Crepes and Couples

[Series] Love? Hate!!

Crepes and Couples

 

 

To: Mr. Grumpy Doojoon

From: Yoseoppu

10:00 pm

 

Doojoon!! Let's meet up after class tomorrow okay? We need to do the project

 

 

To: Annoying Bread Boy

From: Doojoon

10:12 pm

 

...Fine. But not too long.

 

 

To: Mr. Grumpy Doojoon

From: Yoseoppu

10:14 pm

 

Yay! Okay so tomorrow okay don't forget ㅋㅋ It's late you should sleep now or you'll be more grumpy tomorrow.

 

 

Doojoon stared at the text with his eyebrows raised. He could practically hear the younger’s voice out of the text.  What's with that 'sleep now' text? Is he his sister or something? And if he was telling him to go to sleep then how come that the younger was not asleep himself? Doojoon rolled his eyes as he sent his message.

 

 

To: Annoying Bread Boy

From: Doojoon

10:19 pm

 

Idiot. Then you should be asleep to right?

 

 

Yoseob blinked, staring at his phone. He was alone in the kitchen, the whole house dark except for the dim lights of where he was in. He was wearing his apron as he stood beside the stove, waiting for the water to boil while he texted the other, his right hand held his phone with the other help onto a wooden spoon.

 

 

'Then you should be alseep too right?'

 

 

Yoseob looked down at the chopped vegetables on the table, sighing deeply.

 

 

To: Mr. Grumpy Doojoon

From: Yoseoppu

10:22 pm

...I'm busy cramming up the homework due tomorrow ㅋㅋㅋ sorry ㅋㅋ

 

 

Yoseob stared at his phone expectantly. But after the water started boiling and after he finished setting up a small dinner for his father who hasn't returned yet and even after he was done preparing the food for tomorrow there was no reply.

 

 

---

 

 

"Doojoon hyung, do you wanna come with me and Gikwangie later after class? We're checking that new restaurant that just opened"

 

 

"..hm.. No thanks Dongwoonie.. I have to meet up with Yoseob after class"

 

 

"Ah... I see"

 

 

Junhyung raised his brow as he stared at the two, confused about the conversation they just had. He kept staring with bewilderment at Doojoon as the older got things from his locker. Doojoon closed his locker, only then feeling the stare of the other. He turned to Junhyung and returned him the same stare the younger was giving him.

 

 

"What's your problem?" Doojoon said.

 

 

Junyung was about to speak up – about to say that it was amazing how he was busy and actually doing something after class and the fact that he was spending it with Yoseob – the guy Doojoon seemed to not like the most. He was about to say how amazing it was that he was changing, it was slow but he was. And it seemed to be all because of one boy that appeared in his life. It was amusing, because of all the people who seemed to have an impact in the older’s life, it was the person whom Doojoon said as ‘no one else could be more annoying than him’. But instead he chuckled, shaking his head.

 

 

"Nothing. You're just amusing, that's all"

 

 

Doojoon glared at him, punching him in the shoulder. "Shut up"

 

 

---

 

 

"The meaning of the story doesn't have to be that good, it just has to be translated to English right." Yoseob said, resting his cheek on his hand as he stared at the notebook on his desk filled with scribbles and notes all over the page.

 

 

"But if we do something like a children's book then it's gonna be stupid" Doojoon replied, frowning.

 

 

They were in the library at the moment, talking about what they were going to write about. Yoseob sat beside Doojoon, pout on his face as no idea whatsoever came to his mind. Or rather – all the ideas he had were just turned down by the older which kind of irritated the younger because that’s all he did. It would be nice if Doojoon could at least give some ideas too but everytime Yoseob urged him to suggest something the older would just shrug, looking back at the younger before claiming that he had nothing to share.

 

 

"Fine. But let's make the setting and the feel of the story open so that it would be easier to add more things. Adventure?"

 

 

"Won't that be more complicated? You'd have to think of practically new places and things and what he does.... Stories that are in normal places like everyday life is easier."

 

 

"Ahh yeah I guess so... But we need to find a main point if we'll write a story about everyday life... It's hard to start and finish stories like that... Maybe love?" Yoseob grinned, laughing before doodling a childish heart on the notebook.

 

 

Doojoon made a face. "No. That's so cheesy. No. Ew"

 

 

Yoseob frowned, drawing a sad face in the heart. "You’re such a kill-joy... It doesn't have to be about couples.. it could be something like family and friends too"

 

 

Doojoon stared at the heart, quiet for a moment. "Friends.... That could somehow work too.. It's easy and can mean many things so we can add things here and there so it could be good"

 

 

"Wah.. That sounds like a great idea though... so will that be our topic? We could just work our way up from there.. At least we got a general point on where to start."

 

 

Doojoon nodded. "Yeah... but it might be boring.."

 

 

"Everything to you is boring" Doojoon glared at him.

 

 

Yoseob smiled to himself. He was happy. Happy because finally Doojoon was talking to him, that they we're finally having a normal conversation we're there wasn't any annoying glares or harsh remarks made or blunt accusations and light arguments. He didn't know if Doojoon thought the same, but for him he thought of this as a step forward, a stepping stone to a new level with his friendship with the other.

 

 

A long silence prevailed after that, both of them finding nothing else to respond. Yoseob puffed his cheeks, looking down, finding the silence a little bit awkward and a little bit uncomfortable when a thought suddenly flashed across his mind.

 

 

Yoseob stood up, making the other turn his head to him. "I'm hungry" Yoseob announced, looking at Doojoon expectantly. Doojoon raised a brow, staring back with a blank face. "So?"

 

 

"I'm hungry" the younger repeated. "And i'm sure you are too Mr. Grumpy. You just don't wanna say it." Yoseob tugged on the sleeve of Doojoon’s shirt.

 

 

Doojoon made a face. "Stop calling me that, it's annoying" He brushed off the other’s hand, but he stood up anyway.

 

 

Yoseob laughed. "I will if you stop calling me annoying.. which is not going to happen. Let's go!"

 

 

---

 

 

The two walked in the busy streets, night breeze flowing in as they walked side by side. The sky was dark and was illuminated by the soft yellow lights from the street posts, somehow making them feel warmer too. The cold season was slowly creeping in and the nights were starting to feel a little more chillier and colder than usual.

 

 

"It's yummy" Yoseob said as he bit his crepe – a chocolate hazelnut with slices of banana, holding it firmly with two hands. Doojoon looked away, nibbling on his crepe – strawberry cream – slowly as well, one hand in his pocket in an attempt to keep it warm.

 

 

Doojoon shrugged. "It's okay I guess" he replied flatly, making Yoseob frown.

 

 

"'It's okay I guess'" Yoseob repeated, mocking the older, causing Doojoon to send him a death glare. "Don't you have anything you like?"

 

 

"Of course I do!" Doojoon defended, narrowing his eyes at the other.

 

 

"Oh? What?"

 

 

Doojoon replied flatly, "I won't tell you"

 

 

"See?" Yoseob pointed accusingly at him, stopping in his tracks. "I told you. You can't think of anything"

 

 

Doojoon stopped as well. "Yah. Just because I won't tell you doesn't mean I don't like anything. I just don't want you to know."

 

 

Yoseob pouted at him angrily. "You sound like a whiny kid."

 

 

Doojoon glared back. "And you sound like a bossy mom."

 

 

“Tell me the food you like. I might even make it for you.”

 

 

“Psh.. what are you? My personal chef or something?”

 

 

Yoseob was about to reply went a round of giggles was heard nearby, making him stop. They both looked at the source of the giggles and found a bunch of high school girls near them.

 

 

"Wah... look at those two boys over there... The way they were arguing was so cute!"

 

 

"I know right? It's cute! Do you think they're a couple?" The sentence was followed by another round of high pitched giggles.

 

 

"Yah Look! Look! They're looking at us! They're cute!"

 

 

"Yeah but they look cuter as a couple"

 

 

More giggles were heard and Yoseob's eyes widened, face turning red as he looked away quickly. Beside him though Doojoon took a step forward towards the girls.

 

 

"Excuse me"

 

 

The giggles stopped abruptly and Yoseob looked up.

 

 

Doojoon stood tall as he sent death glares to the girls, looking down on them and if Yoseob were to add appropriate effects it would be fire in the eyes of the older as well as his surroundings.

 

 

"You seem to be mistaken" Doojoon's tone was harsh as he smiled, making the girls shrink back.

 

 

He suddenly pointed at Yoseob. "This would be the last person in the world that I would have a relationship with. So

We. Are. Not. Together"

 

 

"S-Sorry" one of the girls stuttered out before she pushed her friends beside her, making them run away, stumbling here and there.

 

 

"That guy's scary"

 

 

"He's so creepy"

 

 

Once the girls were out of view Doojoon sighed in annoyance, looking away. Yoseob blinked, eyes filled with confusion at what just happened. He took a step carefully towards Doojoon. "E-eh... Weren't you a little too mean to those girls?"

 

 

Doojoon turned his head to look behind him at Yoseob. "What?" He raised his brows, slightly confused. "I think I was okay" He tried to be nicer than usual too.

 

 

"A-ah.... I see" Yoseob face-palmed in his mind before smiling inwardly as well. Someone has to help this guy.

 

 

"Oh. What time is it?" Doojoon suddenly asked, taking a bite out of the crepe before looking at his watch. It was almost 6 pm. It's getting late and he has to get home or else he'll receive a sermon from his sister.

 

 

"I have to go home" he said, turning around. Behind him Yoseob's eyes widened, his hold on his own crepe suddenly tightening. He looked down at the ground.

 

 

Not yet...

 

Not today

 

 

Doojoon started walking away."See yo–"

 

 

"Wait!"

 

 

Doojoon's eyes widened as he felt two hands grab his wrist.

 

 

Suddenly everything went quiet.

 

 

Yoseob looked down, gripping Doojoon's wrist tighter. "Wait... Please"

 

 

On the ground was a half-eaten banana hazelnut crepe, forgotten.

 

 

"Don't go... Don't go home... Not yet"

 

 

Yoseob's hands were trembling, but he can't let go. "Stay a little longer. Please!"

 

 

I don't...

 

 

Doojoon was taken aback for a while before he regained his composure, tugging on his arm to make the other let go. "Yah. What are you doing?! Let go."

 

 

But Yoseob didn't move, instead gripping on the other even more. "I can't... Please... Don't go yet..."

 

 

I don't want to go back home

 

 

Doojoon gritted his teeth. "Let..."

 

 

He pulled his arm out of Yoseob's grip harshly. "...go!!" Yoseob's eyes widened, stumbling backwards.

 

 

Doojoon opened his mouth to say something, but he didn't. He walked away, leaving Yoseob standing alone in the cold night.

 

 

When he was alone the night suddenly felt darker and the breeze felt colder and harsher. The noise from the streets seemed to be gone, as if mocking that he was all alone.

 

 

Yoseob balled his hands into fists, looking down. Unconciously he gripped at the sleeves of his sweater, pulling them down to cover his hands. It was a habit of his.

 

 

He was alone. He was always alone. He made his way to his house, fingers trembling as he opened the door–

 

 

---

 

 

 

Yoseob didn't come to school the next day. 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: IM SO SORRYY FOR THE LATE UPDATE //SOBS school is being a as usual and I cant find the time to update. Well I guess its my fault for signing myself up to lots of organizing committees and groups so I've been sleep deprived ;;

Sorry for the shortness of the chapter T_T The next one is very long tho so Im thinking of spliting it into two =3=

Anyway I hope you like this <3  Comments are loved, Subsriptions even more <3