Chapter 17

Stay With Me
My ears taking in the beat of my heart loudly until that's all I heard. The beat taking over the sounds of the city and calming my mind. There were no cars honking, no sirens, no crying, only my heart. 
Why did I push him away? Jimin is a great guy, I can't deny that, but I just couldn't. My heart wouldn't let me do it. No, I wouldn't let myself do it. What was stopping me? I stopped in my tracks thinking desperately why I would push such a great person away... 
I heard my phone ring from my bag pulling me from my thoughts and quickly took it out. It wasn't my brother but the number was unfamiliar to me. I let curiosity get the better of me and picked it up on the third ring.
"Hello?" I said softly into the phone. I waited a moment for a response before I spoke again. "Hello? Is anyone there?" I said pulling the phone away from my ear and looking at the number again. I wasn't on mute and I know my phone wasn't broken yet, but there was still no response so I was just about to hang up when I felt a pair of hands grab me on my shoulders.
I quickly grabbed the the large man's arm and flipped him over my body. Still holding his arm I pushed it backwards towards his head and stood on his back. His arm muscle was probably tearing, but that was none of my concern, I was having a bad day.
"Aye! I surrender! Stop it!" I heard my attacker yelling, his free hand slapping the ground. I let go of his hand but stood ready for a counter attack if that was going to happen.
"What do you want?" I said harshly. The man in front of me was bald with a friendly looking face, he stood tall with a height of maybe six feet with a plaid shirt on and slacks, on his feet were a pair of gray hightop converse. He looked at me for a moment before smiling a knowing look.
"So you are Seren. I see why the boys like you so much." He smiled at me before sticking out his hand. "Names H. All you need to know. I'm the boys manager. I've heard a lot about you." He spoke as a look of realization came across my face and I shook his hand. 
"Hello, sir. Nice to meet you." I said bowing once to him. I patted down my skirt and shirt before looking at my feet. "Sorry, I hurt you. Is your arm okay?" I asked looking at him. 
"Oh, no. It hurts like a mother trucker, but you did the right thing. You are a very smart lady. Anyways lets get to the point. Walk with me," he said as he waved me to follow him. We walked up the sky with streetlights being the guide on the sidewalks. Not a word was spoken for what seemed like forever until we finally stopped in front of the diner and he looked around. 
"Listen, I'm not sure what I did, but I'm sorry for whatever it is." I said trying to end this conversation as quickly as I could. 
"You didn't do anything, but I need a favor from you. I'll pay you a very good amount for this favor," he spoke as he sat down on the stairs and looked at the gleaming stars. "Stay away from the boys."
I looked at him intently as the words processed through my head. Stay away from the boys.... Was the only thing that went through my head as stared at him. Why do I need to stay away from them?
"I'm sorry what did you say? I don't think I heard you right," I said trying to make sure I heard him right. 
"I know you are without a home, money, shower and food. You have a job, but that's it. I'll pay you two hundred thousand dollars." He spoke as he looked at me. My knees started to go weak when he told me the price. 
"I'm sorry, but they are my friends. I can't do that. Anyways why do I need to stay away from them?" I said before I could even think. I needed the money, but they were my friends. I looked at him intently making him know my decision was final. 
"Hmm, really? Don't you want to bring your little brother home, have a life, go to a good school? You can do all that with this money. There is also the fact that you are pulling them away from their dream, you are distracting them. Do you want to be the one to pull them down?" He spoke to me and waited for me to respond. I was pulling them down? Is that really what they think I'm doing, or is it only him? I looked at him for a moment afraid that he was actually right...
He pulled out an envelope and grabbed a couple pictures from inside of it. He grinned at me as if he was hiding something from me before handing me the pictures. This man loves ruining my life.
The first picture was of Jimin kissing another girl hard. By the clothes he was wearing, it looked as though it was from today right before he picked me up. Was he playing me? I quickly changed the picture and saw Jungkook. His face was smiling as he held hands with another girl. He looked so happy with her so much more happier than with me. Then again he wasn't ever with me. My heart broke instantly with this photo, my legs collapsing. I sat on the stairs looking at his face and desperately wished to unsee this picture. 
"So how about now? You going to take my deal?" He said smirking. He knew he had me under his finger. I looked at him, wiping away the tears that formed on my cheeks. 
"You just blackmailed me. Figures, you would." I snorted. My body got heavier as I thought of the pain, I was going through because of this jerk.
I thought of my little brother and how he has no one around that loves him. He was with friends that caredabout him. But he needs his family, people who really love him. He needed me.  
"Deal."