Partner

[Series] Love? Hate!!

Partner

 

 

Yoseob opened his eyes. It was still dark outside.

 

 

He rolled to his side, looking at the clock beside him.

 

 

4:30 am

 

 

He closed his eyes and sighed, staying quiet for a while. "Appa must still be asleep....." He whispered to himself. He stayed on the soft fluffy bed for a few more seconds, relishing the feel of the soft blankets around him before he got up, lazily swinging his legs to go to the side of the bed.

 

 

He stood up and stretched. He was tired, he was exhausted, but he still has to prepare breakfast for his dad so when his dad woke up it was ready, then he has to make his lunch for today which he prepared last night, all he needs now is to cook it then he could get ready for school. Yoseob smiled to himself as he made his way quietly down the stairs, still in his pajamas, bare feet against the cold floor. "Sleep late and wake up early just for food huh..." He said to himself with a small smile on. Its okay, he likes cooking anyway.

 

 

Ah, yes, he forgot. He also has to visit the market after school to buy some vegetables for the dinner tonight.

 

 

He softly padded his way to the kitchen, putting on his light blue apron with white polka dots, and started getting to work.

 

 

By the time he was done cooking everything and setting up the table for breakfast – complete with 'Good Morning' written on the tissue beside the plate (he always did this) – it was 6:00 am and he had an hour more because school starts at 7 am.

 

 

---

 

 

"Yoseob... Yoseobah... Yoseob!"

 

 

"E-eh?!"

 

 

Yoseob snapped his head up and opened his eyes. It was lunch time and they were on the rooftop again, in front of him was Hyunseung who was waving his hand at him.

 

 

"Are you sleepy?" Hyunseung asked, going a bit closer towards Yoseob and looking at him straight in the face. "Your eyes are red" he continued.

 

 

"Eh... Why? Did I fall asleep..?"

 

 

"Yeah... you kinda fell asleep while I was talking" Gikwang pouted, tilting his head a bit. "Did you sleep late? What time did you sleep last night?"

 

 

Yoseob stared at his lunch on his lap, blinking, remembering how the clock ticked 12 am and he was alone in the kitchen, preparing the food. He started late because he still had homework to finish and by the time he finished it, it was 10 pm and he still had to get started on preparing the things to do tomorrow plus any last minute cleaning because he liked clean houses.  

 

 

"Around.... It was almost midnight I guess... I've slept later than that though... I had to finish our homework" Yoseob smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head, choosing not to tell anything else.

 

 

"That's what you get for always playing around and waiting till the last minute to do your work" Yoseob turned his head to Doojoon, who suddenly spoke up. He was leaning against the wall, looking away from them.

 

 

"Yah... Doojoonah you’re so mean" Yoseob retorted, pouting.

 

 

Doojoon didn’t look at him. “It’s true… you’re not even denying it”

 

 

He looked down at his half-eaten lunch.

 

 

He suddenly didn't feel hungry anymore.

 

 

---

 

 

"Class, settle down. I have an announcement to make"

 

 

Doojoon looked up from the book he was reading.

 

 

"For this semester's major English project, all of you are to write a story in English... About 10-15 chapters long." The announcement was followed by a series if reactions. Some happy, some sad, some in disbelief.

 

 

"It could be about anything under the sun, just make sure it is decent material. And finally, this project isn't individual. You will be working in pairs..."

 

 

Doojoon's eyes automatically went to Junhyung, whom he always partnered up with. 

 

 

"... That will be chosen randomly" Doojoon froze. .

 

 

The whole class started saying complaints and whines to which the teacher slammed her hand on the board.

 

 

"Quiet! I will start picking the pairs now. Once you have a pair you may talk about your project for the remaining period."

 

 

---

 

 

Why?

 

 

Doojoon had his face glued to his desk, a dark, sad aura floating around him.

 

 

"Uwahh... This is so fun!! I can't believe we're partners!!"

 

 

Why... Just why?

 

 

"... Doojoonah...?"

 

 

Doojoon turned his head to the side to face a cheerful Yoseob. "What" he answered gloomily, as if life was drained out of him.

 

 

Yoseob pouted. "Ehh... What's wrong with you? Mr. Grumpy Ahjussi... Can't you be a little excited that we'll be working together? It's not like I'm stupid anyway... Did you forget that I just came back from Japan? I learned English there and I even know some Japanese and I –"

 

 

Doojoon raised his hand, suddenly sitting up straight and proper. "Songsaengnim. Is there a chance that we could change our partners?"

 

 

Their teacher looked back at him. "Sorry. But this is final. You can't exchange partners or change anymore"

 

 

Doojoon was back to his slumped and gloomy position, dark aura around him even larger.

 

 

Yoseob stared at the 'grumpy ahjussi' with a small frown. "Umm... Doo–"

 

 

A hand was raised in front of his face, blocking his sight, making him stop abruptly.

 

 

"E-eh..." Yoseob moved his head to the side, looking across the hand obstructing his view, seeing a stone faced Doojoon staring at him.

 

 

"Tomorrow. 8 am. School library. Be late and I'll seriously work alone"

 

 

Yoseob eyes followed the other as he stood up – not saying another word – fixed his things and made his way out the class. Slowly the class started to go out as well, until it was only a few students left.

 

 

He looked down at his desk. "Tomorrow huh...." He bit his lip. Looks like he has to wake up early again tomorrow.

 

 

---

 

 

Doojoon made his way out the classroom, where Junhyung and Hyunseung were already there waiting for him. Junhyung chuckled seeing the grimace the other wore. "Having a fun time with your partner?"

 

 

"Shut up Jun" Doojoon punched the other in the shoulder lightly as the three of them walked side by side.

 

 

"Yah. Don't take your anger out at me just because I have my Hyunseungie as my partner." Hyunseung glared at Junhyung at the remark, turning a slight shade of red. "Stop that"

 

 

Junhyung looked at Hyunseung with feigned disbelief. "What? You aren't happy that we're partners?" Hyunseung slapped the other's arm. "Of course I am" he replied quietly, making Junhyung smile happily, placing his arm around Hyunseung's shoulder.

 

 

Doojoon made a face. "Ugh. Guys stop that"

 

 

"But seriously though, why do you hate Yoseob so much? You're too harsh on the poor guy. You're meaner to him than to anyone else, even me"

 

 

Doojoon was quiet for a while, staring at the ground. "I dunno... It's not hate.. There's just something about him that makes me irritated all the time" Doojoon was silent the rest of the way, contemplating about what Junhyung said.

 

 

Together the three of them – soon joined by Gikwang and Dongwoon – made their way home until it was time to go their separate ways. They said goodbyes to each other – "see you on Monday Doojoon" "yeah. Bye" – and there Doojoon walked, hands in pockets as he stared at the cracks on the sidewalk, back to not caring about anything.

 

 

He stopped walking, giving out a small sigh.

 

 

"I'm too harsh huh..."

 

 

He looked down at his hand for a while, countless thoughts filling in his mind before a sudden honk from a car brought his mind back to reality. 

 

 

He shook his head stuffing his hands back in his pockets.

 

 

Damn Junhyung, making him think about stupid things.

 

 

"Screw this" he said to himself as he made his way back home.

 

 

 

A/N: ohohohohoh ;//w//;

I've been getting a lot of Dooseob feels lately idk why I just--- //asdhkgks

HAHAHA <3

ANyway enjoy ^-^

next chappy coming up.. err idk when I get time to vist again XD