New Friend

[Series] Love? Hate!!

New Friend

 

 

"So Doojoon, I heard you got a new friend"

 

Doojoon looked up to raise his brow at Junhyung, who was smirking and had a mischievous glint in his eyes. "What?" Doojoon asked, voice monotonous and bored. It was after classes and he and the rest were in a little shop near the school that sold bowls of cheap and simple yet very tasty ramyun, which was run by a very nice ahjumma who has grown a liking to them because of their frequent visits. They all sat in a circular table, sitting side by side in a peaceful silence until it was decided to broken by Junhyung.

 

Junhyung wiggles his eyebrows at him. "Eeyy, don't play deaf with me. I hear you got a new friend... A new girl friend to be exact"

 

Gikwang looked up from his bowl in an instant, eyes wide. "Doojoon has a girlfriend?!?!"

 

Doojoon rolled his eyes. "No not girlfriend, girl friend – a female friend... And yeah I do, what's the big deal about that?"

 

"Doojoon hyung you never became friends with anyone else in school except for us and Yoseob" Dongwoon said, sipping from his bowl before continuing. "This is the first time you made friends with anyone else, let alone a girl."

 

"Dongwoonie's right. That means something's up right?" Gikwang urged on, wiggling his brows suggestively.

 

Doojoon narrowed his eyes at all of them. "No nothing is up, seriously something is wrong with all of you. I just became friends with her because Yoseob introduced her to me and— wait – wait, how did you even know about this?"

 

Junhyung shrugged. "Yoseob told me"

 

Doojoon turned his head to Yoseob, who had been quiet the whole time. "You told them??"

 

Yoseob didn't spare a glance at Doojoon as he kept slurping up his ramyun. "Yeah why? Is it not okay to tell them?"

 

"No. It is not okay to tell them that I have a girlfriend."

 

"I never said you had one. I just said that you became friends with Gayoon"

 

"No you didn't. You told me 'Hey do you know Heo Gayoon? I heard Doojoon and Gayoon went in this cafe together, something's up right? Are they together?'" Junhyung spoke up.

 

Doojoon looked back at Yoseob with an incredulous look on his face. "Well how did you know that??"

 

Yoseob blinked, finally looking up. "Gayoon told me. We're pretty good friends you know, she told me that she happened to bump by you and you invited her to stay with you." Yoseob stayed quiet before a grin grew on his lips. "Plus you aren't denying it, so you did meet right?"

 

Doojoon glared at Yoseob, "Fine yes. But I don't see what's wrong with that, I mean isn't any different from me being with you right?"

 

"But Gayoon's a girl. I'm a boy Doojoonah"

 

---

 

"Oh, Doojoonah!!"

 

Doojoon glanced to his side and saw Gayoon waving to him from a few feet away. Doojoon smiled back in reply as he closed his locker and turned to face Gayoon who was fast in approaching him.

 

It had only been two weeks ago since he'd met Heo Gayoon but in the span of those fourteen days he's sworn that he's crossed paths with the girl so many times that he didn't consider it normal – mainly because it was weird how they hardly even saw each other before but now he sees and often talks Gayoon so much times that Doojoon wondered if it was pure coincidence or if these small encounters were more than just that.

 

"Hello" Doojoon said, smiling softly when Gayoon reached him. She smiled back, reddish blush on her cheeks. "How have you been?" Doojoon asked, leaning against his locker casually.

 

"I'm fine, I've been great actually" Gayoon answered before biting her lip shyly, looking down as she suddenly felt very nervous. "Um... Listen... After school today, are you – I mean would you – um – if you're free later, do you think we can – maybe I dunno – do you think we can hang out?"

 

Doojoon blinked. "You want to hang out with me after school?"

 

Gayoon flushed into a shade of red, looking away from Doojoon. "... yes" Doojoon blinked some more. "Me and you... alone?"

 

Gayoon's eyes widened, quickly stuttering out at response "No of course not! We... we'll be with my friends of course! Only if you're free, and of course if you'd like to go – It's fine if you can't go but I'm really hoping that you can..."

 

Doojoon's tone was straight out flat and abrupt. "I can't"

 

Gayoon's eyes widened. "Why not?"

