First Date

Like They'll Notice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is this really okay for me to go out with him on a date? I mean, how would you act?"

Sungjong was freaking out because Myungsoo had just texted him the details of their date, the Friday after they had exchanged numbers. 'Dinner at the BBQ restaurant near the school. Be there at 6 and dress comfortably. Make sure not to eat beforehand.' It made sense, and he didn't have any questions concerning the details.

What he was freaking out about was the fact that he was going on a date. As Sungjae. He felt guilty and bad on so many levels, since his brother was the one who liked Myungsoo, and that Sungjong was the one to go on a date first really made him uncomfortable and guilty. 

Sungjae laughed, "It's fine, hyung. Just keep in mind that I'm an art and literature major, I can't really cook, and that my name is Sungjae, not Sungjong." He smiled then, "I mean, as long as you two don't really do anything too intimate, I can't say that I'll really feel jealous."

"But Sungjae, he kissed my cheek! Kissed it!" Sungjong flopped down on his bed, burying his face in his pillow so as to muffle a groan.

Sure, Sungjae felt jealous that that kiss would have probably been his, but as long as his hyung didn't get too deeply interested in Myungsoo, he would be fine. Kissing was something the he didn't want Sungjong to do with Myungsoo, and he was sure that Sungjong understood at least that much.

"Well, kissing would be a bit too intimate, not gonna lie. So keep physical affection and skinship and stuff to a minimum, okay hyung? I mean, not that I really have to worry about it when it comes to you, but still." Sungjae bit his lip, "And please just ask about him and learn about him--what he likes to do, what he does, and stuff like that!"

Sungjong turned his head and sighed, staring at Sungjae. "This is gonna be hard to pull off, you know? You better pay me back ten times over if I survive tonight, Jae." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 

"Well, since it's already five, let's start getting you ready. He said to dress comfortably, right? So I guess wear what you would but not too differently from what I would. We have different styles, but not too different." Sungjae went over to Sungjong's clothing and looked through the choices, through the different fabrics and pulling out various pieces.

"I know how much you love wearing your tight jeans, but you can afford to wear mine. Plus, there's a lot of comfort in being able to wear slightly looser clothing," he offered his pants to the other and looked his brother up and down, "God, you're so skinny, jongie; dating Myungsoo will do you good if it means he'll make you eat." As much as it stung to say that his brother would be dating his crush, he knew it wasn't completely true, so that reassured him.

"I...guess...? I don't really think that I'm that skinny. I mean, I'm not anorexic, and you and I both know that I eat plenty," he protested, pouting as he stood and stripped, pulling on the clothes, the jeans just barely hugging his hips and even sagging a little. He sighed and reached over to grab a belt, pulling it on and buckling it snuggly.

 He checked himself over in the mirror and shrugged before fixing his hair. "Good enough," he murmured, lightly brushing it.

"I guess that I'm ready. Should I bring my wallet?" he questioned, looking at Sungjae.

Sungjae pursed his lips before nodding, "Just in case, you know?" He smiled, "Do you want me to go with you to the place?" 

Sungjong shook his head, smiling, "I think I'll be fine getting there." He checked the time, seeing it was already around 5:30. "I guess I should get going. I'll tell you what I learn and what happened, alright?" He smiled and grabbed his jacket and pulled on his shoes, hugging his brother in the doorway. "I'll see you in a few hours." He left, waving as he closed the door. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The drive there was nerve-wracking, to say the least. He felt anxious about the date and how h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter