Worries

[Series] Love? Hate!!

Worries

 

 

"Yah Yoseobah you should have never helped me in the market" Doojoon groaned. Yoseob was lying down on the grass went he bolted up into a sitting position, looking at Doojoon with shocked and confused eyes. "What?? Why?"

 

 

They we're both in the small cafe Yoseob brought him to before, and when they we're supposed to be working on the English project, but right now they both decided to take a break and head to the small garden behind – what Yoseob called his sanctuary.

 

 

Doojoon was sitting beside him, legs crossed on the ground as he played with some flowers. The older shrugged, glaring slightly at the flowers. "My noona says I did a great job in finding the 'right quality' and that she thought I would do a really bad job at picking the right food. She said that since I seem to have a good sense she can rely on me more for doing these errands and... Aish!" Doojoon fell back onto the grass, arms covering his eyes as he grumbled and groaned in frustration.

 

 

Yoseob stared at him with an amused smile before going back to lying down again beside the other. "Then why didn't you tell your noona that someone helped you?"

 

 

"I did" Doojoon said with a bitter tone, not moving as he continued to let out his frustrations.

 

 

Yoseob laughed, "Then why are you so worked up? If your sister knows then she wouldn't ask you to go again because she knows that–"

 

 

"It's not that" Doojoon muttered under his breath, remembering the conversation he had with his sister yesterday.

 

 

"Oh~ these are nice Doojoonie! Good Job~" Doori said, smiling as she took out the things Doojoon had bought and placed them in their the kitchen. Doojoon sat on the dining room, cheek resting on his palm as he watched his sister with a bored look on his face.

 

 

"Seriously.. I thought you bring me just whatever you could find but.." Doori shook her head, smile growing on her face. "I'm impressed~ Maybe I can count on you to do this again next time"

 

 

Doojoon's eyes widened, finally interpreting what Doori was saying. "Yah noona what are you saying? I can't do that... A friend helped me buy all those.. So you can't count on me"

 

 

Doori's ears perked up at the word 'friend', head snapping up to look at her brother. She stopped whatever she was doing and looked at Doojoon with wide and slightly anticipating eyes. "Friend? A friend helped you? Boy? Girl? Since that friend is good at shopping then maybe that friend is a girl? Doojoonah?"

 

 

Doojoon made a face, glaring at his sister in disbelief. "Yah noona!!" He exclaimed a little too loudly. "There you go again! You always act like this every time I mention my friends. Aish! And It's a boy. A boy! Aigoo..." Doori sighed in disappointment, and Doojoon didn't know whether it was because of his disrespectful tone or the other issue at hand.

 

 

Doojoon looked away as Doori went over to sit across him on the table. "Doojoonah" she started softly, it was soft and gentle yet it hard a solid tone to it that made whoever was on the other end listen... It was her tone whenever she was serious.

 

 

"I know I've said this before... But don't you think it's time that you get into a relationship?"

 

 

Doojoon groaned, not making any effort to hide it. "I know. I know. You've said plenty of times before I know. And as plenty times that you said that again I am going to reply No. I don't need one" Doojoon leaned back on his seat, looking anywhere but at the girl in front of him.

 

 

Doori sighed, frowning. "Think about it. Having a girlfriend can help you in lots of ways you know. You can't cook, what if I'm not home? She can come and make you food. If you're feeling down, you have someone to confide in. " Doori lowered her voice, sincerity evident in her tone. "I can tell you know. You feel lonely with only me and aldkfnsk around. What I'm saying is for you Doojoonah... Don't you want to have the feeling that someone is there for you?"

 

 

Doojoon was silent for a while, and honestly for the first time he was mulling over it, thoughts repeating the words of his sister.

 

 

When he finally did talk he looked back at his sister, face blank. "Forget it. I'm not going into any relationship"

 

 

Doori glared at him. "Aish this kid!! At this rate I might just set up something for you"

 

 

 

"Doojoonah"

 

 

"Doojoonah"

 

 

"Yah Grumpy Ahjussi"

 

 

Doojoon blinked, finally coming back to his senses. He looked beside him and his eyes widened as he saw Yoseob lying down on his side beside him, looking straight at him with no expression whatsoever, bangs falling slightly over his eyes.

 

 

"Yah– what are you doing??" Doojoon said, making a face as he shifted away from the younger. Yoseob's mouth slowly curved up to a smile, eyes crinkling with delight. "Finally. You went all blank for a minute there. I was wondering if you'd fallen asleep with your eyes open" Yoseob chuckled, expecting a glare or even maybe a snide remark from Doojoon. But when everything stayed silent and no reply came, Yoseob's laugh faded, his amused expression morphing into one of concern because Doojoon was never the kind that would stay quiet whenever he would make a joke or a comment or a tease. He looked at Doojoon and immediately noticed the faraway look in his eyes.

