Forget

[Series] Love? Hate!!

Forget

 

 

A laugh resounded in the air and Doojoon could not stop staring at the source of the laugh. It had been 2 days since the day when he took Yoseob to the clinic and since then he was having really big issues with concentration. Really... Really big and really odd issues because every time he let his guard down the memory of Yoseob in his arms resurfaced into his mind. The feeling of Yoseob against him would always pop into his mind unannounced, and no matter how much he tried pushing it away, he can't deny how he wanted to feel that warmth and softness again.

 

 

He wanted to feel it again to the point that he was so confused and he was going crazy over the fact that he can't deny it.

 

 

Right now Doojoon had his head buried in his arms, pretending to be asleep but in reality he was casting occasional glances at the boy beside him, tilting his head sideways and peeking above his arms every now and then. His gaze was blank as he stared at Yoseob who was busy talking with another classmate.

 

 

Please forget about what happened earlier. I'm sorry.

 

 

Doojoon groaned, burying his head in his arms once more. How can he just forget about that? Everything that happened that day, everything he said...

 

 

"...most if the time I wished I was someone else"

 

 

It was hard to forget. It was hard to unsee those eyes filled with longing and pain. It was hard to unhear that hushed, shaking tone and it was hard to forget Yoseob's weight on his shoulder. And somewhere in the back of his mind, it was saying that no, it isn't hard.. He just did not want to. Another laugh was heard from the boy beside him and Doojoon wondered if Yoseob had forgotten it already. He wondered if it was easy for Yoseob to erase that day from his mind and begin a new day as if it never happened.

 

 

It bothered Doojoon how unaffected Yoseob seemed.

 

 

"Yah! I forgot to do my homework!" Suddenly he felt a light tap on his shoulder and he looked up to see Yoseob looking at him with big, pleading eyes.

 

 

"Doojoonah did you do your math homework?" He nodded and Yoseob bit his nervously. "Then... Can I copy it? Please? Only for today.."

 

 

Doojoon stayed silent for a while before he sighed, sitting up straight and fishing his homework out if his bag. "Fine." He said flatly, handing over the paper without looking at the younger.

 

 

"Wahh!! Gomawo Doojoonah!!" He felt the paper being tugged out of his hands and he let go, turning his head a little – just a little – to look at the younger who was furiously copying his answers onto his own paper. "Thank you so much Doojoonah, I owe you one." Doojoon sighed again, speaking up in his usual, harsh tone. "Next time do your own homework yourself. You get nothing if you just laze around at home."

 

 

Actually he was going to lend his homework anyway. He didn't care if Yoseob copied his or not. Normally he'd refuse and just nag at the younger to do it himself but –

 

 

But somewhere in his heart a part of it started to soften for the younger after seeing how vulnerable he was a few days ago.

 

 

But he couldn't show it. He wasn't sure if he wanted to. Because after spending a majority of his lifetime building walls around him and training his heart how not to feel, he wasn't sure that he knew how to show concern anymore to others. He was so used to not giving a damn to anything but the moment Yoseob entered his life he wasn't sure of how to act or behave anymore.

 

 

But anyway, Yoseob asked him to forget, Yoseob wanted everything to go back to normal so even if he wanted to, he had no choice but to still be a harsh, sharp-tongued man.

 

 

"Hey guys" Doojoon's ears perked up at the voice and he peeked out of his arms to see Junhyung heading towards him – or rather him and Yoseob because he stopped right in the middle of both of their desks with his hands perched on his hips.

 

 

"The group's gonna hang out after classes and go to a karaoke bar -"

 

 

"What for?" Doojoon immediately asked, cutting off Junhyung. Junhyung rolled his eyes. "Is it bad to just go there for fun? Come on, you two should come"

 

 

Doojoon subconsciously turned his head to look at Yoseob, waiting for him to reply before he would answer as well. He didn't know why he was though, because he would probably say no regardless of what the younger answered. Besides, singing wasn't really his thing... Nor was staying in small rooms packed with people singing their hearts out and dancing.

