Comfortably Trusting You

Contrastive Sonorus

YEARS AGO AT HIGH SCHOOL.

 

“I said I don’t want to go out with you because I don’t like you”

 

“I’ll make you like me, Raina” confirmed a handsome boy to Raina, as he got closer to her, holding her by her wrist against a wall, slowly turning such encounter into a fearful one for the girl, who despite of the situation, made to stay still and confront him once again. “Seriously? You think that pressuring me like this is gonna make me like you? You’re so wrong, let me go.”

 

“Oh, c’mon just another minute and I’ll show you” replied at her tightening his grip to avoid her from escaping. Suddenly, he felt his shoulder be tapped, when he turned, all he could see was a fist going to his face, hurting his nose. “I think she made it clear she didn’t like you and she wasn’t going to like you. Leave her alone!”

 

“Nana! What the hell you think you’re doing?” yelled the boy holding his nose. “Isn’t it obvious?” replied Nana and rolled her eyes.

 

“Do you even know her?”

 

“She’s my girlfriend! Now get lost, before I decide to kick your properly or make your harassment tale to be known by the principal.” Nana’s announcement shocked both the boy and Raina, making the former to go away as she smiled in triumph, then turn and try to help the latter.

 

“Do you just have that habit on getting in everyone else’s businesses?” asked Raina after she got up, picking up her phone. Nana chuckled “No, just yours” and smiled brightly at her. The shorter girl rolled her eyes “Why?” as the taller avoided just shrugged and picked up the other girl’s bag from the floor.

 

“C’mon, you have choir practice now.”





 

The next day…

 

During lunch, Raina was sitting on a table both eating and checking her scores, humming to every other tune that was written, practicing for the choir, she was really committed to it. Suddenly, while taking a bite, she accidentally let go of her scores which were carried around the table towards the floor by the wind.

 

“Hi, girlfriend” greeted a girl who was getting more involved with her that she could expect or wish, she picked the scores, giving them back to her.

 

“I’m not your girlfriend. What are you even doing here?”

 

“I thought in a case like this you would say ”thank you”.“ joked Nana.

 

“Thank you. What are you even doing here?” insisted Raina.

 

Nana looked around “Well, that guy’s around, so I don’t want him to throw a revenge thing at you today.” to stop at Raina’s eyes “Besides, if he thinks you’re my girlfriend, you’ll be safe.” ending the sentence with smile.

 

Raina rolled her eyes “I don’t need your protection.”

 

“You don’t want my protection.” corrected Nana.

 

“Seriously, did you come over here for this? Don’t you have a fanmeeting or something?” such questions draw a smirk on Nana’s face. “Oh, keeping up with my businesses, I see.” Raina sighed “Oh, shut up.” making the other girl to giggle at her reply and behaviour which was entertaining her so far. “I just wanna be sure you’re fine, okay? Let me just be with you today.”

 

A group of student suddenly showed up close to them, catching Nana’s attention, as she looked between them, she noticed a boy coming in the direction where she was and moved closer to Raina, wrapping her shoulder with her right arm, provoking an annoyed reaction in return “What..?”, but still covered this one’s face with the scores to not be seen.

 

Once the boy started to leave, Nana sighed in relief, making a confused Raina to turn where the girl’s eyes once were locked on “You don’t want to be with me to be sure I’m okay, right?”. Guessing with quite accuracy what the popular girl was there.

 

“Those are half my intentions?” Nana barely confessed.

 

“What is it, really?”

 

Nana took a breath before speaking, somehow she felt she could trust Raina, she couldn’t described the feeling but it felt just comfortable to be around her. “There’s a guy I rejected. Unlike your guy, this one is sweet. I rejected him, but he keeps insisting that he’s gonna win me somehow.”

 

“Why don’t you try with him anyway?” suggested Raina.

 

“Because I like you, dear. That’s what happens.” Nana said and smiled cheesley at the other girl, making the latter to sigh in annoyance. “I just like girls… at least is what I think right now” she finally confessed.

 

“Oh… I see”

 

“Do… Do you have a problem with that?” Nana asked with hesitation.

 

“Please, if I had a problem with that, I’d be shocked or running away from you, since you told that guy I was your girlfriend.” Raina smiled at Nana to comfort her. The smile indeed comforted the latter, who was starting to feel scared of making such confession. After the short got to see this slightly vulnerable side of Nana, she started to consider her from another perspective, maybe she wasn’t as stingy as people said, sighing, she added “I guess some people love to pretend that they know who we are.”

 

“I guess so”

 

At Nana’s reply, Raina stood up, picking her bag and scores with her, she looked at the girl and waited for a bit before chuckling “Well… I have a class in a bit, but I do like to be early, so, would you walk me to the classroom?”

 

“I’d love to, girlfriend”

 

“Stop with the girlfriend thing” Nana couldn’t help but to laugh at her reply. Yes, she definitely felt comfortable around her, even daring to call it… trust.