Replacing a Replacement I

Like They'll Notice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong woke up the next morning feeling like death. He didn't want to get up out of bed, nor did he want to come out of his warm bed cave. He had a couple of reasons for this, though.

First, there was the fact that he pretty much put himself in a position where he wouldn't be near Myungsoo unless necessary, and that hurt just thinking about it.

Second, having a hangover didn't help him at all. It hurt a lot, moreso in the physical sense, and he knew that nausea.

Third...well, he was just comfortable in his own bed but even shifting a little would cause a displeased complaint from his stomach and head collectively.

He heard Sungjae move from his bed to leave the room as quietly as possible, so as to not disturb Sungjong, and he was thankful for that much. When he heard the door close, Sungjong felt his body shudder and relax in response to the chance for alone time--he hadn't even realized he was so tense, and his body felt stiff.

Pushing the covers slightly away from his face, he sighed and realized that the lights were off and the blinds were closed, allowing minimal light into the room. He felt thankful for his twin being thoughtful and to his side, staring at the wall, his mind getting working slowly.

It didn't take long before he felt himself becoming at least a little upset at telling his brother about it and allowing himself to be put off to the side as he was originally supposed to be. He sighed to himself and pulled the covers over his head again, figuring that this was the best course of events--at least he hadn't fallen too much for Myungsoo and the fact that this was happening when it was was before he got too deeply involved with the other. Didn't mean it didn't hurt, though.

He heard the door open and steps shuffle in, and he heard Sungjae's voice after the door was closed, "Hyung...are you up yet?"

Sungjong nodded before pulling the covers away from his head and sitting up, sheets and blankets bunching up at his hips. Resting his hands on his lap, he scooted over as Sungjae moved over and sat on the bed, handing him a mug of tea.

Taking it graciously, Sungjong sighed and took a sip.

He stared at the cup and the steam rising from the liquid and pursed his lips.

"He said he liked you, didn't he?"

Sungjong looked up quickly, momentarily surprised before his gaze dropped again and he nodded. "Yeah."

There was a moment of silence before Sungjong spoke up again, "I'll keep my side of the promise, Sungjae." He looked at his twin and nodded, sighing. "I know that when I spent time with Myungsoo, it probably hurt, right?"

Sungjae nodded, gently chewing on his bottom lip.

"Hyung is sorry. I hope you can forgive me for the pain I caused you." He looked down at the drink in his hands, again surprised when he felt his brother hug him. He set the mug on the sidetable, hugging his brother back. He sniffled and had to remind himself not to cry too much, to avoid making Sungjae feel too badly about liking Myungsoo, but it was hard.

Sungjae hugged him tighter, and Sungjong felt himself breaking down--Sungjae felt it. He struggled to keep his voice steady, "Can..can I have one day?"

Wordlessly, Sungjae nodded. He felt the other's body tremble--heard his voice shaking more than Sungjong probably thought it was--and held him tightly as he felt the other let it out, gripping his shirt and hugging him tightly. He wasn't crying noisily, since he was sure that they both had the same mindset--don't alert Hoya-hyung. Who knew what kind of fresh hell would be unleashed if he knew that Sungjong was hurting?

Neither had honestly seen him more angry than when Sungjong was hurt due to their grandmothers' harmful words against him, and although Hoya had contained himself because she was an elder, but how he took out his anger on a punching bag was terrifying, especially since he wrecked it. They'd done their best since then to keep Hoya happy for the most part, since he had a terrible temper, but Sungjae knew that if he found out that the pain the Sungjong was partially due to another person--let alone himself--Myungsoo would get the worst of it; the frustration and anger directed towards Sungjae would result in minimal damage, whereas the frustration and anger directed towards Myungsoo would be a whole different world and the damage dealt would probably be what he couldn't take out on Sungjae and what he felt against Myungsoo collectively.

So he had locked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter