Chapter 22

Stay With Me

  4 Months Later
'1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4' kept bouncing in my head as I let my feet move with the music. My heart was racing the faster I went until the music came to a halt. I spun around to see who had stopped the music only to find Tae standing there with Jimin at his side. 
"Why did you stop the music? I'm trying to get my steps down," I turned back to the mirror I was facing and started doing the steps I kept messing up on. I could see worry on their faces as I worked through teach steps slowly. 
"You need to slow down," Tae said to me. He grabbed my shoulders trying to halt my movements except I kept going. My feet were still moving while my upper half was stuck in the spot Tae held them at. I wasn't going to stop, I didn't want my thoughts to catch up to me. 
"Jungkook! Stop!" Jimin yelled at me. His voice echoed against the four walls of the small room made me freeze in my step. "We know how you feel! You aren't the only one going through this. She has been in a coma for four months, imagine what her brother is going through or the rest of us. Stop being so selfish!" He quickly turned around, storming out the door. His fading back made me fall to the ground. He was right, he always is. 
"You really need to stop acting like it's only you going through this. The rest of us are just as lost as you are. Your feelings may be different towards her but she is still our family too," Tae patted my shoulder before following Jimin out the door. 
The last four months have been agony for everyone who knew her.. The doctors have no clue what is wrong with her and no one knows what to do. We are lost in how to react to the frozen body laying in the hospital bed. 
Her brother shows up everyday at the hospital after school, always trying to seem happy by telling her of his day or the latest show he watches but always has to wipe his tears away when he leaves... The boys always go but never know how to act, they are actually scared. You don't ever see them scared and frightened of what the future holds. I just sit there and look at her hoping for a sign that she will wake up again. I grip her hand and pray that someone won't take her away from me after I made so many mistakes. Jieun and Krystal show up and speak of everything that they can trying to keep it together, they hold the tears in and act tough like everyone else. Honestly no one knows what to do anymore.
I let my thoughts flow through my mind as I check the clock, seeing the hands move at a slow pace. The clock finally strikes five and I pull myself up. It's time to go see her, I grab my bag laying by the stereo lugging it over my shoulder.
The street was as silent as it ever was with cars zooming by, people sitting on benches and the sun slowly setting behind me. I walked with my mind numb barely processing where I was going until I landed in front of the hospital, I don't remember how I ended up here so quickly or what I passed but I finally got the courage and walked through the doors laying in front of me. I greeted the nurses behind the desk before preceding towards the elevator. I pushed the button as I entered the elevator before I eagerly started to push the close door button trying desperately to not have anyone get on with me. 
The doors finally shut and I felt a surge of relief. I hated getting in elevators while having to stand there in awkward silence with someone who tries to start a conversation like couldn't you just wait for the next elevator?
I let the soft hum of smooth jazz relax my body as I went up a good five floors until the small ding echoed through the room. I looked around as I stepped out and started greeting the many familiar faces. I walked counting one door at a time until I came to the familiar number of fifteen. I looked around the corner of the open door and saw her laying still. The streak sheets made her dark skin pop a little and her hair laid around her like an angel, she had needles in her that were accompanied by a beeping echoed around the room. I stepped beside her bed reaching for her hand, I gripped it slightly wishing she would wake up. 
I shook my head trying to get the thoughts out of my head, I pulled a chair up closely to her bed and pulled a book out. We have finished three books already and this was going to be the forth... I read Repunzel to her and saw a strange familiarity between us and them in the book. No matter how close we were there was always something separating us. I let the smooth words roll off my tongue until I heard a small knock. 
I turned around and saw two unfamiliar faces peek around the door, I had a sinking feeling in my stomach but I ignored it as I stood up. 
"Hello, may I help you?" I asked simply trying not to be rude to them. They came in through the door and ran to each side of Seren, ignoring my question. "Excuse me, but who are you and what do you want?" My patience wearing thin. They both turned to me, the older male giving me a look.
"Excuse me, but who do you think you are sitting next to my daughters bed! And to speak to me like that," he said getting in my face. I knew that strange feeling in my stomach wasn't for nothing. I felt anger bubble up in my stomach, my fist clenching up. Who exactly do they think they are to come back here?
"Leave. Now." I said through my teeth trying to keep my anger down. They gave me a look like I was crazy.
"Who do you think you are?" The father started pushing me backwards. I didn't push him away or hit him since I didn't need to be sued anytime today. 
"I'm asking you to leave now, she doesn't need the stress of your presence here. In fact neither does her brother so please just leave, before I call security," I went back to my chair and started holding her hand. 
"Let go of my daughters hand!" He grabbed my shirt yanking me out of the chair. I heard a small groan come from behind me but I didn't get a chance to look before a fist connected with my face twice. When I was released, I fell to the ground, I couldn't feel my nose and my eyes were starting to lose sight.
 "Oh my dear baby! I'm so glad your awake, I knew you would wake up if you heard my voice." I heard a feminine voice say as Seren's dad ran to the side of bed. The last thing I remembered was someone screaming in the room before I could only hear the beating of my heart.