 

Doojoon shrugged, taking a moment to remember what he had to do today. "I have to work on a project with Yoseob after class – oh, there he is now, he can tell you too"

 

Sure enough, the moment Doojoon had mentioned the younger man's name, Yoseob had just walked into his view as the other made his way to their classroom. Yoseob was wearing a grey hoodie today, hands in his front pockets as he kept his eyes glued in front of him, and judging from the faraway look on his face he seemed to be thinking about something. Doojoon raised his arm to call the younger, "Yoseobah!"

 

Yoseob snapped his head when he heard his name called, looking to the lockers beside him to see Doojoon there waving to him. Yoseob immediately grinned, making his way to the older. "Good morning Doojoonah"

 

"Hello Yoseobah" Yoseob froze for a split second when he heard another voice – another voice that was not Doojoon's – and only then did he realize that Gayoon was there too. Beside Doojoon too, which meant they were probably talking before Yoseob came. Yoseob froze for just a split second – a barely there moment – and his eyes widened but in an instant it was gone and was back to his usual bright grin. "Good morning Gayoonah"

 

"Yoseobah listen" Doojoon suddenly piped up, Yoseob looking at him curiously. "We have to work on something later right? After school I mean"

 

Yoseob raised an eyebrow. "Why are you asking...?" Yoseob took a glance at Gayoon, who had a deflated yet still a tad hopeful on his face, and suddenly he understood the situation in front of him. He took a moment to fix everything in his mind before he blinked, looking at Doojoon and feigning confusion.

 

"Eh? I thought we were going to do it tomorrow instead?" Yoseob caught the look of disbelief that flash across Doojoon's face, because this was the first time he had heard this (it was the first time Yoseob said it) and this was obviously news to him – and Yoseob had to try so hard not to laugh or smirk or let out a tiny smile because seeing Doojoon's shocked looked on his face was beyond amusing for him.

 

"What?" Doojoon let out, half glaring and half questioning at Yoseob. Yoseob looked back at Doojoon with the same look of disbelief that Doojoon was flashing him. "What do you mean 'what'? I called you and we agreed to do it tomorrow"

 

"You did not call me nor did you not tell me any of those" Doojoon's eyes narrowed in annoyance as he fished out his phone from his pocket. "I can even show you my call logs and see that our last call was three days ago and not-"

 

"Should I leave now?" Gayoon suddenly interrupted. By the looks of it she looked very uncomfortable and somewhat awkward with being stuck in between Doojoon and Yoseob's argument - or whatever it was. She looked at Doojoon, flashing him a small smile. "It's okay if we don't meet today, I really don't mind if you-"

 

"No no, Doojoon's going" Yoseob cut in, stepping in front of Doojoon blocking him from Gayoon. Before Doojoon could protest in anyway Yoseob grabbed his arm behind his back, squeezing it tight - a warning to not say anything. Doojoon winced when he felt Yoseob squeeze his arm because how can such a small tiny body be that strong? Yoseob still wore a sweet smile in front though, despite the death grip he had on Doojoon.

 

"R-Really?" Gayoon's eyes widened, smiling brightly. Yoseob nodded, "Yeah, he's just stupid for mixing up his schedules, but he'll be there later - ow..." Yoseob mumbled the last part softly, because the moment he said 'stupid' he felt a foot - Doojoon's foot to be exact - hit him in the leg.

 

Gayoon looked confused for a moment. "Is something wrong?"

 

Yoseob kept his smile ever so sweet. "No, nothing's wrong, right Doojoonah?" He turned to Doojoon and squeezed his arm even more tightly.

 

Doojoon winced inwardly, not because of the death grip but instead when he saw Yoseob's 'sweet' smile directed to him he did not see a smile - instead he saw a death glare which sent him a very direct message of: 'say anything wrong and I'll kill you :)'

 

Doojoon laughed - tried to laugh at least, but inside he was cringing repeatedly because of Yoseob - which resulted in a very fake sounding laugh. Thankfully Gayoon didn't notice it becuase she was too happy herself. "Of course. I'll be there..."

