Links

Contrastive Sonorus

YEARS AGO...


"Oh Christ! Nana, we're gonna be late!" shouted Raina shaking Nana's body next to her

Nana yawned and opened one of her eyes to look at her phone "Oh God! Didn't we set up an alarm?"

"Apparently we didn't" replied the girl from the choir as she washed her face.

Nana checked on her phone to see what could have happened and sighed "Ugh, we set up the alarm for 6pm"

"We? Oh no, this is all your matter" discussed Raina just to hear Nana clearing and showing her her very own phone with '6:30pm' on it. "Ok, it's our fault" she looked at her hair and signalated to come where she was, where she brushed her hair. "It's getting so long" she said referring to Nana's beautiful hair.

"You know you like it" said Nana with a smirk.

"It's your hair, as long as you like it is fine by me" she sighed "I'd like to keep it this short"

"You'll look more beautiful if you let it grow" said Nana fixing her clothes to realize how wrinkled they were, then gave a look to Raina "we shouldn't have spent the whole afternoon and night in our uniforms"

Raina sighed "I know, but we have no time to take care of it. We'll just wear our sweaters. By the way, I won't give you the pleasure to see me with long hair."

Nana scoffed "You will one day. Just wait and see"

**

Jooyeon was sitting in the classroom, wondering why Raina wasn't there already, she got worried when the teacher came in and she was still not there. Raina was very punctual on her classes. Then she saw the short figure entering the room in hurried steps and sitting next to her.

"You're never late. What happened to you?"

"I made a mistake with my alarm"

"Please, don't do it again, I don't have a good feeling about this temporary teacher"

"We got a new teacher?"

"Didn't you hear? Our Art teacher is going through some surgery so we're getting this teacher for 2-3 weeks. Luckily, we'll just see her once a week. So, no big deal, unless she's some monster."

Raina gave a look at the slender woman. Light brown hair, seemed a bit delicate and wore glasses, giving her a kind look "I don't think she would be like that." Her thoughts were confirmed when this woman with a huskly voice named Kim Jungah got most boys crazy and treated them with most kindness, letting sometimes the students to get loud any other time.

"Do you think this is her first time teaching?”

“Probably”

The bell rang before they could do any more hypothesis about their temporary teacher. Raina got up fast and started to pick up her books before leaving the classroom, Jooyeon was confused at her behaviour. “What’s the hurry? You got an early practice?”

“Oh no, I’m just gonna try to see if I have another shirt on my locker, so I can switch it, this one I have it’s completely wrinkled”

Jooyeon raised an eyebrow and almost threw away the matter, if it wasn’t for Nana entering the classroom with a quite similar wrinkled shirt. If she was closer to Nana she would have tried to investigate right there why both girls were in the same situation, but since it wasn’t the case, she just picked up her books, waved Raina and Nana, and left the classroom. Raina stared at her friend until she was out of her visual range, then turned to Nana. “Did Uee ask you about your shirt status?”

“Yup”

“What did you tell her?”

“That I woke up late and I didn’t have the time to fix it”

Raina laughed to herself thinking that maybe both friends were going to do a detectivesque work about the whole thing, but then discarded it, I don’t think they’ll go that far.

**

Uee was walking in firm steps towards a classroom, only to stop at the entrance looking how both Nana and Raina laughed at each other while discussed about what they were doing last night. Her eyes widened at finding out that they spent their time together. Taking her phone, she proceeded to text a certain acquaintance.

Are Nana and Raina dating and we don’t know a thing about it or what?!

Jooyeon’s eyes widened her eyes at the text and replied immediately

I don’t know?! I’m as clueless as you. By the way, who’s this?

Uee could facepalm herself right there for not identifying herself.

To Jooyeon:

I’m Uee. I heard them talking about how they spent together last night. Did Raina tell you anything about it?

Jooyeon almost fell backwards at what she was reading, she knew that something was indeed suspicious and it had Nana’s name on it, but there was no way she would imagine her best friend spending a whole night with the most popular girl at school.

To Uee:

“THEY WHAT?! No, Raina didn’t tell me a thing, she just told me that she fell asleep and that she made a mistake with her alarm.”

Uee let out a gasp of surprise and replied as fast as she could.

To Jooyeon:

“THAT WAS THE SAME THING THAT NANA TOLD ME!”

To Uee:

“Don’t tell me they… Christ, Uee! We’re in the same school, can’t we meet on the trees behind to talk about the whole thing? They both have practice. Let’s meet.”

Uee was still under the shock and wanted to keep the discussion going through texts, but she knew that Jooyeon was right. Deep down it was also due to a little fame that Jooyeon had about trying to hit on any girl she could, so she didn’t want to give her a chance. Still, she replied:

To Jooyeon:

“You’re right. I’m on my way”

Judging by the time that took Uee to reply, along the short answer, Jooyeon knew that her very own reputation was building some distrust from Uee. Even if it was partially true, she hadn’t such intentions with her. She had already declared Uee as way out of her league. But couldn’t help to smile at how the actions of both their best friends were trying to stir up a little wave of hope for her.