 

 

"Doojoonah" Yoseob started, waiting until the older snapped back to reality and looked at him before he continued. "Is something wrong?"

 

 

Doojoon was silent for a while, contemplating on what should he respond and how should he respond. He opened his mouth, about to say something when he paused, closing it again and sighing, closing his eyes. "Nothing. I'm sleepy that's all"

 

 

To be honest, what he did say was actually true, even if it was only a cover up for the real reason he felt so bothered. He was tired and he needed a good sleep.

 

 

Yoseob smiled, not at Doojoon but to himself. He smiled softly and shook his head because Doojoon was an open book and it was obvious that something was wrong, the way Doojoon hesitated before answering. But Yoseob chose not to push it – it would only make Doojoon feel uncomfortable and strain the fragile friendship they have – so instead he turned to lean on his back, fishing his phone out of his pocket.

 

 

"It's still early. You can take a nap here if you want. Gina noona's okay with that." He said, shoving his phone back in his pocket after checking the time.

 

 

"What? So you're telling me to fall asleep and leave myself unguarded in this open space?" Doojoon rolled his eyes, turning to the side to face away from Yoseob.

 

 

"No. I'm not. I'll stay with you"

 

 

Doojoon's eyes widened for a second, although this was left unseen for the younger. If Doojoon hadn't had his back facing Yoseob he would have seen the innocent grin on the younger's face.

 

 

"No thank you. As tempting as it sounds, I do not like having someone watch me when I sleep" Yoseob laughed behind him, not affected at all by the sarcastic tone of the other. The younger shifted, and Doojoon could feel Yoseob move closer to him. Doojoon tried to ignore the other but already he could feel himself stifling a yawn, eyes threatening to close.

 

 

"Sorry~ but I'm staying. Get some rest"

 

 

"No. What are–"

 

 

"Sleep Doojoonah"

 

 

That was the last thing Doojoon remembered before his eyes slowly shut, a comfortable kind of darkness surrounding him.

 

 

---

 

 

Doojoon groaned, stirring awake from his sleep. He didn't bother opening his eyes, instead he shifted a bit in hopes of finding a more comfortable position. 

Yah... Why is my bed so hard??

 

 

Irritated, Doojoon turned flat on his back against the ground, when suddenly his arms and back felt tiny little stabs of slightly hard but ticklish strands that almost felt like –

 

 

Grass?

 

 

Doojoon's eyes snapped open, and the first thing he saw was the darkening sky, which made him even more confused than he already was when he woke up. He botled upright to a sitting position, scanning his surroundings quickly when it hit him–

 

 

Ah... That's right. I took a nap here.

 

 

Doojoon closed his eyes in frustration, frustration at himself for being so stupid as to forget where he fell asleep in the first place. He opened his eyes, rolling his eyes at himself. He was about to stand up when he then remembered something else.

 

 

"I'll stay with you"

 

 

Doojoon's head turned to look beside him and sure enough there was Yoseob, lying down beside him, fast asleep as he was just a moment ago. He had one of his hands tucked between his thighs to act as a make shift pillow and his other hand rested beneath his head, acting as yet another make shift pillow. The younger's child-like position had Doojoon raising his brow up in amusement, lips forming a slight smirk. Yoseob heaved a deep sigh, eyes crinkling tightly for a second before he relaxed once more, going back to his steady breathing as he slept. Doojoon shook his head, smile not leaving his lips. "And you said I was the one who needed rest. Look who's sleeping now"

 

 

It was silent for a moment as Doojoon contemplated on whether he should get up and start fixing his stuff up inside or stay until the younger woke up. His normal, cold, mean mind told him to just leave the guy alone – he can take care of himself – but then somewhere a voice at the back of his mind told him to stay with the younger.

 

 

So that's what he did.

 

 

Doojoon sighed, lying back down on the grass, turning to his side to face the other.

 

 

Normally, Yoseob was always busy blabbering his mouth away, but now that he was asleep, it was as if Doojoon saw another side of the younger. He watched as Yoseob's chest rose up and down steadily, signaling that he was fast asleep. He lay there unmoving, watching Yoseob. Nothing was entering his mind at the moment, and he didn't know why but watching the other sleep so peacefully... It made him feel at ease as well.

 

 

"You're eye lashes are long... It's like a girl's"

 

 

Doojoon said softly to himself as he started at the other's eyes. His sight moved to Yoseob's bangs, which brushed just slightly over his eyes. He froze as Yoseob stirred in his sleep, brows knotting as Yoseob groaned slightly, only to calm down once more after snuggling more into his hand under his head. Doojoon scoffed, smiling a bit. "Yah this kid..."

 

 

Unconsciously he reached his hand out, hand going closer to move Yoseob's bangs out of his eyes–

 

 

"Oh– you guys are still here?"