 

"Great! See you later Doojoonah!" Gayoon smiled - Doojoon smiled back - and waved one last time before walking - or rather skipping because she was so happy? - to her class.

 

Once Gayoon was gone and out of view Doojoon sighed, turning to Yoseob to sound out his numerous complaints - 'why the hell did you lie, saying it's tomorrow so that I could be with her???' 'Since when did you decide for me when I can and cannot go??'  'how the hell can you squeeze my arm so hard?!' and especially 'don't call me stupid!!'

 

He was about to complain about all of those but then he turned Yoseob to face him and the first thing he saw was Yoseob's cheeky grin. Yoseob was grinning his mischievous and playful grin and all those things he was going to say vanished because now he felt something else starting to annoy him.

 

"Yah" Doojoon started, shoving the other lightly (Yoseob was unaffected though), "Yah stop smiling like that"

 

"She called you 'Doojoonah'. Not 'Doojoon-sshi' or 'Doojoon-goon'... she called you 'Doojoonah'" Yoseob said, smirking at Doojoon. Doojoon sighed before rolling his eyes, ignoring the younger as he started walking to their class. Yoseob quickly stepped up and followed him, keeping up with Doojoon.

 

"You smiled at her too." Yoseob continued, and for a moment Doojoon wished Yoseob would just keep quiet. Doojoon turned a corner and Yoseob followed.

 

"Yeah... I don't see what's the big deal with that"

 

"You smiled at her the first day you met her. It took me days - weeks maybe - before you could crack up a grin in front of me." Yoseob said. Doojoon raised a brow at the younger, "I was being polite that's all.

 

Yoseob scoffed, shoving Doojoon playfully (Doojoon shoving back as hard). "Yeah yeah sure. You were being 'polite'. The Yoon Doojoon I know wouldn't even bother to care when a girl starts to batt her eyelashes at him" Yoseob mumbled the last part, puffing his cheeks.

 

Doojoon was quick to respond. "What did you say?" Yoseob pouted, turning his head away from Doojoon.

 

"Nothing~ Nothing."

 

---

 

The bell rang, telling everyone that classes had ended and they could all go home. Doojoon sat up straight, stretching his arms for a while before gathering his things and placing them in his bag. He stood up, slinging his backpack on his shoulder when a voice called him from the door of the room.

 

Doojoon looked towards the source and found Gayoon standing there with a shy smile on her face. Doojoon smiled back, walking towards her.

 

"So where are the others?" Doojoon asked.

 

Gayoon's eyes widened, blushing as she looked away. "Umm... they said they couldn't make it..."

 

Doojoon raised a brow. "...really?"

 

"Yeah. If you don't want to go anymore I understand so-"

 

"No that's okay" Doojoon cut in, waving his hand dismissively at Gayoon.  "Let's go"

 

Gayoon blushed a darker shade if red. Outside she was smiling shyly but in the inside she was ecstatic. Her plan worked after all. She wanted to be alone with Doojoon so she thought of telling him that her friends were going as well when in reality she did not even invite them. She was thankful to Yoseob too because he was the one that pushed Doojoon to come with her.

 

"Yeah... let's go" she said, turning around with Doojoon following her.

 

Once they were out of the classroom Yoseob sighed. He watched the whole thing from his seat. Yoseob stared at his desk. "Polite huh...." he wondered aloud. He stood up, grabbing his back and slinging it over his shoulder.

 

"If I you were that good with girls then why did you even get trouble with getting friends in the first place..." Yoseob mumbled, heading out the room.

 

"I guess I won't be the only one spending time with Doojoonie alone anymore"

 

---


A/N: Not much happens here... sorry

I was organizing my files and my chapters and I realized how mesy it was... I think I lost a few previous chapters OTL

Ahh, an apology is at hand for having a late update.. I have this rule that I only upload the chapter once I have the next chapter done and the next few is around 90% done, and the next chapters.... was hard for me T-T idk I think I rewrote it around 5 times? o)-<

also I apologize for how long this was pushed back, I mean with the news of Hyunseung leaving beast... I was so so so unmotivated to write anything.. but now I'm somehow fine and I hope you all are too ^^

Comments are loved <3 I hope you like this chapter!