Reconciliation

Like They'll Notice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Avoiding Myungsoo wasn't really hard, considering that anytime Myungsoo would see him, he would either glare or completely disregard his existence. He knew that Myungsoo hated him and probably wouldn't drop the grudge for a long while, but he also knew he deserved it.

His friend had bothered him about it one day after class, when they were eating lunch on the quad. "How come I don't see you and Myungsoo together anymore? Did you guys break up or something?"

Smacking him, he sighed, nodding. "Yeah, that's the case."

"Hey!" he protested, rubbing his arm, "Well, it's been like...a month since you guys have hung out, so I guess I can't really say I'm surprised." He paused, "Have you told Sungjong yet?"

Sungjae made a face at the question, "I haven't told him anything yet, to be honest, and I feel like I should, but...I'm still not--I don't really want to." He looked at his friend, "Do you think I should tell him?"

He pursed his lips as he thought, "Well, I don't see why not. What did Myungsoo say when you guys broke up?"

"Sungyeol-ah~," he whined, before sighing at the look his friend gave him. "He told me to tell Sungjong that he wanted to be with him and if Sungjong wanted to, he could. He pretty much told me to let Sungjong date him without feeling guilty, but I don't wanna." He pouted, crying out indignantly when the taller smacked the back of his head.

"Are you stupid? Why wouldn't you tell Sungjong? What's the point of you even doing that?" He sighed, "You and I both know that Sungjong liked Myungsoo since they did date a little bit! And I take partial blame for letting you follow through with something so dumb, let alone suggesting it. Especially after hearing about all the that happened because of it."

Sungjae sighed, "I didn't tell you a lot about it though."

"I can only imagine though!" Sungyeol stared at his friend before lying back on the grass. "How do you feel about it?"

Pursing his lips, he shook his head, "It hurt at first, but now I just feel...kind of indifferent to it. I still feel upset, which is why I don't want to let Sungjong know, but I think it's my pride taking a hit that keeps me from telling my brother and letting Myungsoo have what he wants." He pouted and crossed his arms, shaking his head again.

"Get over your pride and let your brother have happiness with Myungsoo--don't forget to apologize to them for screwing them both over too!" He smacked Sungjae's lower back for good measure, making a face at him.

Sighing, Sungjae nodded, "Yeah, alright. I'll talk to Sungjong when I get home."

"You better." Sungyeol slapped his back one last time for good measure before sitting up and continuing to eat his food.

"Hey! Quit hitting me!" He protested and whined, but he was grinning anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving home, he saw Sungjong in the kitchen, studying at the island. At least he was mostly back to how he was before everything started; he still had his moments of sadness when he was probably thinking about Myungsoo, but he was mostly alright now. "Hyung~" he called, walking over after taking his shoes off.

Looking up, Sungjong smiled, "Welcome home. How was class?"

"It was alright--boring like usual. How were your finals? You're all done now, right?" He sat beside him and looked over his shoulder at the material.

"Yeah. I had my last final yesterday. Your finals are next week, right?" Sungjae nodded. "Well, I know you're going to do fine--just make sure to know your authors and time periods and the Circle of Fifths by heart."

Sungjae grinned and back-hugged him. "Yeah, yeah. I should know them since you drilled them into my brain."

Lifting his hand, Sungjong squeezed Sungjae's hand affectionately before returning to his book. "Have you read Charles Dickens?" He looked at the other for a moment before continuing to read, "I really like his stories. The exposition is slow, but the story-telling is really good once the introductions and everything is out of the way, you know?"

Sungjae smiled and rested his chin on the other's shoulder, relaxing comfortably.

After an extended moment of silence, Sungjong broke the silence, "How's Myungsoo?" He didn't look up from his book, but he knew that he was only asking out of courteousness. 

"Hyung..." He didn't know how to approach what he wanted to say.

"He's eating well, right?" He looked at Sungjae then, eyes searching his face for confirmation to his questions.

Sungjae pursed his lips before nodding, "Yeah, he looks like he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter