Start

Appearances Can Be Deceiving

Sehun stood still in front of the school gates, glancing left and right, scanning the streets for the tall, muscular silhouette. He had been waiting for more than thirty minutes now; he was getting quite tired and restless. After Tao's abrupt call he had ran like an idiot to their arranged meeting place, ignoring Kyungsoo's and Jongin's concerns.

He appreciated the fact that his friends were so thoughtful and he was especially grateful towards Kyungsoo for all his help but he wanted this problem to be solved as soon as possible. He simply couldn't wait any longer because his thoughts were getting darker and darker and he couldn't stand it.

He was starting to wonder why Tao asked him to meet in front of the school when his phone buzzed. Sehun nearly dropped it while trying to anxiously open the message.

Come to the rooftop. The doors are unlocked. Make sure no one is watching, maybe wait until it gets darker. I'm sorry.

Sehun read over and over again the last phrase. What was Tao sorry for? There was no way he'd wait any longer; he no longer cared if someone caught him sneaking into the school in broad daylight. He needed answers and he needed them now.

Without wasting another second, he climbed up the gates and ran as fast as he could into the school building, hoping no one saw him. He kept running as fast as he could through the corridors as the sun was slowly setting and when he reached the final set of stairs between him and the bulky, iron door to the rooftop he could barely breathe. But that didn't stop him from pushing it open with all his strength and face a fairly surprised Tao.

"Wow, that was fast", he said, "Did anyone see you?".

"I don't know", Sehun mumbled and for some reason, he felt angry. After all Tao had put him through, that's how he greets him? He felt the sudden urge to punch him again.

"You don't know-...?". Tao heaved a long sigh and pressed his fingers against his temples. "Sehun, this is important. How could you be so careless?"

"How could you cheat on me with your ex?". Sehun's reply made Tao freeze.

"What-...?"

"You ran away while I was right there. You could have at least broken up with me before doing anything. We didn't have a great relationship anyway, we've only been dating for what, three days?". Sehun wanted to shut his mouth because he didn't mean a word of what he was saying. In fact, his words were the exact opposite of what he really meant. But he couldn't stop.

"I get it", he continued, "You two have a long history together, of course you'd go back to him. I'm just a random dude you hooked up with because it was convenient, he's a whole other story, with feelings and stuff, I get it. But-...", Sehun swallowed hard, "You could have at least told me. Because to me, you weren't a random dude, I liked you and-"

Tao grabbed Sehun's chin and forced his lips upon the other's, making him unable to finish his sentence. Sehun was caught by surprise so, for a second or two, he didn't move, but once he realized what was happening, he pushed Tao away.

"What is wrong with you?!", he yelled, utterly shocked by Tao's behavior. "Why are you doing this?! Why don't you go back to Kris, he's your boyfriend now, isn't he?!"

However, Tao, instead of a reply, pulled Sehun into another messy kiss and when the latter finally punched him, he took a few steps back, breathing heavily. He felt something liquid running down his nose and when he lightly touched his lips he tasted the strong, metallic flavor of blood.

"Are you ing stupid?", he growled at the pale man in front of him. "Of course you're not just a random dude".

"W-... What?", Sehun mumbled, trying to read the situation.

"I wouldn't break into the school with just anyone, I wouldn't make out with just anyone and I certainly wouldn't introduce myself as a 'random dude's boyfriend'. But how the hell am I supposed to tell you what I feel when we've only been dating for a few days?".

Sehun blinked several times before finally realizing what Tao was trying to say. "So... You didn't want to scare me away?"

Tao snorted and his usual grin started forming on his bloody lips. "I like you so ing much, Sehun. I didn't want to lose you and I acted like an idiot. I'm sorry for that, I really am".

"I am sensing a 'but'...".

Tao giggled and wiped the blood off his lips with the back of his hand. "But, we're a mess. Look at a us. Our relationship has barely even started and we've been through hell with misunderstandings and-"

This time, it was Sehun's turn to grab Tao and smack their lips together, feeling the metallic taste on his tongue.

"Look", he said once he pulled back and he could feel Tao's heavy breathing on his lips, "We are a mess. But if you think about it, that's us. Even when we weren't dating, our lives were never calm and peaceful. And this is just the beginning, we still have so many to go through that even thinking about it makes me wanna puke".

Tao silently nodded and wrapped his arms around Sehun's neck. "Yeah, Kris still hasn't quite realized that we are over so-..."

Sehun placed his palms on Tao's cheeks, forcing their eyes to lock. "It's not just Kris, Tao, that's the real problem. It's your dad. It's my parents. It's our friends and their little dramas. It's everything. And to be completely honest with you, I don't know if we can last".

Tao grinned but his watery eyes gave his true feelings away. "I'm sensing a 'but'...", he whispered and Sehun smiled.

"But, I think it's worth the effort. Hell, I want this to work more than anything because I like you so much, more than I can ever explain, without even knowing why. And I need to know; are you with me?"

The boy's slanted eyes shut, allowing a tear to roll down his cheek and frame his beautiful smile. Yet again, Tao didn't reply; without opening his eyes, he leaned towards Sehun and finally gave him a proper, kinda sloppy but passionate, kiss.

"How's that for an answer?", he whispered.

"Magnificent", Sehun laughed, "But I need to hear you say it".

"Yes", Tao stated loud and clear, suddenly raising the tone of his voice, "I'll stand by your side and we'll face everything together instead of turning against each other. Even though I'll miss our legendary fights and your amazing punches".

"No worries", Sehun whispered softly into Tao's ear and slightly bit his neck. "We have a long way to go and I'll probably make you bleed again".

"Well then, I'm looking forward to it", Tao replied and rubbed his palms down Sehun's waist, approaching his jeans.

"That's a weird thing to say".

"Well, in case you haven't noticed", Tao said and gave him a peck on the lips, "We're pretty ing weird."

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's note: I know that the future of this story has confused many of you since I never gave a clear answer on what exactly I'm going to do. Well, here it is! I decided to make this a prequel for my next fanfic called "Love and Reality". I'd greatly appreciate it if you read that one as well and I want to sincerely apologise for all the confusion!

P.S. You don't have to read the sequel but it will help you understand the characters more, especially Kris. Just in case you were wondering what that cute potato was all about.