Answers

Appearances Can Be Deceiving

It had been a week since the greatest prank of all years and while his friends spent it celebrating, Sehun hadn't been able to relax until he saw Tao heading torwards him. Before the boy had a chance to approach him, Sehun waved at him discreetly and pointed torwards the rooftop. It'd be best to speak somewhere no one could overhear.

Thankfully, Tao understood what the boy meant so he quietly turned around and started walking up the stairs. Sehun figured he should a bit before following him, just in case someone noticed them walking together.

"Dude, I still can't believed we pulled that off, it was epic!", Baekhyun shouted while clapping happily making Jongin sigh.

"Dude, I told you. Stop shouting! Sure, there's no evidence it was us but a confession from your loud little mouth would be just perfect", he scolded his friend and flicked his forehead. "But yeah", he added with a proud smile, "it was pretty epic".

If Sehun wasn't so absorbed in counting the minutes before getting up and heading to the roof, he would have noticed that Chanyeol was way too quiet for someone who gets excited over trivial things, like discounds on candy. But the thought of Tao, waiting for him, was too distracting to notice anything, not even Jongin asking him if he was alright.

"I'll be right back", he announced making the other three glance at each other, completely unaware of the situation.

His heart was beating faster with every step he took, eliminating the distance between him and the iron, rooftop door. And when he finally opened it and saw Tao glaring at him, Sehun was sure he was going to explode.

"I just wanted to let you know that there's nothing to worry about", Tao mumbled and Sehun thought that the shy way he spoke didn't match his appearance at all. Wasn't he supposed to be dangerous and strong? Because at that moment, Tao seemed more a quiet, shy kid than a bloody gang member.

"Yeah, thanks for that. But why did you help anyways?".

Tao looked at him, buffled by his question, for a while and eventually smiled. "I wanted to trash that office as well. When I saw you running in there before me I thought 'Oh I was too late' but in the end, I guess... I guess I still wanted to have a part in it".

"But why?". Sehun's questions were starting to get a bit too personal but he didn't care. He wanted answers and Sehun always got what he wanted. Except from that time.

"None of your business". Tao's smile disappeared and he was about to leave when Sehun grabbed his wrist. He wanted him to stay, to talk to him with his weird, high pitched voice because Sehun had just realised that the rumours were probably wrong about Tao. And without knowing why, he wanted to know the boy's true colours.

"What did you do with the cameras?", Sehun asked, in a desperate attempt to keep up the conversation.

Tao grinned and moved closer to Sehun. "Do you really wanna know?", he whispered in his ear and Sehun nodded because he felt like his voice would sound even higher than Tao's if he spoke.

The latter's grin was now wide and full of pride. He was obviously pleased with himself, like a kid who managed to beat everyone in a cards game or something. "Meet me tonight after midnight and I'll show you", he said and left Sehun standing all alone on the rooftop, trying to stop his blushing.

Did he really want another vandalism in such a short period of time? Wasn't it too dangerous? In the end, he decided it didn't matter because he knew that, deep inside, he was prepared to say yes ever since he saw him in the principal's office.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?", Baekhyun asked when he saw Sehun walking down the stairs. The break was about to end but Sehun was just going to skip class, as always. Without bothering to reply to his friend's question he looked around puzzled.

"Where is Chanyeol?". The tall, cheerful boy was no where to be seen. Jongin hieved a sigh and turned to Baekhyun.

"I think you should explain this", he said, "I have P.E. and I am not missing it again, especially not for this bull".

"What happened?". Sehun sat beside Baekhyun, ignoring Jongin who signed him that things were bad by making a move with his hand, like he was slitting his throat.

"Well, Chanyeol misunderstood something because, you know, he's an idiot but I guess it was also my fault and basically, he doesn't feel like talking to me anymore, even though I told him I was perfectly happy being his friend and-...". Sehun interrupted Baekhyun's monologue and run his fingers through his soft, chocolate coloured hair.

"Why don't you take this from the start? I can't understand anything".

Baekhyun looked really sceptical for a while, trying to find the right words until he finally took a deep breath and started over.

"Last night, I called Chanyeol and told him to come over and celebrate. You wouldn't pick up and Jongin was watching a movie with someone called Kyungsoo so Chanyeol was the only one available. Anyways, everything was fine until we started drinking and have you seen Chanyeol drunk? It's so weird. You'd expect him to shout a lot and laugh all the time but he's actually very calm, it's kinda-...".

"Baek, concetrate. What happened last night?". Sehun didn't have all day and knowing Baekhyun, he was able to just keep talking about Chanyeol's drunk behaviour.

"Yeah, right, anyways, he suddenly got all serious and I was drunk as well, so I didn't know what I was doing and-...". Baekhyun shallowed hard. "We kissed".

Sehun would have been surprised if he wasn't already aware of Chanyeol's big crush on Baekhyun. He knew way before Chanyeol told him, it was so obvious that the only person who hadn't noticed yet was Baekhyun himself.

"So", Bakehyun continued, "Chanyeol slept over because he was obviously too drunk to go home and I thought that he'd just forget the whole thing but the next morning, he actually believed we were together. I mean, sure, I kissed back but-...".

"Wait, wait. You kissed him back?". Sehun didn't see that one coming.

"Yeah but only because I was drunk, you know?". Baekhyun's attempt to defend himself sounded not only desperate but also, fake, making Sehun to smack his head.

"That's bull and you know it". Sehun seemed calm but an angry undertone was hiding in his eyes that shut Baekhyun up. "Now", Sehun added, "you'll go find Chanyeol and you'll apologise to him".

"But I didn't-...".

Sehun placed his finger on top of Baekhyun's lips, silencing him.

"You may not have the balls to accept your feelings and be apon about it like he did but you should be able to apologise to a friend", he said and then stood up, leaving Baekhyun alone to wonder what he could possibly mean.

Sehun wanted to be a good friend and make Baekhyun realise that he kissed Chanyeol back, not because of the alcohol but because he liked him as well. Their stupid love story was going back years and Sehun would do anything to finally see them dating instead of geting mixed up in pointless misunderstandings. However, a certain boy with dark circles and smug grin wouldn't let him focus on anything.

Unfortunately, all Sehun could think about was their pending adventure.