 

 

Doojoon's eyes widened for a split second, pulling his hand back just before the door behind them opened. Gina poked her head out, "It's getting late you know... You guys should get going"

 

 

Doojoon blinked, sitting up to look up at the sky – the sun was already starting to set – then back at Gina. "It's already this late?!"

 

 

"Yeah. You guys slept way too long. Go on and go home already. I'll take care of Yoseobie"

 

 

Doojoon nodded, looking at the said boy beside him. He bit his lip, a thought crossing his mind before he looked back at Gina and shook his head, smiling politely. "It's okay. I'll stay with him until he wakes up"

 

 

Gina raised her brow, a small smile playing on her lips. "You sure?"

 

 

Doojoon took a moment to answer. "Yeah"

 

 

"Alright then. Tell me if you guys need anything"

 

 

Once the door closed once more with a click, Doojoon gave out a deep breath, leaning back to stare up at the sky. He actually wanted to stay. It was peaceful... This kind of silence he was feeling. Plus, he didn't want to go home just yet, because then he'd have to face his sister again with their discussion yesterday.

 

 

"At this rate I might just set up something for you"

 

 

Doojoon sighed, closing his eyes, pushing the problem out of his mind with the comforting silence around him. He turned to look at the sleeping boy beside him once more.

 

 

"Aish... It's because you showed up yesterday that my noona thinks that I should get into a relationship."

 

 

"Really? How so?"

 

 

Doojoon froze as Yoseob's eyes fluttered open, smiling softly at him. "Good morning Doojoonah... or rather good evening"

 

 

Doojoon tensed up a bit, but still he tried to keep his face blank as he stared bak at the other. Yoseob chuckled softly, one hand going up to rub the sleepiness away from his eyes and honestly to Doojoon that simple gesture made him look like a child. 

 

 

"Since when were you awake?"

 

 

"Hmm? Just now" Yoseob spoke slowly as drowsiness still did not leave him. Doojoon sighed inwardly in relief, glad that the other was not awake to hear his conversation with Gina... or more importantly the things he said before that.

 

 

"Anyway... What was that you said about relationships?"

 

 

Doojoon's eyes widened, face flushing with embarrassment. He turned his head away from Yoseob, hiding his slightly red face. "Nothing"

 

 

"Eeyy... What nothing? I clearly heard you say 'it's because of you my noona thinks I should be in a relationship'" Yoseob retorted, imitating Doojoon's voice. Doojoon kept his gaze away from the other, mentally blaming himself for having to say things aloud when he was thinking.

 

 

When Doojoon didn't respond Yoseob pouted, stretching his arm out to poke at the older. "Tell me. Please?"

 

 

Doojoon sighed, finally giving in. "My noona... she's been telling me to get into a relationship a little while after I started living with her. I've always shrugged it off, until yesterday when I mentioned that a friend – that's you – was with me that she started pushing the idea again" Yoseob nodded, listening intently. At the back of his kind he noted how Doojoon said that he 'lived with sister', which meant he probably isn't with his parents. He wanted to ask about that, but decided not to.

 

 

Doojoon shook his head, finally turning his head to Yoseob. He looked down, waving his hand dismissively. "No, nevermind. Saying it out loud... It's a stupid thing to be worked up about right? I'm reacting way too much on something so small"

 

 

"Well... If your worked up about it, doesn't it mean that it isn't a small thing? I mean... you can't criticize a person on how they feel about certain things, it's who they are."

 

 

Doojoon's eyes widened, looking at Yoseob. Yoseob smiled at him, he looked so carefree and innocent that it was hard to believe that it was him that had said those words that he just heard. So – as usual – he said the first thing that came to his mind.

 

 

"Those were some smart words for someone like you"

 

 

Yoseob pouted, sitting up and grabbing a handful of grass beside him. He threw them at Doojoon, the little green flakes scattering all over his hair and clothes.

 

 

"You're so mean!" Yoseob said, glaring at Doojoon with a pout on.

 

 

"Yah Yang Yoseob!!" Doojoon exclaimed, also grabbing some leaves beside him and throwing it at the other.

 

 

The night continued like that – the two of them throwing whatever they could get a hold of at each other, with Yoseob laughing and Doojoon glaring back with occasional amused smiles on the side and soon enough Doojoon already forgot about his worries.

 

 

 

----------------

A/N:  Hello!! Here's the next update~ didn't get to proof read this because Im not feeling that well x____x but anyway here's more Dooseob for you! ^__^

My chapters are getting so loooooooonnnnngggg nowadays OTL If you compare it to the old ones these are realllly long and the beginning chapters are really shoortt.. and idk what to feel about that.. I hope you guys like the long chapters and dont feel thats its too long and draggy ; u ;

Anyways Hope you like it <3 Subsribes, Updates and Comments are love love loved <3