Chapter 14

Stay With Me
He pushed away from me and walked towards the door slowly. He looked back once before entering the building, leaving me there wondering what had just happened. I slowly slid down the wall until I was on the floor. He just took my first kiss, and acted like it was nothing.. 
"What does this even mean.." I mumbled as I forced myself to stand back up. I turned toward the wall and kicked it hard, instantly regretting it, I clutched my foot and bounced up and down like they do in movies. The pain soon subsided and decided that it was time to go back in.
I walked into the diner having my face towards the ground to avoid his eyes. I felt six pairs of eyes on me as I went by the table and went back to my cleaning job.
"Seren, come do your homework. We are on a slow time, and I want you to go to college." Su yelled across the diner at me. I looked at her before u started laughing, but I knew better not to argue with her so I set my stuff down before heaving my bag over to a booth to get started. I heaved my new books out of bag and opened up to the first page, my mind quickly focused on the words in front of me, one by one bodies came in and out of the restaurant as I finished the work. The boys had started their work before they looked at the clock and decided it was best to leave. They each said their goodbyes to Su and went on, Jungkook stopped at my table as I was doing my last math problem. I looked up to meet his eyes with mine and saw that they weren't even looking at me. I suddenly became self conscious and looked back down at the numbers, I quickly started to write again before he slid a note to me and walked away.  
I added up the last of the numbers at the close of the door and set my pencil down. With my hands shaking I grabbed the note, taking a deep breath I opened up the napkin. 
'Meet me at the park. As soon as it closes, I'll be waiting from now to then so come please.' Was all it read, I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost time to close and that I had been doing my work longer than expected. 
"Leave," Su said to me. I looked over at her a gave her a curious look. What did she mean? "Go see him, now. I'll close up," she said as she handed me my bag and shoving me out the door. I looked back at her once before I stepped down the stairs. I walked over to the park with a slight skip in my step not exactly sure why but it was there. 
I finally reached the park and looked around. He was sitting with his head tilted back and eyes closed up towards the sky. His face looked like it did when I first met him, my heart lurched a little with the thought of the kiss he gave me hours ago. 
"You just gunna stand there and stare?" He said to me as he looked over at me. My heart jumped with fear when he spoke. My cheeks instantly turned red and my feet walked over to the bench. I sat down next to him, not looking at him. "Hey look at me." He said as he touched the bottom of my chin. I looked over at him and saw his smile. My heart raced a little as he got closer to me, out lips were inches apart until he smiled and pulled a flower out of my hair. "Had something in your hair." 
"What do you need, Jungkook?" I said as I sat back and stared at the passing clouds. I heard him breathe as he thought about what he was going to say. 
"We need to talk about this. What this means," he said quietly. "We can't tell anyone about it. I don't want you hurt." My heart broke at those simple words. Am I this embarrassing or did he regret kissing me? 
"Am I really that embarrassing to be seen with? I never thought I was pretty guess, I was right. Do you regret kissing me?" I said as I looked at him. His face turned away from me and my heart ached. "Thank you for answering my question. I'll see you at school, Jungkook." I said as I stood up, I turned towards him once thinking about what I thought this was. "Let's not talk again," I quickly turned and trying to walk away. 
"No, I don't regret it. I want you but I can't hurt you. Please understand," he said as he stood up following me. 
"I'm stronger than you seem to understand. Yes, I do cry but I take it. You don't seem to understand that you hurt me more than anything else could have. You really don't care about me," I said looking at him. My anger seeping through my body. He stepped closer to me, looking down at me. He leaned down and let his lips run over mine. I quickly pushed him away, slapping him hard enough to have a hand print etched on his face. 
"My feelings are not something you can play with. So either you stop doing this and actually care about me or you cut me off for real." I turned around and walked away from him. Hoping never to speak to him again, never to see him at the diner again, never to cause me pain again. Like he said, I'm a tree, I use my bark to protect myself from pain that is inflicted upon me.