Dr. Park Jeong-Ah

[Updated w/ side story] Chance

THIS = Japanese


You should take care of yourself
What's done is done
The past cannot be changed
Regrets will only bring sorrow

[DBSK's Dorm]

"Yunho-hyung, you haven't had your yearly physical check-up yet." Changmin concernedly informed Yunho.

The older male sighed. "Is it needed?"

"Of course!" Changmin cried. "C'mon, I'll go with you for your check-up. You said you haven't  been feeling well either."

Changing the topic Yunho asked, "Have you asked Jeong-Ah yet?"

"Don't you dare change the subject!" Changmin cried. "You're going and you have no say in it."

***

[Tokyo National Hospital]

"Sir, would you like to see a Korean doctor or is a Japanese one fine?" one of the nurses asked Yunho.

"Since when did Koreans migrate to Japan to work as a doctor?" Changmin asked, surprised.

"Well, ever since Hallyu reached Japan, a lot of Koreans came here. We have a Korean doctor who transferred here from the states a few years ago. She's a really great doctor and everyone loves her." the nurse replied.

"Let Yunho see her then." Changmin said, giving the nurse a smile before she left.

***

"Doctor, your patient is ready to see you." a nurse said to Jeong-Ah.

She nodded and walked out of her office and into the room that her assigned patient is in.

"Hello, I'm Park Jeong-Ah and I'm your doctor for the day Mr. Jung-" Jeong-Ah said and stopped halfway after looking at the profile given. "Yunho..."

"Jeong-Ah noona!" Changmin cried giving her a hug. "So you really did transfer here from the states!"

She nodded. "Yes. Uhm, shall we get started? I have to have lunch with Changhyun after this."

Before Changmin could ask her questions, she quickly went to the sink to wash her hands and put on latex gloves before examining Yunho.

"Lie down." she bluntly said to him.

He nodded and layed onto the bed. Taking out her stethoscope, she tried to hear his heartbeat.

', my am I so nervous?' she asked herself.

"Breathe in then out slowly." she instructed him.

He nodded. After awhile, she wrote down her observations onto his file.

"Lift up your shirt." she said.

"Excuse me?" Yunho blurted.

"Lift up your shirt." she repeated.

Instead of just lifting up his shirt, he unbottoned it and smiled. Rolling her eyes, Jeong-Ah proceeded with her examination. Roaming her hand on his flat stomach, she decided to press on it making Yunho yelp in pain.

"Ouch!" he cried.

"Sir, have you been drinking? Or not eating?" she questioned.

"What's with the formalitites?" he asked.

"Just answer the question." she replied.

"Well, yes, I've been drinking often these past few months and I eat at least once a day." he truthfully said.

She sighed. "The reason why you don't feel so well is because you haven't been eating correctly."

Changmin chuckled which earned him a glare from the leader.

"Are you depressed?" she asked.

Taken aback by her question, Yunho didn't answer.

"Do you take IV shots when you're tired?"

He nodded.

Jeong-Ah sighed and said, "I'll write you a prescription that will help your stomach a bit. Just make sure you eat."

"Okay." he said.

"Idols these days. Not caring about their health and getting IV shots." Jeong-Ah mumbled before heading out of the room to do some paperwork.

***

"She's changed." Changmin said after his noona left the room.

Yunho sighed. "And it's my fault."

"Who's Changhyun?" he asked.

"The son." Yunho bluntly said.

"Oh~"

Just then, Jeong-Ah walked pack in with some papers in hand. She stood in front of Yunho and showed him the papers.

"This first packet tells you about how you're doing. This paper is the prescription for your medication and the other one just gives you information on what you should do to stay healthy." she said. "Do you have any other questions?"

"Are you single?" Changmin asked.

"That's for you to find out." she said.

There was a knock on the door and a man went in.

"Jeong-Ah, we're here." the man said.

She smiled and turned towards the door.

"Omma!" the little boy cried and ran towards her.

"Changhyun, you're here." she said giving him a hug. "JaeJoong-oppa, are you ready?"

He nodded.

"JaeJoong-hyung..." Changmin mumbled.

"Ah, maknae! How are you?" JaeJoong asked, smiling brightly at the now matured maknae.

Without a warning however, Yunho punched JaeJoong hard.

"What the-" Jeong-Ah shouted. "Yah! You , this is a hospital. You. Are. Stupid."

She glared at Yunho then turned to JaeJoong and  looked at his wound.

"Are you okay?" she softly asked him.

He nodded.

"Wash your face." she said pointing to the sink.

He listened to her and washed himself.

"A-appa." Changhyun mumbled, tears in his eyes.

Jeong-Ah lifted him up from the ground and carried him in her arms.

"Appa is fine." she said to him. "Did you forget I'm a doctor?"

Changhyun smiled. "Omma loves appa so she cares for him a lot!"

She smiled.

"Uhm... is it alright if we join you two?" Changmin asked.

JaeJoong wanted to say no but he couldn't deny the fact that he missed these two.

