Games

Appearances Can Be Deceiving

Sehun was so close to Tao's face, he could feel his breath on his lips. He stared into his eyes and smirked when the boy under him shallowed hard and his cheeks turned a vibrant pink colour. He carefully approached Tao's lips, waiting for the boy to push him away but instead of doing that, Tao shut his eyes and stood still, as if he was welcoming the kiss. Sehun was finally going to taste Tao.

At that moment a yell made Sehun freeze.

"Sehun, are you up there, you little er? Did you see the principal's office?!". Baekhyun's loud stomping could be heard all the way from the stairs to the rooftop and it made the boys stand up and panic.

"You have to hide", Sehun whispered, just in case Baekhyun was close enough to hear.

"Hide where?!", Tao nearly screamed and that gave Sehun an idea. Without wasting a second, he ran torwards the door and shut it behind him as fast as he could, only to find himself face to face with an exhausted Baekhyun.

"Oh, so you were here! Why didn't you reply?", Baekhyun asked and wiped his sweaty forehead with the back of his hand.

"I, um...". Sehun hadn't thought this through. He had successfully hidden the fact that he was ready to make out with Tao but he didn't manage to think of an excuse. Thankfully, Baekhyun had the attention span of a goldfish.

"Not important", he said, trying to catch his breath. "You have to see this". Baekhyun grabbed his hand and once again started running down the the stairs, dragging Sehun along.

When they reached the front of the principal's office, among the several students who were taking pictures with their phones, they found Chaneyol and Jongin standing speechless in front of the graffiti.

"Who did this?", Chanyeol whispered, feeling both amazed and jealous. "How on earth did they pull this off?".

Sehun silently stood behind them, hoping the footage of him and Tao "kissing" wasn't leaked.

"If it's the principal's son, he could have easily found the keys and break in, right?", Jongin replied, unable to take his eyes off the red letters.

"I didn't know the principal had a son... Hell, I didn't know the principal's son was in our school! Who is this guy?", Baekhyun joined in the conversation, despite being out of breath. At that point, a red alert went off in Sehun's mind. He had to do something to disctract them or confuse them, otherwise they would find out about Tao in a second.

"Ah, I think I've heard something about the principal's son", he mumbled, making up the false rumour as he spoke. "Yeah, I saw him talking to the principal once, they were fighting. But he's not from our school". The others seemed a little disappointed with the news but Chaneyol's face lit up with joy just a few moments later.

"Wait... If he's not a student here then this prank doesn't count, right? We're still the best in this school!", he shouted, making everyone smack his head and shush him.

"Yeah, we're the best, but there's no need to yell it here", Jongin hissed and made everyone walk away before Chanyeol admitted to every prank they ever pulled in front of the principal's office. The three of them started speculating how the mystery boy pulled it off and whether he was alone or not but Sehun couldn't focus on the conversation for two reasons.

One, he knew exactly who did it and how he did it, since he was his partner in crime and two, he was growing more and more restless, thinking about Tao, being left behind on the rooftop, lying down on his own. He wanted to dash back up there and finish what they started but then, he caught a glimpse of a tall, dark haired boy walking down the stairs. Tao had just left without even glancing at him.

For 's sake, Baekhyun, he thought. You're my friend but right now, I ing hate you.

"So", Chanyeol's loud voice pierced though Sehun's ears, "the principal hates gays?". His question was completely unexpected and that caught Sehun's attention. Why was his friend smiling so brightly?

"Um... I guess...?", Jongin answered, just as surprised as Sehun. "Why?"

Chanyeol's goofy smile got even wider and you could tell he had something he really wanted to say from the way his pointy ears had turned red. "I was just wondering...", he mumbled while looking at Baekhyun. "Is that going to be a problem for us?".

Baekhyun let out a tiny scream and punched Chanyeol's ribs. "Why the hell-... What are you-... Shut up!", he said and Sehun's jaw dropped when he saw him blushing. He immediately turned to Jongin for an explanation but the dark skinned boy had the same, dumbfounded expression.

"No way", Jonging finally whispered and a wide smile appeared on his face when he saw Chanyeol nodding furiously. "You two? Seriously?!"

Baekhyun tried to ran away but Chanyeol grabbed his hand and after raising it, like he had won some sort of match, he shouted, "We are officially a couple!", which made many heads turn, some students laugh and others start clapping.

Sehun burst in laughter because no matter how many years he'd spend with them, he'd never get enough of Chanyeol's excitement and following Jongin's example, he started patting Baekhyun's head.

"Good boy", he pretended to praise him and messed up Baekhyun's hair, "you finally managed to make your brain work, good job!".

"See, even idiots like you two can find happiness!", Jongin snorted and Baekhyun kicked his knee.

"Yeah, since you managed to get a boyfriend, I figured everything's possible", the short boy hissed, waiting for Chanyeol to respond to the insults as well but the boy that was still holding his hand was too busy giggling and smiling at everyone around him, like he had discovered the cure for cancer.

"Oh, sorry", Jongin said, pretending to look around for someone, "I didn't hear you from all the way down there!".

Baekhyun was about to kick him again when a short boy with dark, brown hair and plump lips walking by caught his attention.

"Kyungsoo!", he screamed and the boy turned around startled. "Help me out here! Your boyfriend is abusing me!". Baekhyun's shouts made Jongin smack his head really hard but the boy named Kyungsoo didn't give them a reaction. He just kept staring at them with his big, round eyes until he finally mumbled "I trust my boyfriend's judgement" and walked away.

"That's just evil!", Bakehyun kept shouting, "Pure evil! Dude, why are you dating this guy?".

Jongin was laughing, obviously pleased with Kyungsoo's reply. "He's cute", he replied in the end, making everyone start mocking him about his tiny voice and sudden blushing.

Sehun was carelessly shouting and laughing with his friends like always and for a moment, he had completely forgotten about Tao and the principal. Everything in his life was calm and peacefull again (as calm as things can be with these guys for friends), just like the cloudy sky before a great storm.

But of course, at that moment, Sehun didn't sense the ominous aura of the days that awaited him.