Awarded Ones

Contrastive Sonorus

“And the winner is…

 

Nana!” announced the host of the awards, the category belonged to Best Actress. A tall brunette beauty stood up and went toward the stairs to pick up her prize.

 

“I want to thank everyone who made this production possible, I hope I could keep sharing my magic with you… like a… fairy godmother” the last words got her into an awkward point, thank God the audience loved her enough to just laugh along with her “Thank you very much, and remember, happy endings do happen. If your life is not surrounded with happiness, the movie of your life still not over yet. May all of you have happy endings. Thank you!”

 

Nana wasn’t exactly the best with speeches, but her acting and word choosing always made for it. Smiling faces, some looking at her with tenderness, made her feel somehow confident about her achievement.

 

A few days later...

 

“And the winner is…

 

Raina!” announced a short and happy host giving jumps of excitement. A short black haired girl stood up going upstairs, receiving the prize for Best Actress at the Tony Awards. She was about to take the word when the host decided to sing a tune “...seek and you shall fi-” his voice broke at the high note of the last word, provoking the laughter of everyone “well, you know I was never meant for high notes, but here we have a wonderful young lady who won for them” claps were heard all over the hall and Raina took the word “Thank you very much for this”.

 

Suddenly people stood up making signs for her to finish the song “Oh, very well, let’s do it right, you see Albert, you need to breath properly for such notes” she took a breath and sang “Seek and you shall find” the high note on the last word made the whole place to vibrate, drawing smiles on the audience faces, it was something that made the korean girl the happiest, making people’s hearts vibrate, draw emotions from them, be the cause of that. “Love is where you find it, don’t be blind, it’s all around you, everywhere”, she sang the words with delight and finished with another high note, at the repetition of one of the words “Everywhere”. It wasn’t necessary for her to finish her tune when all the people was standing, clapping at her short performance.

 

Next day...

 

The phone rang making Nana to wake up, sighing in annoyance, she picked up the call “Yeah”, her agent on the other line was speaking with her feminine excited voice “Nana, big news, there’s a new movie! I’ll meet you in an hour at the hotel’s restaurant”, even though getting a new part excited her, she found difficult to show it when she barely had any sleep. “Okay, I’ll meet you in an hour” the brunette replied with a quite audible sleepy voice and hung up. “Why does she bother me before 11?” Nana complained laying down. “I’ll sleep just 15 minutes”.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Raina was having breakfast, she was already used to wake up early, even after parties her body seemed to memorize the time she usually woke up. Her phone rang, she picked it up, it was also, her agent, a male and gentle voice was heard on the other line “Guess who found you a part in a movie?” The short girl couldn’t believe it, to the point of choking with her juice “A movie? For real? Tell me is a musical, otherwise I won’t do it. ”Raina, please, you know I promised you that I would only call you for a musical movie. So, here I am” the comment made the girl smile “You’re awesome, thank you. Are you coming over or shall we meet somewhere else?” she asked “Well, one of the producers is with me right now, so why don’t you come over? I’ll text you the address.” Once she received said text, she got dressed and left her apartment.

 

After some time, she made it to a restaurant, she looked around for her agent’s figure until she noticed a someone who was waving at her. Smiling, she approached and greeted, “Raina, this is…”, he couldn’t finish the introduction when her represented spoke up in surprise “Jooyeon? You’re the producer?!”, the slender figure of a girl with a long hair and pretty features smiled “Yes, it seems so. You missed me?”, Raina smiled back at nodded “I certainly did!” both hugged and sat down.

 

“When did you get here? Wait, what are you even doing here in New York?” Raina couldn’t help to ask. Jooyeon sighed “Never missing the details, I guess some things never change. Well, I came to ruin your career” Raina’s eyes went wide and any expression of joy vanished, causing Jooyeon’s laughter, “You should see your face. C’mon, It’s just a joke. I came to recruit you for this movie” the actress and singer shook slowly her head “It was not funny. Anyway, what’s the movie about?” Jooyeon waved her hands at her “I rather leave this to the directors for when you go back to Korea. I just can say it’s a musical and… it’s a girl and girl romance.”

