Cupcake (part 2)

[Series] Love? Hate!!

Cupcake (part 2)

 

 

Doori hummed a small tune as she drove her way back home from work. She leaned back in her chair as her car slowly went into a halt, waiting for the streetlight to turn green before she can continue driving.
 

 


"Ahh~ So relaxing" Doori said to herself happily, glad that she was able to get some quiet time alone. She stretched her arms as she looked at her surroundings, looking at all the people and shops around her when suddenly something very familiar caught her attention. Her brows knotted in confusion and also a bit of nervousness mixed with some suspicion and anger. "What?" She said to herself, accelerating the car forward as soon as the light turned green.
 

 


---
 

 


Yoseob looked at the ground as he made his way back home, school bag in one hand, his other hand clutching his arm that was still wrapped in Doojoon's jacket. Nothing was really entering his mind right now, he just felt too tired to think about anything at the moment. He just walked alone, wrapped in his cocoon of silence.
 

 


Suddenly a loud beep from a car caught his attention, causing him to stop and turn around. He squinted his eyes and attempted to shield his eyes with his hands as the bright headlights of a car glared at him. Confusion started to run through his mind as he watched the car pull over to the side before it started to slow down just beside him. He quickly thought of running – this could be one of those really dangerous kidnappings he saw on the news – when the front window rolled down, revealing a pretty lady, who despite the frown on her face looked like a very kind lady.
 

 


"Yah kid" Yoseob was taken aback with the very harsh and accusing tone, but still he stood perfectly composed in front of her. "Where did you get that jacket?"
 

 


Yoseob blinked. "Jacket..?"
 

 


"Yah. That jacket you're wearing. Where did you get it. Answer me"
 

 


Despite the harsh tone of the lady Yoseob kept his calm, looking down at the jacket he was wearing. He said the first thing that came across his mind, not really thinking whether what he was saying was smart or not. "Oh.. Mr. Grumpy gave it to me"

 



A click was heard and Yoseob looked up to see the lady stepping out of her car and standing in front of Yoseob. The way she presented herself so confidently made Yoseob feel a tad nervous and maybe even a bit scared. Her mature look and formal attire made it obvious that she was much older than Yoseob, which made him confused as to why she was suddenly 'interrogating' him. She pointed at Yoseob. "You. Look here. That jacket there belongs to my younger brother. And I would know. Not because I have this weird instinct to know if they belong to anyone I know but because I made that jacket myself. It is the only one in the world so you can't tell me that it's a freaking coincidence."

 



Yoseob took a while to process what the lady had said. He tilted his head, pondering about the situation all the while the lady was staring at him with a frown on her face. "But..." He started, tome a bit unsure. "... I'm pretty sure that Doojoonah let me borrow this... And I'm pretty sure that this is his jacket..." Yoseob trailed off. He then looked at the lady with a curious expression on his face.

 



"Does that mean... Is Doojoonah your brother?"

 



Doori's eyes widened.
 

 


---
 

 


"I'm sorry"
 

 


Yoseob laughed, waving his hand. "I already told you, it's okay"
 

 


Doori shook her head. "I'm genuinely sorry for talking like that. If I had known that you were his friend–"
 

 


"I said it's okay~"

 



The two were located in a small cafe nearby the place where Doori had 'interrogated' him. Doori had felt terribly guilty over accusing someone so easily, so she had insisted on treating Yoseob to a drink and maybe some cakes in the cafe. They now sat across each other in a table by the corner of the shop, Iced Americano in front of Yoseob and a cup of Espresso in front of Doori.

 



Doori smiled apologetically at Yoseob, and to Yoseob she looked much much prettier now that the frown was gone from her face. "It's just that Doojoon isn't the type to have lots of friends, especially not the type to lend his things so easily to others... So seeing you wear his jacket.. I thought too rashly and made an assumption that you had stole it. I'm really sorry Yoseob-sshi"
 

 


Yoseob smiled back, his smile kind and warm. He swirled the straw on his half full drink, "No it's okay. And I understand, seeing how special the jacket is." He bit his lip, lip jutting out in a pout. "This must be so special to Doojoonah... Now I feel a bit guilty for wearing it"
 

 


Doori titled her head, eyes filled with curiosity. "Oh yeah... Why are you wearing Doojoonie's jacket in the first place?"

