Frustration

Contrastive Sonorus

"Nana! She's not supposed to enter in this scene"

Both the script guy and Kahi were about to panic, the director was about to stop the shooting, but Jungah held her hand "Don't. I think it would be better if we see what could spring here". Kahi then made a signal to the actor of the father to do something, she didn't want to rely on improvisation again, but if there was something she had written in her mind, was to never doubt Jungah's gut.

Shizuka's father turned, and realized that his daughter was there "Shizuka?", something that made Nana to be on the line of being in character and not being into it. "Shizuka, darling. Why don't you come here for a while?" the mother spoke up this time. So, Shizuka —and Nana— did what some people would do in the presence of a strange situation. Run.

Sori —and in a subconscious way, Raina— tried to run after her, but was stopped by the father who then asked the mother to go check on Shizuka. After the older woman left, he turned to Sori.

"I know that you have good intentions, and you seem to have better ideas that the previous instructors had. So, please, I'll ask you just one thing: don't give false hopes to her. She's had enough of fantastic people who then turn to be great escapists."

Sori looked at him "I won't do that, I promise"

Kahi and Jungah were so into the shooting and the on-going tension, that they forgot about directing the cameras, to which Uee and Jooyeon reacted, the latter approached to a cameraman "Hey, close up in there", followed by Uee who matched Jooyeon's time instincts "Cut!"

"B-But! but..!" Kahi blurted making Jungah laugh after a few seconds of getting out of the daze caused by the scene.

"Good moves, Uee and Jooyeon. We're really sorry for getting too into the shooting." Jungah congratulated both girls.

**

Nana was alone in the makeup room, her head felt fuzzy and loads of questions were running through her head, from why did she do that, to why her eyes seemed glued to Raina. Then she felt angry at herself, after all, she was there to make a movie. She looked her reflection on her mirror, "Very professional of you, Nana. Great." She let her head to lean back and took a breath.

What's going on with me?

She looked at herself and stood up firm, "Ok, I'll pay attention this time and show them my talent"

**

"Nana! You're back. Good" said Kahi "Now we're gonna shoot your scene and please... try to avoid another improvisation, I don't think my nerves can handle more surprises.. Ow!" she interrupted her speech due to Jungah pinching her arm "Don't listen to her, Nana. The stage.., any scenario where actors do their jobs is their realm, therefore you are allowed to do whatever you consider you have to do" she said giving her a kind smile.

And so, Nana proceeded to do her shooting... but it didn't turn out as she expected. Kahi's voice was heard more often and louder that her own actions 'Shizuka wouldn't move like that!', 'Is that how would she react?', 'What's with that expression?'. Nana wanted to scream out of frustration but kept everything to herself the best she could, until Kahi yelled "Cut!" and took her hand to her forehead for a few seconds, before raising her head and directing herself to Nana "A word with you, Nana. Please."

Raina was worried even if Nana walked with such a grace and expressionless face, every step showed confidence. But still, she was worried about what could happen. Suddenly, she felt her shoulder being tapped "You can go" said Jungah.

She went right away after both ladies and carefully stood close to the door.

**

Nana felt frustrated but kept still while Kahi was sitting and keeping a scary silence while looking at her. Finally, after a few minutes she spoke up "Nana, why you..?" she sighed "Look, I don't want to yell at you here, but what's going on? Do you not like my movie? You don't want to be here? Is it a matter of money? Because seriously, I can't come up with any explanation for your poor acting."

Nana didn't know what to say except blurting a clear "I'll do my best this time".

"I hope so. You can go now. Study your character."

And so Nana went both helpless and still frustrated back to the hotel room.

**

"Hey, don't break things here! We're gonna be charged for this"

"I'll pay it!" Nana said before taking a hair dryer and was about to break the mirror, but Raina stopped her. She looked at her co-star and shook her head slowly. "Please, let me" she almost begged her, she needed to release her frustration.

"What if I tell you I have a better idea?"

Raina put down the hair dryer and taking her hand directed both of them towards the bathroom, straight to the tub. "Sit, I'll be back" Nana sat and in front of her was another mirror, she had to hold herself to not break it. Raina returned and asked Nana to lean her head back. She took her hair, and started to pour water on it, she ran her hands through it and started to wash it with a shampoo she found.

"It smells nice."

"It's apple. Well, at least that's what the bottle says."

Nana and Raina kept silence for a few minutes. The former girl's breathing could be heard loud and making the latter feel relieved that her actions were doing a good job.

"You think Kahi made a good choice? With me?" said Nana all of sudden, making Raina giggle in a low voice. "I felt the same a few days ago"

"So... that's why you ran away?"

"Yeah"

"That's a relief, I thought it was because of..." Nana stopped, she didn't want to look to her eyes as incredibly relevant in Raina's life when it seemed obvious that a lot has happened after they parted ways.

"Because of you?" Raina completed and Nana nodded, the former shook her head. "Maybe in a slight way, but that definitely wasn't the reason" she smiled and added "I thought on my role and how important was, and I definitely wasn't expecting this. I didn't want to carry such huge thing alone, the mistakes didn't make me feel any better, I was frustrated. I underestimated my character and that was the main error." She sighed "I just didn't want a big role, I was happy enough for doing a movie here, a musical movie. But I guess, some people have the knowledge of taking that and turning it into a good message to carry."

Nana smiled at her answer, she didn't think about Raina's frustrations, only hers. It wasn't that much of her fault, the off-screen world she knew and lived in, was a war zone, nobody could be trusted, no matter how pretty the face was. On the contrary, the prettier the face, the more dangerous the days. 

"If you love Kahi's movies, then she made the right choice. You'll figure out how to improve. I'll help you if you don't think on anything." Raina said as she continued washing Nana's hair with care.

On that moment, Nana felt as if they went back in time and gave Raina the most heartfelt smile of gratitude. She forgot about the hour, the movie, the date, the year, she just lived for that moment.

Raina kept washing her hair unaware of this smile, then suddenly she got an idea.

"Hey, how about we ask Kahi a week off to explore your character?"