 

 

"Umm... I don't know... I don't..." Yoseob said, scratching the back of his head nervously. Junhyung raised his brows in confusion. Usually Yoseob would be the most enthusiastic about going out somewhere but why was he so reluctant about going to a karaoke bar? Junhyung was about to question Yoseob but someone had already spoken up before him.

 

 

"What do you mean 'you don't know'?" Doojoon had his brows knotted together in disbelief, staring at Yoseob as if something was wrong with the younger.

 

 

Yoseob shrugged, looking away. "I dunno... I guess... I guess I just don't like singing very much"

 

 

"Yah. That's nonsense" Yoseob blinked, turning his head to see Doojoon standing up with his hands perched on his hips in a defensive manner, facing him.

 

 

"So what if 'you don't like it'? When I said that I didn't want to see you or talk to you or go with you to this random stupid place did that stop you? No. You still did those anyway even if I said 'no' So don't think you're gonna get away when you say 'no'." He pointed accusingly at Yoseob. "I don't know what sort of nonsense your'e spewing out of your mouth but you will go with us later okay?"

 

 

Junhyung looked confused for a moment. "Wait... 'we'? So you're coming too?"

 

 

"Of course I am. And Bread Boy is too."

 

 

Doojoon crossed his arms, a final tone to his voice. Yoseob blinked, unable to do or say anything. He looked shocked, he looked beyond confused because what was happening right now? And honestly Doojoon didn't know what was happening either or what was he doing.

 

 

Yoseob smiled, tilting his head a bit. "Um... Alright.. I guess I'm going?"

 

 

Junhyung looked at Yoseob, then at Doojoon... Before going back to Yoseob, then back to Doojoon again. After a while Junhyung finally nodded, smiling his signature smirk. "Alright. After class okay you too?"

 

 

"Okay." Both of them replied, one in absolute firmness and the other in uncertainty.

 

 

---

 

 

"Mr. Chu!! Ipseul Wie Chu!! Dalkomhage Chu!!"

 

 

Doojoon tried not to wince as he watched Gikwang and Dongwoon belt out some cutesy girl song that he didn’t even know which was probably by some famous girl group that he did not know as well, both of them feigning to be cute little girly idols while beside them Hyunseung was in his own world as he danced and winked and wave his hips around, occasionally sending out blow kisses every time the "Chu" part of the song came out, while Junhyung sat on the sofa clutching his stomach as he kept laughing at the crazy antics of the three.

 

 

Doojoon groaned inwardly. Why did he even agree to this...?

 

 

"Yoseobie!! You sing a song too!"

 

 

Ah... Yes... Now he remembers why.

 

 

But that really didn't help either, because up until now he couldn't really explain why he decided to go and force the younger to go with him.

 

 

He looked to see Yoseob shift in his seat beside him as he smiled, shaking his head politely. "Uhm.. No thank you"

 

 

"Why? It's fun!! Come on let's go!"

 

 

"Sorry Kwangie... But I don't really feel like singing today."

 

 

Gikwang pouted, "Aww... Okay then... But next time you have to sing okay?" Gikwang left it at that because the intro for the next song started... Some other cutesy girl group song whose letters flashed on the screen "Pepe - CLC"

 

 

Doojoon flashed a glance at the boy beside him. Yoseob didn't look like he was having a bad time, but he wasn't as active as he normally would be when they were playing around especially with Gikwang and Dongwoon. He just sat there quietly with a small smile on his face as he occasionally laughed at the crazy antics of the others.

 

 

"Yoseob" Doojoon started, nudging the younger man. Yoseob tensed up for a moment before he relaxed again, shifting in his seat. He looked at Doojoon with a smile. "Hm?"