 



Yoseob laughed a bit, taking note of the pet name she called his brother. Doojoonie... Maybe he should call him that too. "He spilled cupcake icing on my sweater... He let me wear his while he would get mine washed"

 



"You must be really good friends with Doojoonie" Doori said.

 



"Umm.. I'm not sure about what Doojoonah thinks but for me we are good friends" Yoseob said, scratching the back of his head and laughing. "I mean.. We stay together after school every now and then"

 



"So you're the one he's talking about when he says that he'll be home late because he's with a friend" Doori nodded to herself, a small 'o' formed in . "Oh– Then... was it you that had helped him in the market?"

 



"Market?" Yoseob was confused for a few seconds before he realized what Doori was talking about. "Ahhh yes! That was me" Yoseob smiled brightly, but Doori was quiet, mind already thinking up a plan.
 

 


Doori leaned forward. "Listen... You're really good friends with Doojoonie right?" Yoseob nodded and she continued. "Then... Don't you think he needs a girlfriend?"
 

 


Yoseob was taken aback by the question, eyes widening. He remembered his conversation with Doojoon a few days ago. He remembered how bothered the other felt just because his sister kept pushing the idea of a relationship. "Umm... I don't know" he replied slowly.
 

 


"Think about it" Doori said, face filled with determination. "You know how Doojoonie is. He's always in a bad mood. Even at home you know. I think if he finds someone he likes it would make his life better. And I know he always rejects the idea, but that's because he's never really tried looking into it. He'll be happier, don't you think?"
 

 


Yoseob was quiet. Actually what Doori was saying did make sense. "But why are you telling me this?"
 

 


"You're Doojoonie's friend" Doori started once more. "Try and ask him if he likes anyone. But he probably has no interest at all so even knowing what his type is would be a great help. Or even ask any of the girls in your class if they find something they like in Doojoonie. I know it sounds like such a hassle, but please? Think about what it could do to Doojoonie, I've tried but I really can't do anything but maybe you can"
 

 


Yoseob looked down, contemplating on what to do. He stayed quiet as Doori looked at him with pleading eyes.  It confused him actually, why Doojoon's sister was suddenly relying on him. It confused him to think that she was suddenly asking him to help set Doojoon up. And he knew that Doojoon did not like even the mere idea of it, so if he helped Doori then does that mean he was going against Doojoon? And what would Doojoon think if he found out? Would he be mad? Disappointed? Sad?
 

 


Yoseob thought about all these things. But somehow his lips had moved before he had finalized his thoughts, uttering the words he didn't even knew he did until Doori replied.
 

 


"... I'll try"
 

 


Doori's eyes practically lit up out of happiness. "Really? Thank you so much Yoseob-sshi!!" She smiled excitedly – and to Yoseob it was the first time he saw her smile that brightly, and Yoseob responded with a soft, reassuring tone.
 

 


"I mean... I spend a lot of time with Doojoonah... so why not?" Yoseob smiled, though his smile wasn't as big as Doori's, it was just a polite smile and somewhere hidden there was uncertainty in his decision to help Doori.
 

 


---
 

 


As soon as Yoseob opened the door to his room he sighed, throwing his bag anywhere on the floor and letting himself fall down on the bed. He wished so badly that he could just stay here and let himself fall asleep becuase honestly today had been tiring, both physically and mentally and he just wanted to end the day but no, he still had some work to so. Yoseob lifted his arms up to the ceiling, staring at them. Yoseob looked at Doojoon's jacket, recalling the promise he made with Doori to help her.
 

 


"Aigoo... How did her accusing me of theft lead to me helping her with Doojoonah" he said to himself, covering his face with his hands. He wanted to mull over it more – over what he should do about this as how he should do it – but he should save that for another time when he wasn't that busy. Regretfully he stood back up, removing Doojoon's jacket and folding it neatly before heading back downstairs.
 