"Yeah." Jeong-Ah said. "Changhyun, say 'hi' to Uncle Changmin and Uncle Yunho."

"H-hello Uncle Changmin! H-hello Uncle Yunho." Changhyun said.

Changmin smiled. "He's so cute!"

***

"Mommy! This is yummy!" Changhyun said with his mouth full.

"Sweetie, don't talk with your mouth full." Jeong-Ah said.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Changmin asked  her. "In private?"

"Huh?" she asked.

"Come on, we haven't seen each other in years noona." he pouted. "Please?"

She nodded.

"I'll be right back." she said to JaeJoong and kissed Changhyun on the cheek.

The two nodded. Yunho then looked at Changhyun and JaeJoong who ate their food in silent.

'They don't look like each other.' Yunho thought. 'Changhyun doesn't even look like Jeong-Ah now that I think about it...'

"How are you?" JaeJoong asked, breaking the silent.

***

"He's not your son is he?" Changmin asked Jeong-Ah referring to Changhyun.

She shook her head. "No."

"He's not JaeJoong's either right?" he further asked. "The kid looks nothing like you two."

"He's not. He's adopted." she said.

"Adopted?"

[Flashback]

"Dr. Park, she's lost too much blood." the nurse told Jeong-Ah.

"Don't give up!" Jeong-Ah yelled. "She can't die yet."

"I-I can't!" Han Hyemi cried. "Jeong-Ah, I can't."

"Hyemi, you can." Jeong-Ah encouraged her friend. "Don't give in."

After five more minutes, the baby was finally born.

Hyemi sighed. "I know I won't make it to see him grow up."

"Hyemi-ah." Jeong-Ah sadly said to her friend.

"But if it wasn't for you, my son wouldn't be brought to life." Hyemi said putting a hand on her friend's. "Please take care of him."

"Unnie."

"Please..."

"Unnie! No! Don't go yet!" Jeong-Ah cried. "Unnie!"

[End of Flashback]

"Hyemi is gone?" Changmin asked, his voice cracking. "The Hyemi I always teased back in high school?"

Jeong-Ah nodded. "Her husband passed away a few months before Changhyun was born."

"I had no idea." he muttered. "How did you two contact each other again?"

"I met her again through my friend, David. You know David Choi from ISA?"

Changmin nodded.

"Yeah. They're cousins."

"Oh my gosh."

"Changmin-ah, please don't tell Yunho."

"But noona..."

"Promise me, you won't."

"He'll eventually find out."

"But Changhyun is used to calling JaeJoong 'appa' already. Although I can't love JaeJoong whole heartedly, I can't take Changhyun away from him." she reasoned.

Changmin nodded. "I promise. But tell me, did you name him Changhyun or did Hyemi-noona name him that?"

"I did. Why?" she replied, grinning.

"You named him after me and Sang Hyun didn't you? Your two best male friends."

"Maybe." she said, laughing.

Changmin smiled. "I missed you noona."

"I missed you too, you food monster."

***

"He knows?" JaeJoong asked.

"Just Changmin." Jeong-Ah replied as she turned to back seeing Changhyun playing with his toys happily. "For some reason though, as long as Changhyun is here, I'm happy regardless of whether I'm with you."

"Does that mean, I have a chance?" he asked with a smile on  his face.

"Well, I can't take Changhyun away from you since he's used to your pressence." she said. "He even calls you 'appa' for crying out loud!"

JaeJoong laughed.

"Maybe." she said. "Just maybe you've won a bit of my heart."

He smiled.

'And hopefully that one bit will turn to your whole heart.' he thought.

***

"So they're not married?" Yunho asked Changmin.

"Nope!" Changmin replied.

Yunho sighed in relief. "Then I have a chance..."

"You can't take the poor kid away from JaeJoong!" Changmin shrieked.

"He doesn't even resemble the two!" Yunho defended. "Why does it matter?"

"But he's used to both their presence! He even calls Jeong-Ah 'omma' and JaeJoong 'appa'. You can't just step into the picture and want him to call you 'appa'!" he said in disapproval.

Yunho groaned. "Damn it!"

"Hyung, you've done enough damage to Jeong-Ah." he said. "Let it go."

"Look, I was wrong thinking Seonghwa could make me happy okay?" Yunho said. "I was just so upset after our breakup that-"

"Mr. Yang even told you guys to wait two years after Jeong-Ah's debut!" Changmin yelled. "She waited for you but you were too desperate to be in a relationship that you lost her. ing it up and deal with it. Do you know how much she cried after you told everyone you were dating? She cried almost every night! You know what? You don't even deserve her! I hope JaeJoong-hyung marries her."

Yunho stared at the maknae in surprise.

"I'm going to bed. We have an early schedule tomorrow." Changmin said and made his way to his room. "Good night."


VERY LONG CHAPTER... O____O;; LOOL!

gofanfic - I hope this chapter answers your question! :D

myfishyx - Hopefully you understand everything now. Sorry if it was really confusing l: