Danger

Appearances Can Be Deceiving

"So let me see if I got this right...", Tao said while putting on his shirt. "The short, loud one is Baekhyun and he's with Chanyeol, tall guy, huge ears, right?".

"Yeah, plus, he's super loud as well". Sehun smiled when he imagined those two yelling and laughing with Tao and asking him inappropriate questions to make him uncomfortable.

Tao headed torwards the mirror and started styling his hair with his fingers. "And the dark skinned one is Jongin. His boyfriend, Kyungsoo, is short and looks like he's plotting a mass murder all the time".

Sehun nodded, proud of the descriptions he had given. To him, they seemed one hundred percent accurate, something that made Tao snort without taking his eyes off his reflexion.

"Come on", Sehun whined and wrapped his arms around Tao's waist, giving him a back hug. "You look gorgeous, let's go".

"You ruin my hair, you pay the price, that's how it goes", Tao grinned but still the boy's head, as if he was a puppy.

"But you really are gorgeous", Sehun mumbled and buried his face in the other's neck, feeling like he could get drunk on his scent.

But Tao seemed determined to ruin the romantic atmosphere. "Are you sniffing me? That's kinda weird". His mocking wasn't intended to be hurtful but Sehun still felt a tiny sting of pain and as the dark haired boy was finally leaving the mirror to open the door, Sehun felt the need to elbow his ribs really hard.

"Ouch!", Tao whimpered and looked at his boyfriend utterly surprised. "What was that for?"

"You know what, I changed my mind", Sehun cringed. "You look like a trashcan".

They were merely standing outside Jongin's two storey detached house but the loud laughter and yelling made them hesitate before ringing the doorbell. Sehun expected Jongin's chocolate coloured head to appear but when the door opened, Kyungsoo was standing on the doorstep, piercing them with his usual, unsettling stare.

Without greeting them, he walked back into the house, leaving the door open for them. Sehun was never sure how to act around that person since he barely knew him but he was sure for one thing; Kyungsoo wasn't a prankster like Chanyeol and Baekhyun. So, when the short boy grabbed Tao out of the blue and pushed him into the living room, he had the element of surprise, to say the least.

"That's the boyfriend!", he announced to everyone in the room and after Jongin patted his boyfriend's head, he smiled at Tao, waving at Baekhyun and Chanyeol to shut up.

"Hello, we know you just arrived but please go at the convenience store with him", he said and pointed at Kyungsoo, "We're out of chips". And once again, Kyungsoo grabbed Tao's hand and pulled him outside the house before he had a chance to refuse or worse, escape.

Sehun was speechless. He expected his friends to be rude and nosy but certainly not that rude. "Did you just kick my boyfriend out of the house?", he asked in disbelief.

"Well, duh", Baekhyun answered, pushing Sehun to the centre of the living room. "How else are we going to interrogate you? Ah, don't worry!", he rushed to add when he noticed Sehun's annoyance. "Kyungsoo is getting information from Tao as we speak, you're both gonna spill your guts whether you like it or not".

"Okay, isn't this a bit too much?". Sehun was getting more and more angry as he heard Baekhyun's words. "I mean, this is practically a conspiracy ".

"Oh, please", Jongin snorted. "Dude, you were acting all quiet and secretive for days and then you suddenly get a boyfriend? How come you never told us about him? We always knew about your crushes but this was so unexpected, we didn't even know who that guy was before we saw him today. So allow us to feel a bit betrayed, to say the least".

"It's none of your business". Sehun's cold reply made everyone freeze for a few seconds until Chanyeol decided to hit the back his head as hard as he could.

"We're your friends, Sehun. You made us worried", he said and Sehun realised that the last time he had seen Chanyeol so serious, he had confessed to Baekhyun and got his heart broken. Eventually, he gave up and hieved a sigh. Privacy meant nothing to these idiots after all. But in reality, he didn't really mind. He was actually thankful he had someone to trust. He just to be extra careful not to reveal anything he shouldn't.

And so, he told them everything, from their first meeting to how they got together, leaving out just one thing, the night they broke into the school and destroyed everything. It was quite important but he couldn't share it with the others because it wasn't his secret to tell. Tao was the principal's son and Sehun knew he didn't like talking about it so he left out any parts that would make the others realise it. When he finished talking, he looked around the room, worrying that someone would call his bluff but that didn't happen.

"So he actually saved our asses, right?", Jonging finally asked. "How did he find the recordings?"

"I don't know, he won't tell me", Sehun quickly replied, hoping he wouldn't raise any suspicions and changed the subject. "Where is he anyways? Do you thing Kyungsoo pushed him in front of a car or something?"

Everyone laughed except from Jonging. "Why do you keep bashing my boyfriend? I don't get it".

"Well, he is kinda terrifying", Baekhyun giggled and patted Jongin's back. "But it's okay, as long as you find him cute".

Jongin was ready to chase Baekhyun around the house and beat the crap out of him when the door opened and Tao walked in with Kyungsoo, holding two bags of chips and popcorn in each hand. Sehun went to greet him with a peck on the lips, feeling like he finally had nothing to worry about only to realise that he was wrong.

"Sehun", Tao whispered and his worried eyes made Sehun's smile disappear. "Did you tell your friends about my dad?".

Sehun stared at him puzzled but he couldn't read his expression at all. What was going on?

"No. Why?"

Tao carefully checked if anyone was listening to them and once he saw that the others were too busy fighting over the food he leaned torwards Sehun and spoke as softly as he could.

"We have a problem".

"What is it?". Sehun wasn't sure how to act or what kind of problem they were about to face. Was his short moment of relief over already?

"Kyungsoo", Tao mumbled and Sehun's eyes widened in surprise. "He knows everything".