Disappointment

Appearances Can Be Deceiving

Sehun thought the whole universe collapsed when he heard Tao's words. Kris? Wasn't that dude long gone? And what was Tao doing with him? Did they-...?

"What...?", he eventually managed to mumble. There was no way something had happened between them, right? But Tao's face started looking more and more gloomy as the silence continued and Sehun felt the need to stand up and take a deep breath.

"Oh my god", he whispered and turned torwards Tao with his eyes wide open. "Oh my god! Of course you were with Kris, of course you didn't like me. I mean, you nearly burnt the school down for that dude but you couldn't even wait five minutes on the rooftop for me. I'm such an idiot!", he shouted and smacked his own forehead, "How could I actually believe that you were interested in me, I was nothing but a way to piss off your dad to begin with!".

Sehun didn't know why he was so upset. It's not like they were couple, in fact, they barely knew each other but he still couldn't shake that feeling of betrayal. He thought the two of them shared something special, he had even been extremely secretive about it in order to protect him but in the end, it was all in his head. He wanted to either disappear or bang his head on a wall really hard. Actually, anything that would leave him unconcious for a long time would be just fine.

However, Tao's grip landed him back on reality. "Sehunah, please listen to me", he begged and Sehun wasn't sure if it was because of the nickname or the boy's teary eyes but he sat back down and tried his best to remain calm.

"Kris contacted me this morning, that's why I left school, I went to meet him and-... Wait, let me finish!", Tao rushed to add as soon as he noticed that Sehun was ready to throw another tantrum. "I had to meet him, you know? I needed to find out why he cut me off. And I did.". The boy took a deep breath before continuing. "You were right, it wasn't my dad's fault. It was just Kris, being an and getting with someone else for a while. But then they broke up and Kris said he realised he was a fool for leaving me and I-..."

Sehun waved at him to stop. He didn't want to listen anymore. He didn't want to hear how they got back together or how they spent their morning as a couple while he was looking for Tao the whole time, daydreaming and thinking about their unfinished make out session. But most of all, he didn't want to hear how sorry Tao was for misleading him, or how much he'd want them to become friends and pay him back for all his help. He didn't want to face any of that.

"I hope you are very happy together", Sehun growled and after grabbing Tao's shirt, he dragged him to the doorstep. "Now leave, go find your boyfriend".

Tao tried to protest by Sehun managed to open the door and push him out of his apartment, hoping that the tall boy would get the idea and leave. But he didn't.

"Sehun, you stupid , open the door!", Tao started shouting while furiously knocking, making Sehun seriously fear that he'd break the door. "Seriously, I'm not done yet!"

"You're one persistent dude, aren't you?", he shouted from the other side of the door and the knocking stopped. "I don't want to be friends with you, I don't want to hear about your touching love story and I don't want to see your ing face so leave!".

After saying all that stuff, Sehun stood still, holding his breath, expecting to hear Tao's footsteps slowly getting further and further away. But instead of that, he heard a tiny whisper from behind the closed door.

"Touching love story...? No, Sehun. I rejected him".

After a few minutes of complete silence, Sehun slowly opened the door to see Tao with his smug grin leaning against the wall.

"You what...?". The dark haired boy didn't answer, he just walked right back into the apartment and laughed with Sehun's puzzled expression.

"Man, I never imagined that you'd be so emotional, that temper of yours is truly amazing. You really need to learn how to listen to people when they are asking you to. I rejected him.", he repeated. Sehun was feeling completely lost. So his emotional breakdown was for nothing? Tao, who was obviously amused by this whole situation lied comfortably on his couch and streched his arms, flexing his muscles.

"So", he asked, "Shall we continue? I've said what I wanted to say". Sehun didn't know what to think anymore. Tao was lying on his sofa, practically asking him to kiss him. Did that mean they were together now? Were they a couple? Just like that?

Without wasting a second, he rushed to the sofa and pulled Tao into a deep kiss. Then, without any warning, he slapped him really hard but before Tao could complain, he gave him another kiss, forcing his lips to open so that he could properly taste the boy beneath him.

"You're quite the abusive boyfriend, aren't you?", Tao didn't seem hurt. On the contrary, his smile was wider than before.

"Shut up. It's your fault after all", Sehun said and forced the boy to stay still while he was starting to kiss his neck and collarbones. As his lips were moving lower and lower he could feel Tao's breath speeding up and when he reached just a little bellow his navel, a tiny moan made him smirk. Once again, he was in control of Tao's body and he loved it.

The other seemed surprised with his own reaction and he covered his mouth due to embarrassment, making Sehun push his hand away and acquire access to his lips. This time he didn't pull away immediately; Sehun switched from deep kisses to quick pecks and playful bites on Tao's upper lip, making his cheeks turn to a vibrant pink colour. Small smiles and giggles in between their kisses made Sehun feel like he was dreaming.

But that didn't stop Tao's hands from wrapping around Sehun's head, fingers grabbing his hair and pulling him closer, reminding him that this wasn't a dream. Their movements begun to synchronise, complimenting each other perfectly and before realising it, Tao was grinding against Sehun's body, arching his back like a cat and making Sehun feel hotter and hotter with every breath they took.

The awkward giggles stopped and the boys were now passionately exploring each other's bodies, sweaty palms sliding under clothes and pulling them off. Sehun was ready to focus on Tao's bare chest when his phone started ringing.

"What?", he answered out of breath. Who dared to interrupt them?

"Hey, Sehun! Are you okay, you sound exhausted!". Chanyeol's husky but enthusiastic voice was a huge turn off and Sehun fell on Tao's hanf body, utterly defeated. First Baekhyun on the rooftop and now Chanyeol, he was starting to believe that his friends were definitely not going to let him catch a brake.

"I'm kind of in the middle of something", he mumbled in an irritated tone, hoping that Chanyeol would, for once, take a hint and hang up. But of course, that didn't happen.

"Oh yeah? What are you doing?", Chanyeol asked and Sehun could hear Baekhyun laughing from the other side of the line and asking his boyfriend to pass him the phone.

"Yo, Sehun!", he shouted, loud enough for even Tao to hear, "Quit and come to Jongin's place We're gonna watch a movie!".

"I'm not-...", Sehun attemtped to defend himself and Tao started laughing.

"Your friends are funny", he said, something that Baekhyun unfortunately heard.

"Oh my god, Sehun, are you with someone? Shame on you, the only way to redeem yourself is to bring him along. Who is he?".

Tao deprived Sehun from the opportunity to answer. "I'm his boyfriend!", he shouted and after a few moments of silence, the line bursted in laughter and loud clapping.

Sehun hieved a sigh but eventually smiled as well. As much as he didn't want to admit it, hearing Tao introducing himself as his boyfriend made him extremely happy.