Surprises.

Beneath The Surface

Dara's POV

Its been months since our sleepover... It has now progressed into winter and all around me the motions of christmas are beginning. I just finished school for now. I'm entering winter break at the moment. Chaerin and I have been good since the sleepover. We hang out more at lunch under the watchful glare minzy sends our way every once and a while. Chaerin hasn't spoken of any plans for the break sigh maybe I'll end up spending it alone. I'm currently at home sitting on the curb outside my house. I watch my neighbors try to teach their son how to ride a bike. I laugh every once and a while out of the cuteness of the family. What a lovely family, so happy. I smile. I hear loud rap music in the distance. Over time it approaches and becomes louder. Immediately I smile as I notice the source of the sound. I see Chaerin's lamborghini cruising toward my house with the blinding headlights on. The wind blows softly and the sun begins to set as Chaerin steps out of her car. Chaerin stands next to her car with her deep black shades on.

"Are you coming or what?" Chaerin walks to the side door and opens it for me. I look up at her confused but I start to move toward her car anyways. I hop in and close the door.

"You're in luck today shrimpy! We have a real fun night planned!" Chaerin smiles wide and starts the car.

"Uh, Chaerin? I don't know I didn't have a chance to tell my mom about this since its so spontaneous and all." I glance nervously at Chaerin.

"Don't worry about it Shrimpy, I told your mom already!" Chaerin smiles opening the sun roof. I laugh and marvel Chaerin's elusiveness. We drive in a comfortable silence heading for an unknown destination. It isn't until I see a ferris wheel that I realize where we're going. My voice can barely contain my excitement.

"Chaerin are we going to an amusement park?!?" I glance quickly at her.

"That's right Shrimpy it's great isn't it?" Chaerin points to the view of a grand lake with lights reflecting off it's surface. The lights dance on the surface creating a beautiful scene.

"Oh Chaerin...It's beautiful thank you for bringing me!" I almost have tears in my eyes, no one has ever been this kind to me before.

"I thought you might like it" Chaerin chuckles, god do I feel like hugging her. We reach the parking lot and step out of the car. Chaerin notices me shivering and reaches into her backseat withdrawing a very expensive coat.

"Here, put this on it's gonna get quite cold". She also tosses a pom pom beanie at me.

"Are you sure Chae? These clothes are probably worth more than my life, I don't want to ruin it.." I hold the clothes cautiously.

"Don't worry about it Shrimpy they're old anyways" Chaerin helps me put on the coat and beanie. Her clothes carry the distinct smell of Tom Ford's Black Orchid, the smell of Chaerin hehe. Chaerin also puts on her own coat and beanie. 

"Ok c'mon lets go!" We walk together almost in a dash, making our way to the admission corner. Chaerin skips the stands and heads straight for the entrance. Apparently Chae has already purchased the tickets. How long was sneaky Chae planning this? Embarassed at the thought I follow Chaerin into the park. Immediately I am swallowed by the festivity of the park. Twinkling Christmas lights are strung from very beautiful trees. People walk along enjoying their funnel cakes and hot cocoa. Lover's sail across the lake releasing sky lanterns into the sky. Floating candles hover among the lake. Children mindlessly play carnival games growing frustrated by their lack of oversized stuff animals. Chaerin and I stand marveling the intensity of it all. 

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Chae turns to look at me.

"It is." I turn and smile at her, for a second under these lights I feel as if it's just us. I almost feel as if Chaerin is blushing. I feel myself blush as I turn away from her.

"So where to first Chae?" I hop around a little very excited to embark on a fun adventure.

"OMO!" Chaerin yelps and runs over to a carnival game. I waltz over and notice immediately why this stand called her. Rilakkumas of all sizes were given as prizes. They even had rilakkuma onesies. 

"I want the onesie Dara!" Chaerin glances at the onesie with longing eyes.

"Do we dare play miss Chae?" I give her a devilish grin.

"Oh you're on Dara!" The game we play against each other in involves squirting water into a clowns mouth ultimately filling a gauge. 

"Ok Ladies are you ready?" The worker at the stand looks at each of us. We both nod in a determined state of mind.

"GO!" I immediately begin aiming at the clowns mouth. I begin to hear Chaerin cursing under her breath. 

BING! BING! BING! I have sucessfully won and look over at Chaerin who's wondering how she lost.

"What prize will it be miss?" I point at the onesie. 

"Ah ok here ya go!" I take the onesie thanking him. I walk over to Chaerin and hand it to her.

"Here ya go Chae'" I smile handing her the onesie.

"No but you won it fair and square" 

"This is my gift since you took me here and have paid for everything up until this point. Let's be real you've seen my room I have enough Kkuma's at home" We both laugh and she marvels her gift happily. 

"But I get to chose the next item on our list! Lets get on the roller coaster!" I grab Chaerin's arm rushing her towards the roller coaster.

"Slow down shrimpy! I'll drop my onesie at this rate!" Laughing I take her onesie and put it in a container bin. 

"Put your stuff in here Chae!" I wave eagerly motioning her to put her stuff in. Chae takes like 20 minutes taking off every single piece of jewelry on her hands. She also removes some of her gold chains.

"No way in hell I'm bout to drop that on the ride!" Chae locks up the stuff and we aboard the ride. I sit next to Chae in a rather tight cart. 

"Omo these cars are so tiny!" Chae looks around noticing others struggle too.

"C'mon start the ride, start the ride!" I bounce up and down too enthusiatic and excited. Finally the ride starts and I glance at Chaerin. We begin ascending up the roller coaster. Chae says nothing but looks on cooly awating what is to come. We reach the top and as we are about to drop, Chaerin lets out a great yell. Joining her I scream my heart out. The camera snaps a surprise photo of the two of us. The ride slowly comes to a stop and with our hair in a mess we get off. Chaerin flatens my hair out and takes our beanies out of the container. She puts it on me. I wait for Chaerin to put on her jewelry. We walk over to the photo booth where Chaerin laughs her off.

"HAHAHAHAH SHRIMPY LOOK AT YOU!" I look not surprised by what I see. I look like I'm crazy with my eyes fully open and mouth parted widely. But then my eyes wander to Chaerin and I laugh hysterically.

"HAHAHA oh Chae like you're any better!" I point out her tounge being out and her eyes squeezed shut. Chaerin ends up buying a copy for each of us.

"Memories" Chaerin says as she looks at it some more while we walk away from the booth.

"Ok, where to now Chae? It's your turn to pick!" 

"Hmmm ok, I choose that!" She points at the ferris wheel.

"Ok let's go!" The ride doesn't have much of a line and we board in a couple of minutes. The ferris wheel has little box compartments where we enter we sit facing each other.

"Wow Chae the view is really nice!" I glance out the glass wall. 

"I think the fireworks will start soon! Then it will really look nice!" Chaerin takes her phone out.

"Let's take a photo Shrimpy!" We pose for a cute selca together. We look like little bundles of warmth in our coats and beanies.

"Listen Chae thank you everything tonight, it was perfect" I give Chaerin a warm smile and it is returned. As we look at each other the fireworks begin to go off. The fireworks make colors illuminate onto Chaerin's face. Suddenly she grabs my hand.

"Shrimpy..." She gulps and stares down. I wonder what is happening when suddenly Chaerin grabs my face and pulls me into a kiss. Her lips are so soft and she smells so heavenly. I find myself returning her kiss. Wait am I gay? I had never put any thought into this. But then again how can I know that my feelings for Chae aren't just the ones I feel for any friend? I pull away putting a hand on my lips.

"Oh um I'm sorry" Chaerin glances nervously.

"No, No I'm sorry Chae it's just, I have never fully considered my uality. What if what I felt just now is the same if anyone else did it?" 

"Well what did you feel Dara?" 

"I felt happiness, it felt like butterflies in my tummy. The intensity was so sharp. Theres no real way to describe it"

"That's how I feel too Dara" Chae gives me a small smile. In that moment with fireworks going off around us I felt something so deep, so profound. May I call it love? Do I dare call it love? I don't wait to find out. 

"Help me figure it out Chae" I pull her back into me as my lips crash with her. Chae stares bewildered as she gets pulled in but immediately holds my face gently in her hands. We exchange gentle kisses occasionally staring into eachother's eyes. The night swirls in my head and hearing the defying sound of the fireworks overhead. I get drunk off Chaerin's lips as she kisses me long into the night.

 

*A/N* WOOT WOOT! Hey guys I am back to give you this glorius chapter! As the title describes did you enjoy my little advancement? Chaera serving up something real today hahaha. Anyways upvote or comment what you guys think. I value all your comments! Thank you for reading as always and waiting for your authornim to return from a hiatus! Have a nice day everyone! ^__^