Grumpy Ahjussi

[Series] Love? Hate!!

Grumpy Ahjussi

 

 

The morning bell sounded, signaling the start of classes.

 

 

Doojoon stared at his table.

 

 

He stared at it with so much disgust and hate and he kept staring thinking that maybe it could melt if he stared long enough.

 

 

Because on top of his table was a cute little wrapped complete with a sky blue ribbon on top. Beside the wrapper was a small piece of paper that had a "Doojoonah! Let's Eat ^ w ^" on it.

 

 

Actually that part was fine it was complete fine for Doojoon to have random presents popping out of his table. But what was inside the wrapper was what made him upset –

 

 

Bread.

 

 

Junhyung snickered behind him and Doojoon glared at him, smacking him in the head.

 

 

Someone gave him bread. Doojoon's brow twitched, everyone that he knows in the school knows that he hates bread – that he detests it. And Doojoon practically knows everyone and everyone knows him so everyone knows that he hates bread so why did someone leave a packet of bread in his table if everyone knows tha–

 

 

"Doojoon!"

 

 

Doojoon inwardly sighed. Ah... That's right. Annoying bread boy.

 

 

"Did you see my present? Bread!!" Yoseob skipped over towards him from the door of the classroom, stopping beside the older and playfully bumping shoulders with the other. Doojoon made a face, stepping away from the bouncing ball of irritating energy. Another snicker was heard behind them.

 

 

"...w...hy....?" Doojoon managed to croak out a sentence.

 

 

"Well, remember what you told me the other day? I was thinking about it a lot, about why you were always so grumpy and then I remembered the time we met a few days ago and I remembered that I gave you bread and when I did you seemed to be less grumpy... So then I thought – maybe Doojoonah likes bread and if I–"

 

 

"I don't like bread" Doojoon interrupted bluntly – not caring about the other's rant. Yoseob blinked, looking at Doojoon with wide eyes. He was expecting the smaller to be sad, to be disappointed, to even be a little embarrassed over the wrong conclusion he thought. But instead... Instead –

 

 

"Huuuuhh?!?! You don't like bread?! Why???"

 

 

The next thing he knew was that he was backing away as fast as he could as Yoseob's face came too close to his. Yoseob looked at him with disbelief.

 

 

"Why would you not like bread?? It's yummy and soft and fluffly–"

 

 

"I hate it"

 

 

Yoseob abruptly came to a halt. He was silent – brows knotted as countless thoughts filled his mind. Finally he pouted, his cheeks puffed as his lower lip jutted out, before turning around and sitting in his seat, not before grabbing the bread from Doojoon's desk. “Oh…. I see” he said softly and placed the small wrapper in his pocket.

 

 

Doojoon stared at where the bread used to be and he wondered if he was supposed to feel guilty or not.

 

 

---

 

 

They were at the gym. PE just ended and they were fixing their selves up for the next class. Yoseob went out one of the stalls, already neat and tidy in his school uniform with a dark blue jacket he always wore over it as he carried his gym bag full of his PE clothes.

 

 

He hummed a little tune as he made his way to his locker in the boy’s changing room to get his things when a voice suddenly spoke up behind him.

 

 

“Isn’t it hot?”

 

 

Yoseob yelped at the sudden voice, spinning around and seeing Hyunseung standing there, already in his uniform as well. He closed his eyes, letting out a breath. “Yah.. You scared me”

 

 

“It isn’t hot?” Hyunseung asked again, tilting his head.

 

 

“Eh… Why?” Yoseob tilted his head as well, making Hyunseung point at him. “Your jacket. I feel hot just looking at you… Isn’t it hot to be wearing that thick jacket?”

 

 

Yoseob blinked, hands subconsciously going down to pull the sleeves over his hands again. “It isn’t really hot.. For me anyway… I guess I just like jackets” Yoseob ended with flapping his over long sleeves at the other with a grin on, making the other smile as well. “Jjang. Yang Yoseob jjang” Hyungseung suddenly remarked, lifting up two thumbs up to him. Yoseob laughed at the weird statement Hyunseung made. “Well, I’m going now, bye!” Hyunseung said, turning around before walking out.

 

 

Yoseob let his arms fall flat on his sides when he then felt a small lump in his jacket. “Huh?” He looked down, hand going in his pocket and fishing out whatever was inside. He pulled it out and smiled.

 

 

“Bread!!!”

 

 

He was about to open it and munch on the soft, fluffy piece of heaven when he suddenly remember what happened earlier this morning.

 

 

"I hate it"

 

 

Yoseob pouted, staring at the bread on his palms. “Who could hate such a thing like this seriously?” he muttered to himself. Suddenly an idea popped into his head.

 

 

His eyes widened, spinning around before breaking into a run to their classroom.

 

 

---

 

 

Doojoon just came back from PE class – he ran a bit late since he couldn't find his school shoes anywhere... Turns out Junhyung hid it in one of the lockers while he was changing. Everyone was already there, including Yoseob who still didn't talk the whole day.

 

 

Doojoon resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the younger as he went to his seat. He placed his gym bag on his desk only to hear a crinkling sound. He froze in confusion before he lifted up his bag again, looking on his desk only to find –

 

 

Bread.

 

 

It was the same one from this morning. Only this time the note was different.

 

 

"Doojoonah! I can't believe you hate bread... Meanie ㅠㅠ But I'm still giving you this because hopefully you'll finally learn the beauty of how delicious bread is ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Let's eat! ^_^"

 

 

"Let's eat~"

 

 

Doojoon looked up to see Yoseob facing him with his usual huge grin on his face. They both stared each other down for a while, Doojoon with a bored glare and Yoseob with a cheery face until Doojoon closed his eyes and sighed, sitting in his chair and grabbing the bread in his table a little too violently.

 

 

"Annoying Bread Boy" he mumbled angrily.

 

 

Yoseob smiled even more. "That’s a cute name!! I want to make one for you too… Your'e..." He tilted his head and thought for a while. Doojoon looked down, face blank as voices started flashing across his mind.

 

 

"He's such a loser"

 

 

"What a freak"

 

 

"Grumpy ahjusshi!!"

 

 

Doojoon blinked. Eh?

 

 

He looked up and stared at Yoseob, slight annoyance filling his face. "What...?"

 

 

"Grumpy Doojoonie ahjussi!!"

 

 

Doojoon made a face, turning his head quickly to the front, ignoring the smiling boy beside him.

 

 

"Shut up"

 

 

 

------

A/N: What a creative title XD

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS <33 I can't believe its the last day of 2014!! I'm gonna miss 2014, mainly because it was

one of Beast's best year ^3^

Let's pray for a great 2015 as well ^ - ^