 

 

Doojoon resisted the urge to raise his brow at the other. "You're.. Unusually quiet"

 

 

"Am I?" Yoseob asked, tilting his head. He pouted, looking back to the others. "I'm just a little tired to play with the others today, that's all"

 

 

He turned to smile reassuringly to Doojoon and suddenly something tugged at Doojoon's memory two days ago when he saw that smile.

 

 

Yoseob stood up, Doojoon following him with his gaze with a confused look on his face. "Guys" Yoseob called out. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom for a minute. Be right back"

 

 

"Okay~"

 

 

Doojoon watched the younger step out of the room. It was that smile again.

 

 

The moment the door closed Doojoon stood up immediately, making his way to the door. Junhyung looked at him questioningly, "Going somewhere?"

 

 

"Yeah" Doojoon mumbled, not really paying attention to the other. He pushed the door open and rushed out, leaving the rest looking confused.

 

 

"Is something wrong with the too?" Gikwang asked, brows knotted in confusion. Junhyung shook his head, smiling reassuringly. "Nah, let them be. They sort themselves out on their own."

 

 

---

 

 

The moment Doojoon got out he caught a glimpse of Yoseob turning around a far corner. Doojoon ran after him as quietly he could, turning the corner and seeing the younger's back a few steps away from him.

 

He grabbed the other's wrist, twisting him around and pinning him to the wall.

 

 

Yoseob gasped as he felt a tight hand grip on his hand, eyes widening as he was pressed onto the cold wall the next second. Doojoon stood in front of him, on hand still on his wrist and the other pressed on the wall beside Yoseob's head. He had a somewhat determined look on his face that Yoseob couldn't describe.

 

 

"Yoseob" Doojoon said. Doojoon's heart was beating fast, and he was confused from whether it was because of the adrenaline from running or was it because of how close he was to the younger. Doojoon couldn't help but feel a tad excited from feeling the familiar warmth from the younger as he pressed closer, longing to feel the warmth he ached for again.

 

 

"Yoseob" he repeated. "That smile you did just now inside the room" Unconsciously his hold on Yoseob's wrist tightened and Yoseob winced from the sudden jolt of pain.

 

 

"Did you mean that?"

 

 

Yoseob gasped slightly at the question, looking away from the hard gaze of the other.

 

 

"I told you, don't smile if you don't–"

 

 

"I asked you to forget about that day" Yoseob cut in, looking anywhere but at the older. "Please." He added softly.

 

 

It stayed silent for a while, Yoseob with his back pressed against the wall as Doojoon stood in front of him.

 

 

Doojoon sighed, looking down. "It's kinda hard to forget, you know"

 

 

Another long period of silence ensued between them.

 

 

"Then try. Please" Yoseob's voice shook slightly.

 

 

"What if..." Doojoon felt his heart beating out of his chest from the nervousness of what he was about to say.

 

 

"What if I don't want to forget?"

 

 

Yoseob's eyes widened, looking at Doojoon. Something flashed in Yoseob's eyes for a split second, and the two stood there never breaking eye contact. It confused Yoseob. The Doojoon in front of him confused him. That day... Yoseob hates that day. He wanted to forget.

 

 

There were too many things he wanted to forget.

 

 

Yoseob looked down, shaking his head with a small smile in place.

 

 

"Please... Just pretend it never happened. It's better that way"

 

 

Yoseob pushed against Doojoon's chest gently, but that was enough for the older to let him go. Yoseob pushed away, not sparing a glance at the other before walking away.

 

 

Doojoon could only stare at the back walking away from him, unable to do anything.

 

 

-----------------

 

A/N: Yay new chappyyyyy > v < While writing I suddenly had a thought on whether the pace of the story is too fast or too slow ; 3 ; I hope the pace is just right for you guys who's reading!!! Anyway I hope you like it ^ - ^ 

Unfortunately AFF is being to me and I can't reply to any of the comments T_T I don't know why tho.. no matter how many times I press reply it isn't working OTL

But still, comments are forever loved and please subscribe if you like the story C: