Different.

Beneath The Surface

"What they don't tell you about research is.. you always find something you did not expect before..."

My teacher's words always linger with me as I wander the halls of school. Yes, it's true. I've learned so much about Chaerin in such a short amount of time. Can anyone truly see how long half a year has played a toll on me. I, Sandara Park, went from dorky girl to a more adventurous Dara. A Dara who lost her ity, a Dara who is apparently biual, and most importantly a Dara that fell in love with whom I considered the devil. I get lightheaded at times with these thoughts, half a year can truely change someone. You just have to know where to look. At this instant I feel a pair of hands slide around my waist and a pair of lips kiss the back of my neck. Ah, Chae, you always have perfect timing.

"Good Morning..." Chaerin is basically purring in my ear. She gives it a little nibble and I laugh.

"Chae no! We're at school please.." I spin around to greet her and kiss her hungry lips softly.

"Learn to be satisfied you hungry little lion" Chae smirks and seems to accept this.

"How can anyone stay away from you? I am like a planet caught heavily inside your orbit, I'd do anything for you" Chae holds my hands softly caressing them with her thumbs.

"What are you some form of hopeless romantic? And if you love me like you say then please refrain you lion" I place my index finger on her nose and press it just a little. I can do the simplest actions and Chaerin will never falter in her gaze towards me. This is what love looks like. This is how it's meant to feel. I step in to kiss her before departing her.

"Will you join me for lunch later?" Chaerin speaks quietly.

"Of course" I kiss her again and head off to my ASB class. I'm really not certain why I chose ASB for my elective since I don't really care too much about dances or pep rallies. But whatever, looks even better on my college application. This class is unforgiving in it's nature apparently since Minzy also has it. Minzy and I, have already established we were in no way friends. I deserved what I got I truly do. What I did to minzy was wrong. On many attempts to apologize she refused to hear me out. But I have never been aggressive towards her. I like to tell her nice things when I can even if she does reject them. We're sitting down waiting for the school announcements to blare from the overhead intercom. Without delay they begin and a local peer leads the announcements.

"Good morning everyone! It's your senior class president here Kwon Jiyong! Anyways folks first on our announcements is the safe workshop which will be held after school today. Please attend if you would like more information how to prevent you or a loved one from contracting STD's or becoming pregnant. Alrighty next, for the black lamborghini in the student lot that has been parking in the red zone again a tow truck is coming to retrieve it"

Clearly everyone knew who that car belonged to and giggled including myself. At the same moment a figure runs through the hall with a voice I recognize all too well.

"SHIIIETTTTTTT" Chaerin zooms past our open door on her way to her car. This causes a moment of laughter among our class before we realize the announcements are still running.

"Lastly and perhaps the most exciting news for today. I am pleased to announce that PROM 2016 has arrived! Pre-sale tickets can be bought today! Make sure you buy them while you can they're guaranteed to go out quick! This concludes announcements for today have a great day!"

Prom? I had never thought of prom before, I was not asked last year. But now that I have Chaerin...maybe she'll ask me?

The professor scurries into the room almost out of breath. "Should have known Jiyong was gonna butcher the announcements yet again. He didn't even announce prom court nominees. Let's see.. Sandara can you go hand this to the office to read quickly go,go,go!"

Without really a choice I take the closed envelope up to the office.

"Um excuse me if Kwon Jiyong is still here can you have him read this?" The attendant takes the envelope.

"Yeah of course he was just about to leave but this seems important. Thank you for bringing this!"

I smile and turn to leave not thinking much of it. Lazily moving through the halls I hear Jiyong go back onto the intercom.

"Ladies and Gents seems I've missed an announcement before and an important one at that. It is time to reveal who is this year's Prom king and queen nominees. Let's do the the nominees for king first shall we? Alrght the nominees for king are... Bobby Lee, Victor Lam, Kwon Jiyong, Tony Wright, and...(this can't be right)...Chaerin Lee."

I stop dead in my tracks.. uh chaerin? What the hell is going on?!

