Replacing a Replacement II

Like They'll Notice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae returned home to find Sungjong sitting on the couch, watching Gag Concert with Hoya on the couch. Sungjae smiled a little when they both looked over, waving at him a little.

"Welcome home. Thanks for going for me," Sungjong smiled, scooting over on the couch so Sungjae could sit between them.

"Yeah, it's not a problem." Sungjae smiled back, before looking at Hoya, "Myungsoo said he wanted to meet you guys."

He glanced at Sungjong and saw a flash of upset in his eyes before he nodded, lips pursed, "Yeah? So when will that be?" He turned to the television, obviously avoiding eye contact for good reason--everyone who knew Sungjong knew that his eyes were his most expressive part, even more so than his facial expressions or body language.

Hoya was looking at Sungjae though, and nodded in agreement to the question asked. "I want you to bring him over for dinner sometime before next Sunday--if it's on Friday, I can get off work early." Hoya nodded at Sungjae.

"I can ask him, but I don't think Friday will really be an issue, since he doesn't work during the weekend, and he told me he gets off early on Fridays," Sungjae nodded, pursing his lips as he organized his thoughts. Taking his phone out of his pocket, he went through his LINE messages and sent a quick message to Myungsoo.

'Hey, is Friday or Saturday better for you?'

'Better for what?'

'Hoya wants you to have dinner with us ^^'

'What about your brother? Isn't he sick?'

Sungjae pursed his lips and thought up an answer, 'I think he'll be better by then; he's not the type to really stay sick for more than a few days.'

'Really? Then I guess Friday should be fine.'

'Alright, I'll tell Hoya then. See you tomorrow~♡'

'Yeah, you too~'

Sungjae smiled to himself and nodded, "He said that Friday would be fine for dinner." Leaning against Sungjong, his smile became a little subdued when he saw Sungjong's more or less lack of energy. He knew that bringing Myungsoo home wouldn't really good for Sungjong, but he knew it would satisfy Hoya's desire to meet his boyfriend.

"Ah, hyung, can Dongwoo come eat dinner too?" Sungjong was looking at Hoya then.

Hoya nodded, "I can ask him--I'm sure he won't mind."

Sungjong nodded before getting up. "I'll get started working on dinner. Is kimchi stew okay?" Sungjae got up as well, following the other after hearing the confirmation from Hoya.

Closing the door, Sungjae looked at his brother, "Are you okay?" He watched Sungjong move about the kitchen, standing by the door.

Sungjong didn't even look his way as he busied himself. "Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Because Myungsoo's gonna be coming over on Friday..." he murmured, "I just wanted to know if you were alright with it--with Myungsoo coming over so soon."

Sungjong sighed and looked at him, his body language and facial features carrying a different message than his eyes altogether. "It'll be fine, Sungjae. After all, I'm not even supposed to know him, Jae. So I guess that I'll just play nice or maybe fake being sick if I can't control myself."

Sungjae frowned and moved to the fridge, grabbing the kimchi, pork, tofu, and other vegetables. "So you're not okay."

"No, not really! What did you expect? I'd get over it in a day or two?" He could tell that Sungjong was getting ready to break down again, until he took a deep breath to calm himself. When he opened his eyes, they looked wet and on the verge of spilling tears.

"I had my time to break down. I'm not going to get over him over the course of a few days, but I don't have much other choice, do I? He makes you happy, right?" Sungjae heard the tremble in his voice, but he didn't seem like he would drop it until the conversation was over. He nodded in response to the question.

"Then I have no right to make you feel like it's your fault for any of this. I agreed to it, so I deserve the consequences, and I accept full responsibility for my actions. Don't let me feel like I've done the wrong thing, okay?" Sungjong was pressing his sleeves against his eyes to soak up the tears that were no doubt flowing.

Sungjae didn't know what to say, but instead he nudged Sungjong in the direction of the island in the middle of the kitchen. He knew that if Sungjong handled a knife now, it might probably end in him getting cut or something similar. "I'll take care of dinner..." he murmured softly, nodding, "Don't let Hoya know you've been feeling like this, okay?"

Both of them knew that what they were going through was ty and completely their own fault, and that Myungsoo definitely didn't deserve this--neither did Hoya--but Sungjae had to only hope that everything would pass.

Chopping the vegetables, he glanced in Sungjong's direction, seeing that he was steadily recovering from his minor breakdown moments before. He told him he would handle dinner and that he should go out and watch television with Hoya, to which Sungjong agreed and went out.

Sighing, he kept preparing the food, his mind focused on the task yet wandering a bit. He liked Myungsoo, and so did Sungjong, but, thinking about it, Sungjong had more right to like him. However, after all that Sungjong has to go through from their date, and just breaking up with him on his side, Sungjae knew that just...not dating Myungsoo carried the consequence of putting everything Sungjong went through in a position where it would be seen as pointless, and he at least wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter