Number

[Series] Love? Hate!!

Number

 

 

Beep beep beep beep beep beep

 

 

Yoseob groaned as the alarm clock continuously screamed at him, telling him to wake up and get out of bed. He buried his head in his pillow, trying to cancel out the noise.

 

 

"Shut up" Yoseob mumbled, arm stretching out sloppily to slam the snooze button on the alarm clock. Silence followed after and Yoseob sighed in content, closing his eyes to sleep once more.

 

 

...

...

...

 

 

Damn it. He couldn't sleep anymore.

 

 

He sat up with a pout on his face, messy bed hair covering his eyes. He raised his arm to scratch the back of his head when he felt a sharp pain emerge on his arm. He winced in pain, quickly lowering his arm. His arm felt sore today, probably because he stayed up so late last night, even more lately than the usual time he stayed awake. He stayed quiet, his hand massaging his sore arm. He stayed quiet, listening to the sounds coming from outside. There were no sounds coming from outside.

 

 

"Still asleep" he whispered to himself, closing his eyes for a while before opening them again. He shifted his legs to the side so that it dangled on the edge of the bed.

 

 

"What time is it...?" He checked the clock.

 

 

8:45 am

 

 

He stared at the clock with a blank face, mind still processing the image in front of him.

 

 

His eyes widened. "Oh no Im late!!!"

 

 

Quickly he got out of bed, running to the bathroom and grabbing some clothes. He changed in record time as he grabbed his jacket, running – quietly because his dad was still sleeping – out the house and to the school.

 

 

---

 

 

"You're late"

 

 

"S-sorry...." Yoseob bit his lip, looking down. They we're in the entrance of their school library and right now Doojoon is burning holes into Yoseob while the other can't do anything else but stand there with his head lowered guiltily.

 

 

"Ahhh seriously!!" Doojoon exclaimed in frustration, running a hand through his hair. "To be late for 10 minutes is one thing... But to make me wait here for almost an hour?! Yahhh seriously... What the hell?"

 

 

"That's because I –" Yoseob opened his mouth to defend himself when suddenly he cut himself short.

 

 

"... I..." he repeated softly, looking away as his hand went to rub his sore arm.

 

 

"I... I guess I'll have to work alone now...?" Yoseob looked up at Doojoon, a slight pout forming in his lips – and Doojoon scowled because what the hell why is he looking at him like that?

 

 

You're too harsh on the poor guy.

 

 

Doojoon's eyes widened for a second, remembering what Junhyung told him yesterday.

 

 

He was silent for a while before he sighed in annoyance. "Fine. Just this once" he glared at Yoseob. "Next time you're late and you will be working alone, got it?"

 

 

"Y..yeah" Yoseob blinked in confusion, taking a moment to finally understand the situation.

 

 

"Yah! Hurry up! What are you doing just standing around there?"

 

 

"Ah.. Coming!!"

 

 

And Yoseob smiled the first time that day.

 

 

---

 

 

"This is all boring" Yoseob pouted as he closed the book in front of him and moved it to the side along with several other books. They had been in the library for about two hours already – two hours filled with silence – and Doojoon's instructions were 'to find a nice topic from a book here then maybe we can start from there' but so far the only stories Yoseob found we're the incredibly boring ones. "It's been more than an hour but we don't have anything yet... Even a topic or whatever" he stretched his arms on the table, laying his head between them as he gave out a tired yawn.

 

 

From across the table Doojoon looked up from the book he was scanning and glared. "Lower your standards and try looking for more. Nothing's really going to happen if you just laze around like that." He looked back down before he frowned, closing the book and moving it aside as well.

 

 

Yoseob looked up, chin resting on the table. "But you haven't found anything nice either, right Mr. Grumpy?"

 

 

Doojoon's brow twitched. "Shut up and just keep reading" he said as he grabbed another book beside him. Yoseob's pout grew, taking another book beside him as well. He looked at the cover and sighed. "You know this isn't going to get us anywhere. If we want to find a topic we need to... you know 'talk to each other'"

 

 

"I don't like talking to you"

 

 

Yoseob whined, he knew that was the answer the other was going to give. "Then you just have to deal with that yourself" he stood up, making his way around the table until he way behind the older. He grabbed the book the other was reading. "Yah!" Doojoon twisted around in his seat and glared at the other. "What's your problem?!"

 

 

Yoseob ignored the harsh remark of the other, instead he moved the pile of books aside and smiled at Doojoon. "We've been searching for so long and we haven't done a thing. I think what we need to write a story isn't just boring old research" Yoseob pulled out a chair from beside Doojoon and sat down – Doojoon made a face and shifted his chair away from the other. Yoseob rested his cheek on his chin, smiling at Doojoon. "So, what would you like to write about?"

 

 

Doojoon looked away. "Annoying." He muttered.

 

 

Yoseob clicked his tongue, pouting. "You're the one being annoying here!! I don't care of you wanna talk to me or not, this is a project you know!" He whined.

 

 But to be honest he did care, and seeing all that gloominess in Doojoon made him want to step up and bring light to the other's 'dark' world.

 

 

Because he knew that feeling all too well already.

 

 

He leaned towards Doojoon, trying to face him as he kept talking. "So? What would it be? Fantasy? Horror maybe? Ohh maybe mystery~ or... Love?" Yoseob giggled at the last part – Doojoon rolled his eyes at the childish sound – and wiggled his brows up and down – even though the other couldn't see it.

 

 

"Anything. I don't care. I don't care about any of those."

 

 

It was silent after that. Yoseob stared at the back of the other's head in confusion, slight frown in place.

 

 

Yoseob suddenly sat upright, fingers on chin as he started thinking.

 

 

We can't write a story like this!!

 

 

He balled his hands into fists, determined expression on his face.

 

 

He looked at the other, smile on his face. He stood up, causing Doojoon to look at him, turning his head.

 

 

"Ah... Bye" Doojoon said flatly, automatically assuming that the younger leaving. Good for him, too. He wouldn't feel that irritated anymore. He could go home, and just stay in his bedroom the whole day, lazing around and doing nothing.

 

 

But, alas, that wasn't what happened.

 

 

Yoseob suddenly grabbed his wrist, pulling him until he stood up. "Yah. What the hell?!" He said as Yoseob started dragging him out the library – not really dragging because he was far stronger than the younger, but Yoseob was just gripping on his wrist so tightly and he might end up injuring Yoseob's wrist if he ever not let himself be dragged along.

 

 

"Yah. Bread boy. Where the hell are you going?" Yoseob looked at him from the front, grinning.

 

 

"We've done your part already, and that's sitting in a chair for hours reading boring books. But now it's my turn, and we're gonna have a little trip!"  Doojoon glared holes into the other as he kept talking. What–?!

 

 

"...We're gonna find you what every writer needs to write – inspiration!! Let's go!!"

 

 

---

 

 

The moment they stepped out of the school grounds, Yoseob grabbed him and dragged him to here and there – tiny little shops, parks, restaurants, and basically everywhere else.

 

 

It was already noon and Doojoon was dying – in the inside and out.

 

 

Outside because they have been walking for hours and so far all he did was walk and walk and complain (“I’m tired” “You don’t get enough exercise! This is good!”) and walk and not have fun and it was exhausting. His feet hurt because he hated walking – as much as the usual – and the only time he walked was to go to school, but that doesn't take long but this one was long and useless and tiring.

 

 

But he could still take it, he would rather have this than have a annoying blabbering boy beside him dragging him to different places and asking him different questions and telling him different stories and it was more exhausting than walking because he felt so irritated right now – which was the reason for him dying in the inside.

 

 

"Didn't you find anything you like yet?"

 

 

Doojoon was now currently leaning against a street post with a scowl on his face. "What are you talking about?"

 

 

"Anything to write about!!" Yoseob pouted, looking at Doojoon. "That's the whole reason we walked around the city!”

 

 

"I already told you, anything is fine" the older retorted, his quick temper boiling up in him again. "Just choose any stupid topic so we can start already” Yoseob sighed, frowning at him before looking around. He suddenly pointed somewhere behind him, "Look" Doojoon's eyes followed Yoseob's finger, seeing two kids playing together on a sandbox, laughing together as they made tiny sand castles with little rocks as flags. Suddenly the girl's castle crumbled and fell down, making her swell in tears before bursting into tears. The little boy beside her panicked, before he hugged her and made her a new one, wiping her tears and showing her the one he made. "And?" He replied flatly, face full of boredom. "It’s cute right? Doesn't that make you feel happy? Like you wanna write that moment... And just.. I dunno.. Write something you can share to the world?" Yoseob smiled softly at the pair, before Doojoon suddenly answered with an abrupt –

 

 

"No"

 

 

Yoseob made a face. "Your'e hopeless." Doojoon ignored the other and stood straight, stretching a bit."Are we done now? Because of you I'm exhausted and I wanna go home already because it's getting late"

 

 

"Eh? Sure..." Yoseob answered absent mindedly, before his eyes suddenly widened. "Wait!" He exclaimed, chasing the older whose back was already turned against him. "What?" Doojoon didn't stop walking, keeping his face facing the other. Yoseob pouted, speeding up to go in front of Doojoon to block him. Doojoon glared at him but he ignored it – instead he held his hand out to Doojoon.

 

 

Doojoon stared at the younger's hand, then back at his face. "What?" He repeated, a little more irritated now. "Give me your number" he said firmly, shaking his outstretched hand. The older man frowned, "What? No. What the hell?" Yoseob made a noise – a sort of frustrated yet annoying sound to Doojoon. "It's for the project. How are we supposed to do the project if we can't communicate?"

 

 

"We can just meet up" Doojoon murmured, starting to walk again when Yoseob stopped him – again. This time Yoseob had a smile on his face. "I know you, Mr. Grumpy. And I know that you don't like me much, so I know that you'd rather have to just send me a message than go out your house and meet up with me just to say the exact thing." Yoseob starred at Doojoon with his eyes narrowed slightly, lips forming an amused smirk. Doojoon didn't reply, as he stared back the younger with a glare. The staring contest went on for quite a while, the two not breaking contact until Doojoon sighed in frustration and defeat – but mostly frustration. "Fine!" He fished his phone out of his phone, placing it on Yoseob's hand. Yoseob grinned, staring at the older's screen as he started dialing his number on the phone.

 

 

"If you text me anything unrelated to this stupid project, I will block you" Yoseob nodded, "Sure" he gave the phone back to Doojoon and brought out his own. He checked it and saw one new message. "I sent a message to my phone so that I can have your number too. Now we have each other's numbers" he grinned, proudly showing his phone screen to Doojoon, making him cringe at what was on it.

 

 

To: Yoseoppu

From: Mr. grumpy Doojoon

 

It's Mr. Grumpy's number :D

 

 

Doojoon’s brow twitched as he looked at the childish text. He swatted Yoseob's hand away from his face. "Yeah fine" he muttered, shoving his phone back in his pocket and going past Yoseob to walk home. "I'm going home now." Yoseob's eyes followed Doojoon before, tilting his head and grinning. "Ok! Bye Doojoon!" Doojoon didn't respond, and Yoseob watched as the figure started getting smaller before he looked down. "Home huh.." He said to himself, before puffing his cheeks and laughing to himself.

He made his way back to his house, already looking forward to the next meet up with Doojoon.

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the late upload T_T school is a pain since Im in my graduating year and I have a ton of work to do... like I'm this props and stage design head for this school play and Im also doing designs for our prom so it's a pain since I get home late everyday haha.

It's kinda a long chapter now :DD I wanted to split it sine it's longer than my usual chapters but meh... nvm lol. All the mistakes are mine, and Im sorry too for the mistakes/misspellins/wrong grammar

Enjoy <3

GUYS! IT SEEMS THAT AFF DOESN'T LIKE ME BECAUSE I REALLY CANNOT REPLY TO ANY MESSAGES OR ANYTHING! LIKE SERIOUSLY I KEEP TRYING TO PRESS REPLY BUT NOTHING HAPPENS AND I CAN'T REPLY TO ANY MESSAGES AND COMMENTS TT_____TT IM SORRY I HOPE THIS IS FIXED SOON