Chapter 20

Stay With Me
Jungkook POV
  There she lay, motionless while a moment ago she was looking up at me. I didn't know what to do until my emergency senses started to kick in, making me kneel next to her. I touched her neck looking for a barely noticeable pulse, her skin was as cold as ice. People were starting to stare at her laying on the cold concrete. 
  "Seren, wake up! This isn't funny!" I yelled shaking her lightly. She moved with my hands as I shook her. She wasn't moving and her pulse was slowly starting to disappear with the wind. I felt rain fall onto the back of my neck, it getting heavier with each drop. 
  "Is she okay?"; "What happened?"; "Did that boy do something to her?" People were whispering all around. I took my jacket off and put it on top of her to protect her from the tears from above. I quickly then flung her bag over my shoulder before I proceeded to pick her up. I looked around as she laid in my hands wedding style, I couldn't remember which way that hospital was... 
  "Which way is the hospital!?" I yelled to the bystanders cowering under umbrellas. They all pointed towards the direction of the diner, I felt my feet run in that direction. I left the dumbfounded people who were not helping her in any way. What useless human beings...
  My lungs were grasping for the air that was going into my body. I ran past the dark diner, couples holding hands under protection from the water, the brightly lit stores selling clothing. I ran through soaking piles of leaves, dodged dog walkers urging their dogs to hurry up and forgot about stopping when I shouldn't cross the crowded streets. All I thought about was Seren. The way she smiled with her eyes, the way she tried to depend only on herself and the way I felt when I first saw her. I couldn't stop, I wouldn't stop now. 
  My body wanted to give out half way there as the water in my shoes were dragging me down, but I soon saw the large bright red letters saying hospital. I forgot all the pain my body was in and sprinted towards the entrance. I was feet away from the doors when my knees gave out on me. My feet stumbled over each other and our bodies were falling forward. I quickly turned to make sure she was on top and squeezed her tightly trying to protect her from impact. My back hit the ground in a pile of water going towards the sewer, knocking the air out of me. I laid there gasping for air as she laid on top of me not a scratch on her from the fall. I didn't care about my pain pushing us up. I got up with her and finished running through the doors. 
  "Help! Help! Something is wrong with her and I don't know! She won't wake up!" I yelled looking around frantically. Doctors came running over to me trying to access the situation as nurses brought a gurney over. They told me to set her down gently so I did as instructed.
 I set her down on the sterile white sheets praying that she will be okay. They started to run towards a door so I quickly followed next to them holding her hand. Until I was stopped by a short nurse, she gave me a sympathetic look. 
  "I'm sorry, but you can't go back there." She told me before running after the rest of them, leaving the doors to close in my face. I stared at the white doors swinging on their hinges wondering what was going on back there until I felt I should move now.
  I walked over to the waiting area filled with black cushioned chairs, a small TV up in a high corner and a bunch of motivational quotes all around. My shirt was now see through and my shoes were sloshing water all around. I figured I would catch a cold but all I was able to do was pace on the black and white tiles waiting for some sort of news, the fluorescent lights flickering every once and awhile above me. 
  "Please, sit." A small voice said behind me. A nurse stood there with her long brown hair up in a high ponytail. Her green eyes showed bags under her eyes, but swimming with energy. She handed me a cup of water and through a blanket around my shoulders before sitting down and patting the cracked chair next to her. I followed her, taking a sip of water. She was watching me for a moment before coughing, then blushing from embarrassment. "Is she your girlfriend?" 
  "It's hard to explain," was all I could say thinking about all that we had to deal with. I remember my kiss with her, how I felt when her and Jimin were holding hands, and how I felt making her cry. My heart lurched at the thought of her tears streaking down her cheeks so often, all because of me. 
  "She will be fine," she patted my back. I looked over at her smiling lightly before my eyes began to water. I wasn't ready to lose her yet. I set my water down on the ground and buried my head into my hands. I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around me and I let go. I sobbed into the strangers arms as she whispered that everything will be fine. 
  "Thank you," I said pulling back, wiping my tears away. I looked over at her and smiled. "I appreciate your kindness, the girl back there means the world to me but I keep hurting her." I said shaking my head and looking upwards. The dots on the ceiling forming pictures, calming my breathing. 
  "If she means so much to you, then make an effort to not hurt her. Don't let her go," the nurse said simply. I looked at her wondering how she could know so much. She was right, I can't let her go that easily, I need to fight for her. 
  "How do you know so much about this?" Letting curiosity get the best of me. She stared at the door for a moment, debating on telling me or not. "I'm sorry, you don't need to answer me if you don't want to. It was rude of me," I stumbled on that sentence as she smiled. 
  "No, it's fine. I lost someone who I loved dearly because I didn't fight for him. I regret that decision the most in my life." She said simply before sighing. "Just don't make the same mistake I did. Live your life and fight for the ones you care about," she stood up and clapped. I watched her for a moment trying to figure out what I should say to something like that. "Well I need to go back to work, if you need anything just come find me." She stated before turning to go back to her job. I watched the back of her body leave with her hair swaying behind her. 
  She was completely right, I can't just let Seren go to Jimin. Or to anyone for that matter. 
 I clutched the blanket closer to me trying to stop the chills going through my body. I sat there watching the kids around me play with the legos near them seeing who could build the largest skyscraper with the colorful blocks. Others were sitting with their parents scared of what was going on, making the nurses turn of cartoons. 
 I watched the tv with the cartoons running freely from all the worries of real life until I felt someone tap my shoulder. A different nurse than before stood there holding Seren's clothes and bag. I looked at her for a moment, finally figuring out that she was nervous. 
  "There is no need to be nervous," I said simply, I stood up and saw that she was only up to my chin. I looked down to see her cheeks turning bright red. "Is that for me?" I said trying to change the subject. 
  "Yes, you came in with her so I figured I should return her stuff to you for now," she said looking up at me and handing me the bag. I had to wrench it from her grasp before she walked away quickly. 
  "Thank you!" I yelled after her. Except she was already gone from my sight. I sat down with her bag in my lap and looked at it for a moment before I slowly opened it. I wanted to make sure that she had everything, and that there wasn't anything that could have caused her to become like this. 
  I opened it to find my jacket on top so I took that out and set it on the chair next to me. Under my jacket were clothes beaten and battered from being worn so often. I guess these are the only clothes she brought from home. There were pictures on the bottom of her family all smiling at her as she tried to hit a piñata. She looked a lot like her mom with her brown hair and brown eyes but her smile was like her dads. She looked so happy in these as I flipped through them. There was another one with her holding her little brother upside down while they were laughing. She had laugh lines next to her eyes from her smile showing so much. I wish I could make her smile like this. I put them back where I found them before I continued to search through her bag.
  I went to one side and found a big manila folder. I pulled it out and found cash along with pictures. I ignored the cash for right now, feeling that I would want to see the photos first. I flipped one by one seeing my face smiling at my sister when she was visiting me. I kept going until I saw Jimin with a girl I didn't know. I'm sure he could explain it, hopefully she didn't see these yet. That would be a huge problem... I flipped the one with me and my sister over and saw simple words that I knew were going to cause no good for her. 
'I hope you keep our deal and leave the boys.'