 


---
 

 

Yoseob stretched his arms. He was finally done. He had everything in the house clean, the food for tomorrow already prepped, so all that's left is for him to go back upstairs and sleep. He removed his apron, placing it where it belonged.
 

 


He looked at the kitchen in silence before he opened a drawer and pulled out a small wiping cloth, thinking that he should clean up a bit first before going back up when a certain box caught his attention in the far corner of the table. He blinked, heading over to the box and opening it, revealing a cupcake that had it's pink icing on top badly damaged, in fact there was little to no icing left on the single cupcake in the box. The sprinkles that were supposed to be neatly scattered on the top was mostly gone, less than ten tiny circles were left. Yoseob stared at the cupcake and smiled to himself, taking it out and peeling of the paper. He bit of off the small cake, chocolate flavor filling his mouth instantly. He chewed on the soft cake happily as he grabbed the box and placed it on the sink were he would wash it. After that he just stood there, silence surrounding him as he slowly ate the cupcake. Suddenly his phone vibrated. Yoseob fished out his phone from his pocket, looking at it and seeing a new text message.
 

 


Subconsciously he was already expecting it to be from Doojoon but the moment he opened it he frowned slightly in disappointment seeing that it wasn't from the said person. He scanned over the text quickly before deciding it wasn't important. He was about to place it back in his pocket when he stopped, thinking for a while before getting it out again to send a new message.
 

 



To: Mr. Grumpy Doojoon
From: Yoseoppu
10:35 pm

Are you awake?




To: Annoying Bread Boy
From: Doojoon
10:40 pm

Of course I am. Why?


 


Yoseob smiled to himself as he replied, one hand holding the cupcake as he took another bite.
 

 


To: Mr. Grumpy Doojoon
From: Yoseoppu
10:41 pm

Nothing~ I'm eating the supposed-to-be-yours-but-ended-up-ruining-my-sweater cupcake right now



To: Annoying Bread Boy
From: Doojoon
10:44 pm

That's a... interesting title for a cupcake.


To: Mr. Grumpy Doojoon
From: Yoseoppu
10:45 pm

It's an accurate title for the cupcake if you ask me~ Anyway it's really yummy. Too bad you couldn't taste it :P


To: Annoying Bread Boy
From: Doojoon
10:46 pm

FYI I had no interest to even taste it from the start


To: Mr. Grumpy Doojoon
From: Yoseoppu
10:48 pm

Eeyyy I know you really want it~~~ You just don't want to admit it
ㅋㅋㅋ
 

 


Doojoon raised a brow at the reply he received, hastily typing up his own response. He was lying in bed and all the lights were already off. The door opened and Doori's head poked in.
 

 


"Yah. Doojoonie go sleep already. It's late."
 

 


"No It's not"
 

 


Doori narrowed her eyes at the blunt response from her brother when she froze, seeing him so concentrated on his phone. Her intention to scold Doojoon disappeared and was now replaced with curiosity.
 

 


"Are you texting?? Who is that?"
 

 


Doojoon waved his hand at her dismissively. "Nothing nothing. Just a friend" he said quickly. Doori raised her brow at the answer, a certain boy that she had just met coming to her thought upon hearing the words of her brother. After all the things Yoseob had told her, it was safe to assume that Yoseob was in the other end of the chat.
 

 


She smiled to herself when she saw the end of Doojoon's lips tug into a smile as he kept his eyes glued to his phone.
 

 


--------------------

A/N: As promised, here's chapter 16 ^^ for me the chapter itself doesnt have its own base//solid plot to stand as a real chapter since I didnt write it to be a seperate chapter... but since chapter 15 was too long I had to split it... and this is the result ^-^ Anyway I hope you like it c:

I might not be able to update for a bit since Im working on other things (im a digital artist and I earn money when people buy art from me, its not much since I only do it as a hobby but currently I have a lot or orders to draw so I have to complete those first before udating x.x) Mian guys u__u