Chapter 8

Stay With Me

I felt goosebumps climb up my body as he spoke those three simple words to me. My heart sped up with his light hold on my hand. My knees locked and didn't unlock until he pulled back. What guy is able to make my body form goosebumps, or make my knees lock or my heart speed up faster than anything? Why did he have this hold on me, I think it's just anger whenever I see him. That's what I keep telling myself at least. It can't be anything other than anger.
I finally got a hold of myself and ripped my hand away from him. I can't trust anyone right now.
"No." I said harshly. I was getting tired of people trying to save me. I wasn't a damsel in distress.
"We just want to help you!" Taehyung said harshly. I could sense the frustration floating in the air. They obviously couldn't tell that i didn't want to be helped.
"I see that you want to help me, but I'm not some princess that needs to be saved by seven dwarfs or some Prince. Just leave me be," I said pushing my way through the group. I needed to find a place to sleep.
"No. You are staying with us," I heard Jungkook yelled. His tone was angry and frightening. I froze in my step with his words. "People want to help you and you seem to not see that. There are people that who want to care about you, open your cold heart for once." He said angrily, he fist clenched and his eyes burning into mine. His eyes held fire that couldn't be extinguished so easily.
"I don't want help. I want to be left alone, please just do this one thing," I said my eyes starting to water until I stopped them. Why doesn't anyone understand this one wish? "Pleas-" I started to whispered before I was interrupted by a voice that rarely speaks to me.
"Can you please stay with us? I'm worried that you might be hurt out here," Jimin said softly. He came up to me and took my hand dragging me down the street away from the diner. We walked for five minutes before we stopped in front of the apartment building where I saw a bunch of little teenagers screaming this morning.
"Why are we here? I never agreed to it," I said taking my hand back from Jimin. He smiled at me before walking into the building expecting me to follow only I stood. The rest of the group came behind and shoved me into the building to follow. They all smiled and joked as if I wasn't there. It's like they knew I was coming to live with them. I'm not staying long is my plan though.
"Good evening gentlemen, wait who is this madam?" A man in a doorman suit spoke and bowed as we walked by.
"Hello, sir. This is Seren. She is staying with us for a while," Jungkook said. He was actually nice when he spoke to him but glared at me as we walked. What did I do?
We stepped into the elevator but the doors wouldn't close as there were to many people on it. I stepped off and Jungkook jumped off after me as the door closed. I didn't know where I was going anyways so I'm glad one of them stayed but why him?
"Why did you stay with me? How could you let me stay here?" I said hitting him in the arm.
"Ouch,what was that for? I didn't do anything," he said rubbing his arm. He acted as if I could actually hurt him.
"Because you deserve it, why am I actually here?" I said as I hit the button once I knew they were far enough up. I looked at him and he was checking me over. "I see you, stupid. Look somewhere else."
"I don't know why you are here. Why ask me, there are six other people upstairs. I so wasn't looking at you either. Nothing to look at," he said at one more look over of me.
"Excuse me? I am actually not horrible looking I like to think. So why don't you, ummmm, back it up before I step on your face. And what is up with you being rude to me? Did I do anything to offend you?" I said as we stepped on to the elevator that showed up sometime during our short conversation.
"If you like to keep thinking that than go ahead. And I don't know what you are talking about," he said with small smirk he pushed the button to the top floor and waited for the door to close. I looked at him and pushed the button to a different floor. "What are you doing? That's not the right floor." He said looking at me with curiosity.
"You don't want me here, I don't want to be here so I'm leaving." I said as the doors open. I stepped out and the doors started to close before I ran. I knew he would open the door seconds later so I found the stairs that went back down to the floor I went up from and jumped down them. I slammed open the door, making me almost run into the doorman but was able to doge him barely.
"Stop, Seren!" I heard Jungkook tell to me. "Stop!" He kept yelling but I was already out the door and going into the park. I finally stopped when I thought I was far enough away. I was bending down gasping for breath when someone grabbed my bag. "Just stop running." He spoke through his desperation of breath.
"Stop acting like you care. I know, I know you don't care and it hurts that you pretend that you do. I don't need friends or help," I said trying to get away. He wouldn't loosen his grip so I gave up and just stood. "What did I do to deserve this life?" I said, myself starting to let go.
"You didn't do anything so please don't think you did. Please just come stay with us. You need people who care about you, you need a home," he said looking at me. He touched me cheek as a tear slipped away. "Don't cry, your face doesn't need the redness," he said smiling at me.
"I don't need anything. I need my brother and myself. No one else needs to worry about me. Please just stop. I will stay one night and then find somewhere else. School starts soon so I need to work more so I can afford my transfer and my brothers uniform and everything. I don't need you guys to worry about me and distractions. Let's go," I said starting to walk away. I wiped my face and in my breath before he stopped me.
"You are going to stay all the time, not one night. And I'll help you i anyway I can. Don't worry," he said hugging me. He let go and we walked back to the building. Holding my bag he walked behind me making sure I didn't run again.
We walked back into the building and got into an elevator. As we went up I got nervous. We finally stepped out into a pent house. All the boys were sitting there waiting patiently as if they knew I would run.
"Well your room is in here," Yoongi said as he walked me to a room at the end of a hallway. The room was huge and there was one single dresser and mirror along with a twin bed. "You should be comfortable here, it's a nice bed and heat so please enjoy. The bathroom is right over there so take a shower. Sleep tight," he said before closing the door. I sat down on the bed and rubbed the comfortable sheets letting my fingers feel soft fabric again. The room was beautiful with its real walls and large windows letting in lots of light it was able to make me feel overwhelmed and exhausted. I stood up and took a quick shower before I went to bed. When I got out of the shower my bag had been set on the bed with a note attached to it.
'Don't run and enjoy the room. Sleep tight. Jungkook' was all it said. I couldn't help but smile. I fell asleep with two faces in my mind that night.