Replacing a Replacement III

Like They'll Notice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae watched as his brother left the house, obviously a little upset, but he couldn't tell if Myungsoo could tell. Sungjong's voice sounded pretty even and his expression was controlled well enough that anyone except Sungjae and Hoya sometimes couldn't tell. It wasn't that Hoya wasn't that close to Sungjong, but there was a sort of twin empathy link where Sungjae was much more in-tune with Sungjong than anyone else.

He saw Myungsoo staring after Sungjong and diverted his attention from the closed front door to the food. "How is it?"

Myungsoo blinked before eating some more, and nodded, smiling a little at Sungjae. "It's good. Did you make it?" 

Sungjae smiled and shook his head, "I only did the prepwork. Hoya-hyung did most of the cooking."

Hoya nodded, satisfied with his work.

"So you and Sungjong are twins? What's he like?" Myungsoo glanced at the front door before looking between the two at the table.

"Well...Sungjongie is sweet and thoughtful--the complete opposite of this bonehead!" Hoya teased, laughing as he heard the indignant cry of protest from Sungjae.

"Not the complete opposite!" He pouted a little, "But he's definitely another kind of person--he doesn't really let it show when he's uncomfortable or troubled, and usually I have to drag it out of him to get a straight answer..."

Hoya stared at Sungjae, eyebrow furrowed, "Has it been like that lately? Has he been feeling upset?" Sungjae shook his head quickly, "Not any more than usual. He told me that school and classes have gotten stressful for him, and you know that he doesn't really meet strangers comfortably if he's stressed."

Myungsoo saw Hoya's concerned expression and decided to ask, "Is it strange if he's stressed?"

Shaking his head, Hoya looked at Myungsoo, "It's not strange, since everyone gets stressed, but...he's not normally the type to get stressed to the point of being outwardly uncomfortable..."

"Or physically upset like earlier," Sungjae finished. He knew that he shouldn't exactly be lying, pretending to not know the real reason why he's stressed, but he couldn't exactly reveal it all. 

"Physically upset?" Hoya looked at him, "Did he throw up?"

Sungjae nodded, "Yeah. Something happened that made him react like that, but I'm not sure what." He looked at Myungsoo then, smiling apologetically, "Sorry for talking about this while you're here."

Myungsoo shook his head, "It's fine." He paused, "That's right--I just realized I haven't given you guys the gifts yet." He got up and moved to the living room, to the bag he brought. Taking out three boxes, he returned to the table and handed one to Hoya, "Those are headphones, since Sungjae told me you needed some," and handed the other box to Sungjae, "And this is a jacket, since yours seems a bit old."

Sungjae paused and nodded slowly, a little unsure of what he was talking about. He'd never mentioned to Myungsoo that Hoya needed a pair, let alone noticed himself. "Thanks, yeobo~" he grinned, looking over at the last box. "What's that?"

Myungsoo looked at the box and then at Sungjae, "Well, you never told me what Sungjong liked, so I just got him some earbuds." He paused and then glanced off to the side, thinking for a moment, "Actually, you never told me anything about Sungjong. You told me about yourself and Hoya, but you never told me about him, and he's your t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter