Pain

Our Breaking Point
XSYKOTICA

Chapter 13 
Pain

Author P.O.V.

As soon as Jongin mention their daughter Yaeun head snapped into his direction eyes on fire. With two quick strides she was over by her side and had slapped him

"You piece of " she mumbled under her breath. 

"You have no right to mention my daughter" With a pointed finger on his direction.

"I have every right!!" Jongin retaliated.

"She was our daughter. Our princess, you knew how badly I had wanted to start a family with you an-" 

 "How dare you, you don't deserve to call Haeun anything," Yaeun eyes filled with tears

"I gave you a chance to redeem yourself but you broke us." 

"Is this what it is?! Your petty anger, I asked for your forgiveness in multiple occasions Yaeun!" Jongin snapped at the girl in front of him.

"It wasn't my fault it was yours" Yaeun stared at blank space blaming Jongin.

"Yes it was your fault" She mumbled over and over again. At that moment and time Jongin saw how broken Yaeun was but before he could say anything she looked at him with tears in her eyes. She walked to him and hit his sturdy chest.

"Give her back to me Jongin" she cried hitting him harder this time.

"Give me back my baby" She hit him even harder this time. Jongin finally couldn't take it and enveloped Yaeun's small frame in his arms suppressing her sobs. Yaeun tried to escape his grasp but failed.

"Go please" she begged

"I can't" he whispered back. Soon after Yaeun calmed down and fell asleep in Jongin's embrace. Jongin took her to her room and laid her down. 

"For one more time please let me be selfish with you" He whispered to her as she slept. Her peaceful sleeping face was the complete opposite of the look of contempt she gave Jongin every time she sees him. 

Kai P.O.V.

As I looked around her apartment emotions surge through my body.Thoughts run through my mind as I see every piece of furniture, pictures and decorations.

How long has she suffered because of me. Why did I ever think think that we would be fine after everything I have done. Would she have been better off if she hadn't met me.

However my thoughts were cut off when a scream resonated in the whole apartment. It was coming from Yaeun's room; with my heart pounding out of my chest I ran to her room only to find her alone with a distressed look on her once peaceful sleeping face

"No, please don't take her " She was whimpering

"No, Haeun my aegi please wake up for umma" Tears were starting to form on her closed lids and I couldn't take it anymore. Slowly I made my way towards her and I hesitantly touched her hair hoping that maybe just maybe it can ease her pain. 

End P.O.V.

The Next Day

Author P.O.V.

Yaeun woke up abruptly from her usual slumber; nightmares of Kai with Yubin and her baby being killed in front of her. She looked around the room frantically like she always does in moments like these. The whole apartment seemed to be left alone in dreamland save for a delicious aroma filling her whole room. 

Did he really stay or is this another one of my hope full dreams. She sat there in her ghoulishly white bed debating whether to go out or stay and pretend to sleep until he would leave. 

I can't avoid him forever she grimly thought. Heaving a sigh Yaeun left the comfort of her bed and opened the door to her fears. 

----

Meanwhile in the kitchen Jongin cooked away; making Yaeun's favorite breakfast waffles with bacon and a Sunnyside up egg. After he was finished he sat down and actually forgot for a moment that this wasn't reality, that this was a dream and an illusion that would break the moment Yaeun opens the door and tells him to leave. That they didn't exist, at aleast not anymore, because of his mistakes that caused him a family, and yet he can still vividly imagine Yaeun opening that door holding Haeun smiling. He can imagine the words honey and daddy leave their lips as he smiled rushing his way towards them. He laughed sarcastically ignoring the tears marring his face as he looked up the ceiling. 

-----

Yaeun now stood on her narrow hallway slowly following the scent of bacon and once she reached her kitchen she stood frozen in place; it was Jongin crying and mumbling incoherently. As she got closer what he was saying was getting clearer and clearer

"It was all my fault" he repeated over and over. He sat at the table, his brown hair currently disheveled from his hands running through them again and again. With her hand covering to prevent a sob from coming out Yaeun turned around and made her way back to her room. Her eyes getting foggier with each step she takes. As she closed her bedroom door two words consumed her mind

If only



Authors Note 

Hellooooo guys, man its been a while. I was hoping to update a week or so from the previous chapter but as you can see things didn't turn out the way I planned. The research papers, sports, and memoirs just piled on top of each other. Then the week became months and I couldn't update. I'm really sorry for that guys, but I will be working on a new chapter this spring break hopefully. However when you live where snow falls spring break becomes a day or two so lets see how that turns out. As always 

Thank you to the new subbies.