 

“Korea? I’m going back home?” Raina frowned a bit at the unexpected notice. “Yeah, we’ll be shooting there. Hey, did you miss the other part?” Jooyeon pointed out “No, I didn’t”, replied her friend who thought a bit about the idea “A girl and girl romance, a musical about it. I can’t really give you an answer right now, this is a… huge question”, the producer rolled her eyes and decided to drop the hidden card “Kahi is directing this movie”, effectively taking Raina out of her thought “What? Kahi? THE Kahi?” she kept open at the big detail and a smile slowly formed on her lips “I’m in!” her agent tried to make her reconsider such decision... without success “When do we leave?” Jooyeon giggled “Today if you want, she said that as soon as possible. She asked specifically for you and another actress, Uee must be recruiting her right now.”

 

“I accept!” spoke up… or more like yelled the tall beauty at the producer “Nana, I don’t think that yelling is necessary”, Nana pouted at her friend “Unnie, I just really missed you.”, Uee giggled and replied “I missed you too. So, when you’re ready to go?” the actress smiled before giving her answer, but her agent held her arm and whispered “Nana, you’ve just won the Best Actress prize. I’m sure there will be better offers than this one coming from that small country”, the represented took the lady’s arm off from hers and looked at her eyes “If you think so, if you think that an actress making a movie in her own homeland is worthless and beneath everything…” she took a breath before pronouncing her next statement “you’re fired”, her agent laughed thinking it was a joke “You’re fired” Nana turned to Uee and smiled, “if you give me at least one hour, I think we’ll be ready to leave.”

 

After making their own arrangements, Nana and Raina found themselves in their way back to Korea, their homeland. During that time, their memories of their lives starter to flow, like taking a trip on a time machine.

 

Nana’s Flashback

 

“I’m gonna be the best actress ever, you’ll see.” Nana exclaimed very enthusiastic at Uee, receiving a pat on her head from the latter. “I’m sure you will, Nana. Just keep working as hard as you did on the theatre club.” the young one smiled. “I wanna make you proud, unnie.”

 

Raina’s Flashback

 

“I want to sing, that’s definitely what I want to be doing forever. Maybe I won’t become the best at it or win awards...” Raina’s confession was suddenly interrupted by two girls, the first one, Eyoung, said “Unnie, you’re awesome! I find hard to believe that you won’t win awards with that voice of yours”, the tall girl next to her, Jooyeon, said “I think the same, besides, I’ll just accept you winning over me when it comes to voice, you don’t have my beauty… Ow!” Raina pinched her friend’s arm and then laughed.

 

We’ll be landing soon at the Incheon airport. Please, fasten your seatbelts.

 

After a couple of hours, Raina and Nana were taken to the place where the movie was gonna be announced along the cast, as their luggage was transported to the hotel.

 

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! Tonight, we’ll be announcing the cast for Contrastive Sonorus: as you all know, this film is directed by Kahi and produced by Kim Jung Ah, so here are their leads and roles…” the announcer started with the secondary characters and kept going, Nana was sit on the left side, while Raina was on the right, due to both Uee and Jooyeon getting late. The actress and the singer were both nervous, but they made use of their time to get acquainted with the other people who were also in the movie.

 

Finally, the announcer prepared to reveal the lead characters: “On the role of Shizuka, we got the awarded with the Best Actress prize at the Golden Globes: Nana!” People stood up to clap, photographers and journalists went crazy on both their pictures and lines on their laptops and notebooks, then there was Raina who was pretty much in shock at the announcement. “Now, on the role of Sori, we got for you, the also awarded with the Best Actress prize, but at the Tony Awards: Raina!” as the mentioned one started to walk in front, all the people who had their eyes and flashes on Nana, including the latter caught in shock, turned to Raina.

 

Once the ceremony was over and everyone went to the party, Nana and Raina gave their very frontal glances at each other. “You! I still can’t believe it” said Nana in surprise, though her face had a good look of disgust towards the short one. “Me neither” Raina’s face had a frown on it as she muttered her two words. Something clearly showed for these two, it was not going to be an easy work to do, only its end would tell the results of such encounter and the amount of time they were going to be sharing from now on.