Plot

Contrastive Sonorus

“You! I still can’t believe it”

 

“Me neither”

 

Nana grabbed a glass of champagne from a close waiter, drank a sip and stared back at Raina, “What even got you that award? Jumping up and down on a cute hamster suit?” Raina snorted and despite that it wasn’t exactly an insult to cry for or get angry at, she couldn’t help to shoot back “I don’t know, what got you yours? Looking pretty and batting your fake eyelashes to the jury?”, Nana was about to say something, when Raina glanced at her right losing her attention “Oh no! You’re not going away” she said going after Jooyeon making it close enough to hold it by her shoulder, pulling her towards Nana and herself. Nana didn’t let go of the figure that was walking away along the captured one “You better come over here!” she shouted out at Uee, making this one to go back to her slowly.

 

Raina looked at both Uee and Jooyeon, before placing her eyes on the last one “Why didn’t you tell me that she was the other actress?” where this she was clearly Nana. Jooyeon blurted a few incoherent words before sorting them out to defend herself “When I mentioned Kahi, you said you would do the film, I have nothing to do with this.”

 

Nana turned to Uee “Unnie, you should have informed this to me. I even fired my agent to come here!”, this announcement surprised Raina who turned to her now co-star “You did?”, the brunette turned to her “Yeah” as soon as she realized who she was talking to, she frowned “but it’s none of your business”. Finally, Uee got to speak “I’m really sorry, I mean, I didn’t think…” but had to cut her words when she gave a glance to Jooyeon’s face, who was showing one asking her to not speak about it, at the loss of words the latter took the word again “Look, Kahi asked me if I knew Raina and she was asked to bring you here.” the shortest girl was starting to formulate her suspicions “But why separate?” when a slender lady wearing a black mini dress came towards them “Because the time was short and with your awards,  you might have got other roles and rejected these immediately. So, as soon as we heard the news, we sent for you, and well, we served ourselves of some faces you’re familiar with.”

 

Raina couldn’t help to be surprised at such explanation, letting out the evidence in her reply “wow… you do know how to do your job.” the lady smiled in signal of answer and indicated them to follow her “We’re gonna discuss the roles right now, since most of the cast have the idea except for you two.” Nana approached “right now?”, receiving a simple reply “Yes, Kahi is already waiting for you”.

 

Neither Raina nor Nana were used to receive explanations of their roles during a party, so their journey started to become a bit more confusing yet interesting, making both surrender to their curiosity. They went at the back of the hall, where a long aisle led to a few offices and after a few seconds, they got to the last door. Their companion stopped to check inside, after telling both actresses to wait outside. Nana didn’t like to wait for anything or anyone, so after letting out an annoyed sigh, she turned to Raina, while this one was looking at the door waiting patiently with a calm face. In that frame of time, Nana inspected her co-star up and down, her clothes and features, that white dress that let her back being visible. Those who didn’t know the tall beauty, would think that either she admired her, or wanted to sleep with her, especially when a smirk came onto her face, a thing that caught Raina’s attention “why are you looking at me like that?”, Nana chuckled “I’m just thinking on how pretty I am”.

 

Raina rolled her eyes, she was ready to say something when words were heard, “You may come in” the husky voice from their companion came from inside the office. Nana and Raina entered, the lady pointed their seats and they proceeded to wait there for whatever was going to happen, “Well, in case you don’t know it or remember it, I’m Kim Jungah and I work with Kahi, even though I may participate sometimes on direction, I focus on the production department, right now we have Jooyeon and Uee debuting as producers, so I’m guiding them. Kahi will come soon and explain in detail your characters, but I’m going to give you the general plot. Maybe your agents already told you that it’s a romance between girls, it has its musical part as well as spoken, it’s not entirely sung or danced. We picked you because of your skills, also because Kahi was completely sure that only you two could make this part, so give your very best” steps were suddenly heard and Jungah smiled “Well, the director is coming to fill you in detail. The best of luck for you two.” she stood up, the three of them bowed as she left and her presence was replaced with an older and taller one, yet imposing and attractive. Most people who worked with Kahi wondered why she chose to hide behind the cameras instead of being in front of them.

 

“Good evening, I’m sorry I couldn’t greet you before, I’m not too much of a party girl when the time to work gets really close. I’m Kahi, it’s really nice to finally meet you” expressed the beautiful director with a smile. After making herself comfortable in the chair, she placed her hands on the small and light wood colored desk. “So, the details on this plot. You know your characters, so I’ll start with the story then”, she cleared before starting, she usually got a bit nervous when she had to give out explanations but covered her expressions very well for that to go unnoticed, and so, Kahi started to narrate in a lower and mysterious voice “It starts on a house in Seoul, where this couple live a busy life, they have a daughter…” by the tone she was using, everyone would think that she was going to tell a horror story instead of a romantic one, realizing this and noticing Nana and Raina’s confused faces, she shook her head, let out a disapproving sigh and looked outside the door before shouting out “Jungah! Can’t you do this? I’m really bad at telling what are their characters about.”

 

Jungah came back on her steps with a glass of wine for her “Nonsense, you’re going well” she said before closing the door and going next to Kahi “It’s indeed about this couple, this japanese-korean couple who live with their daughter in Seoul, the name of the girl is Shizuka.” the director turned to one of the actresses “that means your character, Nana. Keep going JjungJjung.”

 

The producer continued “Despite of the girl’s intelligence, her heart beats the most for singing. Her parents don’t encourage Shizuka to pursue such thing as to become a musician due to her particular condition. However, Shizuka tries in her own way to tell them that it really means a lot for her to try.”, again Kahi spoke up to point out “and that’s when their parents look for a teacher, someone who could be at Shizuka’s level, a passionate person.”

 

Jungah smiled at Kahi and then turned to the actresses “They bring Sori to their house, she doesn’t have the enough experience or the self-confidence, but most of her teachers recommended her due to her way of bringing joy to everyone, no matter what.” the producer stopped and sighed, to which the director couldn’t help to let out a thought “I think Sori is definitely Jungah’s favourite character.” an excited Jungah replied “she’s a h…, well, better don’t spoil it to you so fast. Where were we?” Kahi joked “You fangirling over Sori?” earning her arm to be punched.

 

“So, eventually, Shizuka learns music in an unexpected way.” once again Kahi made an addition “and there comes a dancing number for you, Nana.” making the actress to be excited, but which expression managed to suppress for Raina. Jungah also added “Of course, that during all the events, they gradually fall in love with each other.” the director then explained “one of the thing they realize, is that they see in the other the person they want to become, that’s something key for these characters and I want you to have it in mind when playing them. Teamwork is essential.” These last words rang as a death sentence for both Raina and Nana.

 

“And that would be pretty much what the movie is about, the rest you may see it on the scripts.” pointed Jungah, to which Kahi joked again “Yeah, Jungah doesn’t want to ruin your performance with her fangirling.” making the producer to slap her shoulder.

 

Nana and Raina were escorted to back to the party hall, where they found Jooyeon and Uee waiting for them with a slight expression of fear, at the confused faces, Uee told Jooyeon “tell them”, the addressed one took a breath before muttering the following words “It’s about the rooms… We couldn’t exactly reserve on time, so… you guys will be sleeping in the same room.”

 

A/N: Happy New Year! I'm really sorry this took so long, I was sick. I'm already working on Chapter 3 so it will come sooner than this one. Thanks a lot to the ones who suscribed! :D I really hope you find some joy here. Lots of love for you!