Black.

Beneath The Surface

"Mmmmm..." I wake up rubbing my eyes to an unfamiliar room. I search around in fear, oh that's right I'm at Chaerin's house. Wait a second, I look over the bed barrier and dicsover I'm alone. Where is Chaerin and most importantly what time is it? I look out the window and it seems like it's noon. ! I quickly scramble to grab my clothes and I run to the bathrom. As I run in I crash into Chaerin brushing her teeth. CHAERIN! 

"mmm" Chaerin mumbles as she continues to brush her teeth.

"What the Chaerin! We're really late for school!" I angrily stare at her. Chaerin rinses .

"Yeah I know isn't it great? school why bother?" Chaerin shrugs her shoulders and ties her hair up into a messy bun.

"WELL NOT ALL OF US ARE FILTHY RICH!" I slam the bathroom door as she exits. Damn.. who does she think she is? I can't believe she would let me oversleep. I will make you pay Chaerin.I exit the bathroom after changing and adjusting my hair.

"Take me to school this instant!" I grab my backpack and stand before her.

"Sigh... it's a shame I don't know where my beloved car keys are. I gave them to Mr.Kim remember?" Chaerin is laying down on her bed with her arm behind her head delivering her signature look. 

"You know what, fine then I'll walk to school." I storm out of her room down an unfamiliar hallway.

"You don't know how to get home remember what makes you think you can find the school?" Chaerin calls after me and her laugh resonates in the halls.I'll show you Chaerin. I walk through an endless maze of rooms until I finally reach the entrance to her house. I open the door and walk down the extensive stair case. I look around one last time and them I start towards the direction I had seen the city. Furiously I quicken my pace. I cannot believe I am late to the 2nd day of school. What will my teacher's think? Valedictorian late? Huh what a joke. I walk for a while before realizing its hopeless, I can't make it in time, it was a long trip just driving here. There's only an hour left in the school day, C'mon dara keep moving forward. I will myself to keep moving when I hear the an a car racing towards me. I see a black Lamborghini coming towards me. The car stops abruptly and Chaerin climbs out wearing a black on black outfit.She has her blonde cascade of hair tighly wound in a bun. Her sunglasses gleam in the sunlight. 

"Ahh shrimpy you've come pretty far. Oh dear, you'r sweating horribily..." I look at my shirt drenched in sweat.

"..how revolting" Chaerin grumbles.

"Hop in." Chaerin orders me into the car and then hops back in. This is my first time riding in a luxury vehicle, the hummer was nice but this is even better. I touch the dashboard before Chaerin barks at me.

"Look but don't touch Shrimpy! Can't you see your already sweating all over my seats?" Although I can't see, I can feel Chaerin's eyes piercing through me.

"Ok, but why did you come back for me?" I ask quietly.

"Don't be foolish, I didn't come for you. I was going to school to remind you of our deal. I can't be cheated out of our deal, if you talk to Minzy while I'm not around. I just happened to find you here. I pity you Shrimpy that's why you're here." Chaerin says no more and races towards school I take this time to memorize the route in case I come back. Arriving to the school grounds Chaerin stops me before I hop out. 

"Remember." She removes her sunglasses and narrows her eyes at me.

"I slowly nod my head." How could I ever forget? 

I enter the gates and head towards the attendance office.I get my detention slip and make way to class. Great, detention for being incredibly late. Stupid Chaerin, stupid! stupid! I am startled when I walk into class.

"Ahhh Ms.Park you've come to join us while there's only 20 minutes of class left.." Mr.Song looks at me with a look of disappointment.

"Might as well should've stayed home." I feel myself blush with embarrassment as I take a seat. The rest of the class cruises by quickly. I've learned nothing. After class ends Minzy chases after me...Oh no.

"DARA! HEY! Wait up!" Minzy catches up to me and I stand paralyzed.

"Dude, where were you last night? I called you like 5 times!" I continue to stare at Minzy.

"Hello are you even going to say anything?" Minzy begins to hug me and I see Chaerin in the hallway looking at the scene. Chaerin makes a X sign with her fingers and shakes her head. What do I do? I push Minzy off me and she looks startled.

"Don't touch me anymore, you and I? Ha, You and I aren't friends anymore ok? So just leave me alone!" I storm off while Chaerin smiles and slowly claps her hands obviously pleased with my performance. Chaerin rounds up her squad and leaves.

"Dara wait! Is it something I said? Something I did? Please tell me!" Minzy's calling after me as I storm off, I can tell she's crying. I'm sorry Minzy forgive me. I quickly enter the girl's bathroom and enter a stall. I slide down the length of the wall and place my head into my hands. I begin to cry occasionally whimpering. Just as soon, a loud loquacious girl named Park Bom walks in, I recognize her she hangs out with Chaerin. And soon enough Chaerins squad walks in. Bom and Chaerin are busy cracking jokes as they apply their eyeliner. Bom turn her head towards my stall and listens curiously. Bom walks over and kicks the door open.

"Well, well, well... look who we have here... What's up Shrimpy? Hey Chaerin look who I found it's the loser valedictorian! Aww is the little itty bitty loser girl crying? Bom suddenly pushes my head back and takes her liquid eyeliner out. I struggle to take my head out of her grip but she is much stronger than I. I feel her writing on my head after she finishes she holds a mirror up to my face. I read the word "Loser!" across my forehead. 

"So you never forget ok?" Bom laughs and winks at me while she exits the stall. 

"Anything else we should do to her CL? Give her a swirly while we're here?" Bom looks at me anxiously.

"No, just leave her. C'mon let's go." Chaerin looks at me spinning the eyeliner in her palm. She laughs as her crew departs. I curl my legs up to my chest and cry. What have I done? What have I done?...

*A/N* Omg this story is even making me excited! Thanks for all the support and love! Love you all!