"Yes folks you heard it correctly there seems to be no error as recorded before. Explanations will arrive after I announce prom queen nominees. Without further ado your queen nominees are Minzy Gong, Park Bom, Sandara Park, Hyorin Kim, and Lee Hi. As before we seem to have a woman amongst the king category. Apparently for the first time we'll try to have an LGBT couple win both postions on our prom court. Regardless best luck to all in the running and make sure to prepare your campaign and students don't forget to vote!"

With that the halls go silent. I am nominated for prom queen and although Chaerin who is no boy is running for prom king. I don't quite understand why they wouldn't just call us both queens but I guess it is rather difficult when it comes to it isn't it? I don't quite know what to feel. I've never been this perplexed. I'm running against some enemies. Minzy will definitely try to win at all costs and Bom could care less but she'd try to win just to mess with us more than anything. I walk into the class and everyone stares at me. I just sit quietly until class is over.

Walking out into the parking lot to meet Chaerin, I am bombarded by people let and right. Apparently being the first of anything on campus has it's draw backs. I would say our school is very liberal for the most part. It was no secret Chae and I were seeing eachother. Yet it seems this has united the homophobic people of our campus to riot. Some of them who were not homophobic just seemed to be there out of jealousy. Mainly boys since they were angry Chae was mine and not theirs. Before they used to say I was not good for her or say I would never be able to "give it to her right". That's what happens when your girlfriend is insanely hot. I see Chae standing by her car and I walk over to her. The small parade still chanting things at us. To make a point I greet Chae with a kiss and this sends them into a fury. Before I can catch my senses I feel a wet sensation on my back. I see a girl holding a slushie in her hands.

"Sandara Park good girl gone bad huh? Give it up. We can't have an LGBT couple win this thing, it's not traditional. Haven't you ever heard adam and eve not adam and steve? You two were picked as a joke anyone with eyes can see that" I can see Chaerin getting angry. So I grab her hand and squeeze it to get her to calm.

Chae opens to speak, " You don't have to be an about this ok? We'll win this fair and square." The girl chuckles and drops the cup at our feet and leaves. Chae however runs to her and spins her around.

"Oh and if you ever mess with my girlfriend again I will make you sorry."  This girl is unphased and just looks Chaerin up and down. 

"Well then I guess you better lace up your gloves, I'll be seeing you in the ring sometime again" Chaerin gets very angry and I can see her considering smacking her. She looks back at me and I know she feels calmer. Slowly she walks back to me. 

"C'mon get in the car" She ushers me in and I can still hear the people say things to us. Chae gets in. At least the heavily tinted windows hide us from them. 

"Take your shirt off" Chae directs me.

"Right now?" I act a bit shyly.

"Nothing I haven't seen before and your shirt is very wet and sticky" Proving a good point I take my shirt off and sit in my bra. Chae still looks angry but also concerned for me.

"Look Dara I'm sorry all this is happening. I am used to this because of all the places I've been and all my other open relationships. But you have never been exposed to this yet. It can get pretty nasty. "

"No it's ok Chae, I expected this when I started dating you. I just wasn't sure to what degree I might face it" 

"Well if you want us to drop from these nominations we can. It doesn't mean much to me to be honest" Chaerin grabs my hand and kisses it. 

"No. We're winning this thing" Chaerin looks surprised and perplexed by my determined self. 

"Say it with me Chae, We are winning" Chaerin smiles and laughs.

"Ok alright then whatever my queen desires" Queen? That's new, I like that.

"You should keep calling me queen from now on" I poke chae in the shoulder in a loving way.

"Whatever you wish my queen" We share a small kiss.

"Ok together for real now, you ready?" I look at her.

"Yes" She's looking right back at me.

"We are winning!"  We say together in unison and laugh at the obstacles we'll face together. The crowd still roaring their insults. What's wrong with a couple of high school girls ready to shake up the scene. I hope you're ready for the clapback my rude entourage cause team Chaera is going to give it to you. Stay tuned. XoXo

*A/N* Hello everyone enjoy my short update! I know I know it takes forever for me to update. I am truly sorry but I am very caught up in academics and all types of other things so forgive me. Just know I will make it to the story's end! It's not how long it takes to get there, it's how you get there. It'll be great anyways comment and subscribe! also what would you like to see next or what predictions will u make?