Reharmonization

Like They'll Notice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Checking his phone, Sungjong looked at the time. Almost four, and almost time to meet Myungsoo--really meet him--after around half a year. He knew it would be awkward but he really hoped it wouldn't be as bad. Considering how their phone conversation went, though, he had high hopes it would end well. Now was not the time to be pessimistic, right?

Entering the café, he found an empty table not far from the door and next to the window. He'd sit there after getting his coffee. Moving to the counter, he ordered a latte and paid, saying thank you and waiting off to the side for his drink. Checking his phone, he played yutnori for a bit, looking up when his order was called. "Thanks."

He moved to the table he had mentally claimed and sat, drinking his coffee and feeling nervous. Did Myungsoo know that this was café he was talking about? He felt anxious just waiting for him by himself, because what if he had lied to him about wanting to see him, or--

The door to the café opened and he looked over quickly, seeing Myungsoo enter. He almost immediately calmed down when he saw him. He saw him look around and smile when he caught sight of Sungjong. Waving, Sungjong gestured to the counter, implying he should get something to drink. Nodding, Myungsoo went to do just that. 

Waiting a bit longer, he smiled when Myungsoo finally came to sit at the table, across from Sungjong.

"Were you able to find this place alright?"

Myungsoo nodded, "Yeah--I was running late, so that's why I wasn't here at first." He scratched his head, "Sorry for making you wait."

Sungjong shook his head, taking a sip, "It's fine. I didn't wait too long."

A moment of silence passed, Sungjong trying to come up with something to say.

"You look well."

Sungjong looked up at Myungsoo and flushed lightly, smiling shyly and rubbing the back of his neck, "Ah, thanks. You look like you've been well too."

Myungsoo nodded, his lips.

Sighing, Sungjong closed his eyes before looking at him, "I'm really sorry for everything, ever since the beginning. I know I shouldn't have agreed to going along with Sungjae's plan, because look what happened." He gestured a little with his hand at nothing. "It turned into a mess and you ended up suffering the most. We both lied to you and played with your feelings through our actions--I'm sure you won't forgive us, since you don't have reason to--and I just...all I can really do is apologize and hope that there would be some way that my brother and I could make up for it." He looked down at the table and was really sure he looked like a sad puppy, as Hoya had put it before.

Myungsoo hummed, sitting back and crossing his arms. "Well, it's true that you both played with my feelings, but I kind of understand why you two did what you did. After being apart from Sungjae, I got to thinking about his reasoning, and it makes sense, but it doesn't make it any more okay. I'm sure you know that you're also at fault, for going along with what he asked and lying to my face about who you were, for your brother, but I can't say I'm really as mad at you as I'll be at Sungjae for a while still." Sungjong looked up at him.

"You did what you thought would make Sungjae happiest, even if it meant lying, right?" Sungjong nodded wordlessly, holding his cup between his hands. "You were caring for your brother, which isn't something I can really be mad at. Since I realized what was going on and what role you had in this, I had already forgiven you for a long time, now."

Blinking, Sungjong stared at him, unsure of what to say. "How long ago did you figure it out?"

He could only watch as Myungsoo reach across the table and brush his bangs away from his eyes--they weren't that long, but Sungjong felt like that didn't really matter to Myungsoo--and he felt his heartbeat pick up.

"Well, I knew you weren't Sungjae from the beginning, but I realized what was going on when Sungjae took over and there was a sudden shift in personality." He nodded and pulled his hand back.

"Wait." He paused as he connected the information in his brain, "What do you mean you knew I wasn't Sungjae?"

"I read your email."

Sungjong's brow furrowed as he tried to go back that far in his memory. Email? Wait--that meant he'd known his name from the beginning. He groaned. "Myungsoo-ssi, why didn't you question me when I put Sungjae's name in?" He sighed and covered his face with his hands, feeling incredibly embarrassed.

He felt hands cover his and pull them from his face, only for him to be face to face with Myungsoo. He flushed, the color in his face deepening when the other smirked at his reaction. "Wh-what?" He turned his face, avoiding eye contact at all costs. 

He felt lips on his cheek and froze. 

He turned his head to see a very smug-looking Myungsoo, drinking whatever drink he got--probably americano. "Punishment for using such formal speech with me. You know that you're only allowed to refer to me as hyung, Myungsoo, or Myungsoo-yah. I thought we established this a long time ago?"

Sungjong scrambled for so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter