they barely muttered a “Good night” on unison, which made them go back to reality, glaring briefly at each other and looking away.

 

“You think it will work?” Uee asked “What? Our dinner?” wondered Jooyeon, receiving a slap on her head, “Ow! Are you planning to leave me without both an arm and head?”. Jooyeon and Uee had lived together for a couple of years since they got graduated from college. Despite of being a joker most of the time, Jooyeon was a hardworking girl who wanted the best for Uee and so did the latter, unfortunately, her efforts didn’t seem to shine on cooking. “Or…” getting close to the other girl with a devilish grin on her face whispered “...this is some sort of ”, Uee blushed immediately and just replied “You’re such an idiot! I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about Nana and Raina.” Jooyeon sighed “Well, I’m not sure. You were always the closest one to Nana, so I can’t speak for her. Raina is surely annoyed by the situation, but… she’s taking it a bit better.” Uee nodded, “Maybe is too soon to say anything. I wonder what even got them to be like that towards each other?”

 

 

 

 

Uee’s Flashback

 

“Hey, Nana!” Uee ran towards Nana with a smile that promised good news “The auditions for the choir are open!”, which to them, her friend smiled back “Really? Then I’ll be looking the best for it, I want to get accepted into it”, the older girl chuckled, “C’mon, you’re pretty popular. I’m sure they’ll let you in right away.”

 

After her class, Uee went straight to the auditorium where Nana would tell her the results of her audition. As she got close to the entrance, she saw her friend coming out with a serious expression “Hey, what happened? Did you make it?”, the young one shook her head, “No, I didn’t.” Uee was about to say something when a girl, one of Nana’s supporters, walked close to them “Don’t feel bad, Nana unnie. There are better choirs than that one.” and retired from there, as the supported muttered “Thank you.”


 

Jooyeon’s Flashback

 

“C’mon! Join the choir!” asked Jooyeon to Raina. “Why should I do that?” inquired the latter checking some notes on her book, “Because your voice is beautiful” nodded the older girl causing her short friend to raise one of her eyebrows. “Okay, I want you to be friends with the girl on the piano. So, then you can introduce her to me” finally confessed Jooyeon. Raina snorted “Okay, let me see if I get this: you want me to join the choir, so I can get you the girl you like? Really, Jooyeon. Why don’t you join and get her by yourself?” to which the tall girl graciously replied “Because I don’t want my beauty to outshine the girls of the choir.”

 

Once the time for the auditions came, Jooyeon took Raina to the auditorium. “You can do it!” she told to the other girl. Both girl’s faces frowned a bit at the sight of Nana also standing there, causing Jooyeon to mutter very low: “Doesn’t she get enough popularity?” she couldn’t keep going, because a classmate approached to tell her that a teacher was asking for her, she sighed and shouted before going out “You can do it, Raina!”.

 

When the long talk from the teacher finished, due to her missing a few classes, she went back to the auditorium and heard Nana telling some girl she couldn’t recognize, that she didn’t make it, a thing that made her go into panic for a bit If she didn’t get in, then maybe Raina didn’t make it either. Rushing inside the auditorium, she saw Raina with a frown as she approached Jooyeon “I made it”, the latter got happy and then confused “If you made it, why that face?” her friend looked outside “Nana.”

 


Back at the hotel room, Nana and Raina were organizing a few things before going to sleep, neither of them was talking to the other, until Nana glanced at her now co-star and decided to break the silence “You know, there are worst places to be trapped with an ex-girlfriend”, causing the shorter girl to stop what she was doing “I’m not your ex-girlfriend”, then started to take the clothes a bit aggressive “I wasn’t even your girlfriend, let alone your friend”, finally she shook her head slowly confused “why are you even saying such thing?” to which the tall girl replied “Old high school rumours to break the ice?” Raina raised one of her eyebrows and a bit more calm asked with a glimpse of curiosity “And how did they go?” Nana smiled ironically “Well, they thought we were dating… back then.” surprisingly getting a reply, complice-like, from Raina “I wouldn’t blame them for thinking that.”