Chapter 4

Stay With Me
Once seven finally rolled around I entered the battered diner. Trying desperately to wake myself out of my zombie state. I walked into the diner and saw that there were already people sitting in a booth chatting away. They sat in the far booth side of the restaurant away from the door. They were all laughing and joking like no care in the world. It made me sick, I think I got sick of people who are happy already. 
"Hello, ma'am. I'm here, what do you need me to do?" I said putting my bag behind the counter and putting my hair up. She turned to me and smiled checking over me.
"You look miserable. You sure you are okay?" She said searching my eyes for any hint of how my night went. I wouldn't let the wall in my eyes down. "Anyway, you can get the table back there, they come everyday so they will now be your regulars. I used to do them but after awhile I wanted to.... That's not important right now," she said with a shake of her head and pushing me towards them. I looked back at her with a small smirk. If she thinks a group of boys would scare me away from this job, not a chance
"What can I get you this morning?" I said taking my pen and pad out of my pocket. I didn't even look them in the eye just wanting the order and to be done with them.
"Umm, your not Su. Where is she?" A voice said causing me to look up. The boy had brown hair that wasn't to long or short but reached past his eyebrows and had this look of curiosity swimming in his eyes. I wasn't in the mood to answer him, but I can't risk losing this job so I just smiled sweetly. Trying not to send lasers through his eyes as I stated at him. 
"I'm new and got put on this table," I replied with as little attitude I could muster. "Now, once again what would you like to eat?" I replied with a bit of snark in there. 
Everyone ordered the same thing, a ham and egg biscuit. Why would they order so little? I would order the biggest thing on the menu and finish it. Those boys need to learn to eat and not pick at the food. 
I put it on the order area and waited for the orders to be done. I stood and watched them from behind a menu, woah, I'm a horrible spy, aren't i? I laughed at my own joke a little to loud I guess because they all turned to me with curiosity surrounding them. I waved to them before going back to the menu. I was starving so I ordered something to, promising to pay for it. 
Their orders finally came out first and I quickly grabbed the plates and piled them on a try, praying to only have to make one trip. I walked over to them and set the tray down roughly as my arms aren't strong enough yet to carry it one handed. 
"Okay, well here you go. We have seven ham and egg biscuits," I said as I slid them across the table to land perfectly in front of the boys one by one. They all seemed to have manners with each one giving a thank you. I just nodded and left quickly but was stopped by one single voice. 
"Excuse me, this biscuit is burned. Please fix it," that voice said. I spun around and put on the fake smile i owned well. I looked at his biscuit that looked perfectly fine and exactly the same as the other ones. 
"Sir, that biscuit is absolutely not burned. It is fine," I said trying to get back to my pancakes waiting for me to devour. I heard my stomach growl so big that rest of the table looked up at me.
"Are you hungry?" He said with a smirk. All the other boys snickered through their full mouths. I gave him this glare getting ready to hit him.
"Yes, I'm starving and you are keeping me from my food so you can either eat the damn biscuit or sit there and starve. I'll be back with the bill in a minute," I said turning away from their fish like faces to fetch their check. I grabbed it and went back to the table and set the check down. I left faster then I did the first time but a hand grabbed me. 
"Why should we pay? You were rude to us," he said. I was not in the mood for this imbecile. Why should he pay? 
My fist clenched and my heart rate picked up, I'm not sure if it was because he grabbed my hand or that I was angry. That didn't matter though, he needed to let go of me.
"Let go of me. And why should you pay? This diner needs money, I need money, the workers here are not rich like you so pay." I said before I left and grabbed my pancakes. I sat in a booth and ate them till I was full. I hadn't eaten in two days so this felt good. I laid in the booth and closed my eyes slowly till I was out. Hopefully this won't get me fired... Was all I thought before I was out.