Dream

Appearances Can Be Deceiving

Complete darkness everywhere. Sehun was sitting outside the school gates while nervously checking his phone. Tao said after midnight, right? Well, according to his phone's screen, it was 12:01 and Sehun was already getting impatient. He couldn't understand why he was there anyways even though he thought it over again and again. And how on earth did he reach the conclusion that the rumours about Tao were false?

When they first spoke, Tao was about to trash the principal's office and the second time, he invited him to another vandalism. For all he knew, the tall, muscular boy was already destroying public property, what stopped him from being a dangerous gang member? No, Sehun shook his head. He can't be.

There's was this little voice in his head that kept telling him to turn around and leave, to forget about the cameras and more importantly, about Tao. But Sehun didn't move, not until he saw a slender figure walking torwards him. His mouth and lips were covered with a cloth that was tied around his head but Sehun would be able to recognise those slanted eyes anywhere.

"You need to cover your pretty face as well", Tao whispered and passed him another piece of fabric.

"Are you implying that your face is as pretty as mine?", Sehun said nervously, trying to conceal his trembling fingertips.

"Shut up, I'm gorgeous". Tao's reply made Sehun snort but the other decided to ignore it and tie Sehun's scarf around his neck.

"Okay, listen up", the black haired boy started saying while climbing the school gates, "the plan you had with your friends was kinda stupid. You risked too many for too little, I mean, exam papers? Come on, that's nothing".

"But everyone loved it!", Sehun protested, feeling like Tao had just told him something extremely offensive.

"Only because they didn't know about tonight's plan", Tao murmured and while Sehun was climbing the gates as well, he was sure that under his scarf there was that smug grin again.

They carefully ran to the front door and Tao took a key out of his pocket.

"Where the hell did you find that?", Sehun asked, wondering what kind of person could steal the school's keys without getting caught.

However, Tao didn't reply. "It's more efficient than a bobby pin, right?".

Once they were in, Sehun admired how different the school looked during the night. Everything was quiet, no giggles or students yelling, no teachers scolding them, just darkness and an eerie peacefulness. Tao gave him a can of red spray paint and laughed at his surprised expression.

"Let's do this", he said and started spraying the walls red while running through the corridors. Sehun was dumbfounded. Who was that person? How could he do this? Wasn't he scared? He shouldn't follow him, right?

Without wasting a second, he let out a tiny scream that sounded like an "okay" and dashed to Tao's direction while spraying everything in his way.

What was he doing? This whole situation didn't make any sense. But that didn't stop him. The two boys were screaming their lungs out, running and covering the whole school in red paint. Sehun smashed a window with the back of his can, making Tao clap in excitement.

"Nice!", he yelled and after smashing a couple of windows and doors himself, he grabbed Sehun's hand and dragged him in the principal's office. It was dark but Sehun could still see Tao's sparkling eyes. He shallowed hard as he felt the other's hot breath against his lips.

Tao pushed Sehun against the wall, making him scared for a second that he would lose his balance and fall down. They were both out of breath and when Sehun placed his hand on Tao's chest, he smiled at how fast his heart was beating. Not that he was any better.

"Don't move", Tao whispered and without giving him any further explanation, he leaned in and if it weren't for the two pieces of fabric on their mouths, they would have kissed.

"Okay". Tao seemed very pleased with himself. "That's enough", he said and dragged Sehun out of the office.

"Wait". Sehun felt like he was drunk, not on alcohol but on Tao's dangerously seductive eyes, his scent, his provocative grin. And as the effect of those started to wear off, Sehun was slowly realising the madness of their actions. "What was that?", he asked while the other was writing something with the red paint, right outside the office.

"A gift for the principal", the other said and smiled proudly. "Yeah, that'll piss him off".

"Piss him off? Is that why you-...?". Sehun was starting to feel lost. He could listen to Tao's words but he couldn't comprehend them.

The boy laughed and patted his head. "Yeah, why else? He's gonna be so pissed when he sees that footage, not knowing that we didn't actually kiss, plus look at this place. Now that's what I call a proper prank. And I couldn't have done it without you", he said and pointed at Sehun, "thanks".

That was the final blow. Sehun had never hit anyone before in his life but the punch that landed on Tao's face must have been pretty strong since it knocked the boy down.

" you", Sehun whispered and ran away, leaving Tao on the floor, eyes wide open from surprise. His blood was boiling, his head was spinning and he caught himself wishing that Tao would follow him, that he'd grab his hand again and they could continue like nothing happened but of course, that wasn't the case.

He stopped running only when he was blocks away from the school building. Breathing heavily, he let out a tiny scream and kicked the pavement. The night was a series of unexpected events and it had turned from epic to horrible in just one second. It was so confusing that Sehun had to sit in the middle of the street while clenching his fists and think things through once again.

It still didn't make any sense.

"What is wrong with me", he whispered and wiped the tears from his cheeks.

The next morning, the whole night was a bit blurry and Sehun actually thought he had dreamed the whole thing. That was possible, right? Everything had happened so fast and unexpectedly, it had to be a dream. But if it was a dream, why was he still wearing a black scarf around his neck?

When he arrived at school, the evidence assured him that last night was indeed, real. The corridors, the walls, everything was covered in red stripes. Some doors and windows were smashed and outside the principal's office, someone had written "Dad, I'm gay. Deal with it" in big, red letters.

While everyone was whispering and exchanging ideas on who could it be, Sehun's mind started working properly again. "Dad"...? Tao had written that, right? Without wasting a second, he took the black scarf out of his pocket and headed torwards the rooftop.

He had to find that troublemaker with the short, black hair and have a serious talk with him.