Confusion

Appearances Can Be Deceiving

Sehun spent the whole day looking for Tao but the boy was no where to be found. No matter how much time he wasted searching through the corridors and peaking into every classroom, he couldn't locate him, something that Sehun found extremely frustrating. Various questions started popping in his head. Was he the only one who wanted to continue what they had started on the rooftop? Wasn't Tao looking for him as well?

How can someone just disappear after something like that? At the end of the day, Sehun headed home deeply disappointed and not even Baekhyun's jokes or Chanyeol's reactions could cheer him up. Eventually, his friends gave up since he wouldn't answer any of their questions either and headed back home together, ready to enjoy their first date as a couple.

When Sehun opened the door of his luxurious apartment, he looked around hoping that someone had paid him a visit. However, the place was empty. Of course, Sehun snorted, who would come anyway? His parents wouldn't visit him without a two days notice and Tao-...

Now he was just being delusional. How could Tao be in his apartment? Why was he expecting such a thing? Sure, the boy had demonstrated many times that he can do some crazy but that was too much. I need to calm down, Sehun whispered to himself and after dumping his bag on the floor, he headed straight to the bathroom in order to take a shower. However, a buzzing sound from his phone stopped him halfway.

For some reason, his fingertips were trembling as he was opening the message from the unknown number.

I'm sorry for leaving. Something came up. We need to talk.

Sehun didn't have to ask to know who that was but something still puzzled him.

How did you get this number?

The reply that arrived only a few seconds later made him chuckle.

I'm Tao, the amazing and extremely handsome ninja. Nothing's impossible for me.

"He's so full of it", Sehun mumbled and grinned once again while typing his message.

Then come at my house in ten seconds.

The amazing ninja wants to change first. I'll be there in twenty minutes.

Without realising it, Sehun started to aimlessly wander around the apartment, wiping random stuff clean, arranging pillows and checking his reflection in mirrors and windows. What could he do to kill some time? His place was always tidy since he barely stayed there, he preferred sleeping over at one of his friends' houses, where people actually welcomed him when he walked in.

He didn't need to change either, his clothes were great, his hair looked just fine and as far as he could smell, there was no need to take a shower. So he decided to call someone who would be able to actually listen to him and give some serious advice. His fingers typed Jongin's number in a flash and when the boy picked up, he sounded out of breath.

"Yeah, Sehun, what is it?". Jongin seemed to be in a hurry.

"Is this a bad time?"

"Depends. Do you consider interrupting two people while making out bad or good?". Sehun could hear Kyungsoo's silent laughter from the other side of the line and he suddenly felt extremely uncomfortable. He wasn't sure he could reveal his guest's identity to his best friend, let alone his boyfriend.

"Yeah, that's definitely bad", he replied and after politely reminding them to use protection, he ignored Jongin who was wishing him to have a nice trip to hell and hung up.

In the end, he decided to lie on the sofa, hug a pillow and stare at the ceiling. He was trying his best to put his thoughts in a proper order so that the two of them could have a decent conversation when the bell rang. conversations, he thought while getting up in the speed of light, I'll just cut straight to the chase.

"You came early", Sehun said with a smile when he opened the door. He was pleasantly surprised to see that Tao was slightly different than usual. His black hair had obviously been styled and his fashionable, mostly leather clothes matched his silver, cross shaped piercings. He suddenly became very self aware and he wished he had at least changed his clothes.

"Your place is amazing", Tao gasped, looking around in awe. Sehun waved at him to enter and the extremely amazed Tao nearly tripped on the doorstep. No matter how cool he looks, he's always just an idiot, Sehun thought and giggled.

"What's so funny?". Tao was looking at him with his usual grin while sitting on the sofa that Sehun was previously daydreaming on. Of course he didn't bother to reply but he did sit extremely close to him so that their thighs would touch.

"How did you get my phone number and address?". The question was simple and straightforward but Sehun could feel the tension slowly building up between them.

"Dude, haven't you learned anything? I have access to all student records, thanks to my lovely father. It was ridiculously easy". Tao seemed to be proud of himself and Sehun would swear the boy was boasting about his ability to constantly decieve and steal information from his dad. It was pretty admirable but Sehun wasn't going to give him the pleasure of a compliment. Besides, in Sehun's mind, this amount af conversing was enough.

At that moment, he built up the courage to do what he desperately wanted to do all day. Sehun suddenly leaned torwards Tao and he felt their lips colliding. Without giving him a chance to complain or drive him away, he pushed him back on the sofa and got on top of him while passionately kissing his neck, lips and anywhere he could find exposed skin. He was nibbling on his bottom lip when Tao placed his palms on Sehun's chest and softly, pushed him away.

"We really need to talk", he whispered and his voice was even higher than the usual.

"Okay then", Sehun said and slipped his hand under Tao's black shirt, feeling his bare skin getting hot under his fingertips. "Talk".

Tao's hands pushed Sehun's chest away once again, only this time, it was stronger. "Sehun", Tao was basically pleading, "let's talk".

How could he say no to those eyes? Sehun groaned while getting off the boy's body and unwillingly sat next to him. "What do you want to talk about?"

Tao rolled his eyes. "The economy. What do you think?".

Sehun narrowed his eyes to show that he was thinking really hard. "Does it have anything to do with you, vanishing without any notice this morning?", he finally asked, pretending to be genuinely clueless.

"Well, are you a genius? Yes, yes it does", the muscular boy started to explain but Sehun sealed his mouth by softly kissing him again, not allowing him to finish.

"So", Sehun whispered and after cupping Tao's face, he gave him another a peck on the lips. "Where were you?".

"That's the thing", Tao mumbled and something in his tone made Sehun stop and slowly back off to take a better look at his face. He seemed kind of... guilty.

"I was with Kris".