Reality

Appearances Can Be Deceiving

Sehun was running as fast as he could torwards the rooftop because that was the only place he could think of. He didn't know Tao's classroom and if he approached him in front of everyone, rumours would arise. Of course, when he opened the iron door, no one was there but the boy swore to himself he'd sit there all day if he had to. He couldn't explain why but he was sure Tao would go there, sooner or later, and he wanted to make sure he'd have the proper welcoming.

Sehun sat down and rested his head on the wall, watching the clouds and hearing the students' voices until he felt his whole body relaxing. His eyes slowly closed and he soon fell asleep, something he hadn't been able to do since last night's extraordinary events.

"I knew you'd be here but I wasn't expecting you to be asleep". The soft whisper made Sehun stand right up. How long had he been asleep? Was it hours or minutes? He honestly couldn't tell.

"What time is it?", he asked while rubbing his eyes and the dark haired boy laughed at Sehun's dizzy expression.

"It is the year 2045. Science has, indeed, gone too far", he replied and after forcing him back down, he sat beside him, still laughing.

"Ha, ha, that's hilarious". Sehun wasn't in the mood for jokes but he couldn't help being cynical, it was practically in his nature. "Listen, we need to talk. Like, seriously, talk".

Tao's smile started to vanish as soon as he heard those words.

"I mean", Sehun wasn't going to give up, "You have some explaining to do".

"Okay, sure", Tao sighed and stared at the clear sky, avoiding the other's eyes. "Shoot".

"First of all, why didn't you tell me that we were trashing your dad's office? Hell, aren't you supposed to be a gang member?!". Sehun was genuinely confused and pissed off at the same time but his questions made Tao laugh harder than he ever thought he could.

"Me?! A gang member? How did you think of that?", he barely managed to say, wiping his tears and trying to calm down.

"Well...", Sehun mumbled, not sure what to reply. How did he think of that, really? It was solely based on rumours, he had never seen any actual evidence of Tao's gang life. But, then again, his looks did scream 'murderous criminal'. "Anyways", he finally said, in an effort to hide his embarassment, "That's not the point! What's up with you and your dad?"

"Well", Tao took a deep breath, "I guess you read my lovely message". When he saw Sehun nodding, he continued. "It's kind of a long story but hey, you asked for it. You see, I was dating this guy, Kris. We had been good friends for years and then, one night we just... Anyways, it worked out. However, my dad didn't approve either of Kris or of me, being gay. He didn't want me to hang out with him anymore. But he couldn't expel me because then, he wouldn't be able to keep an eye on me. So, he expelled Kris. After that, Kris had to move away in order to find a new high school and we managed to keep in touch for a while but last week, he changed his number and he...". Tao clenched his fists really tight and Sehun recognised that nervous lip biting, those wandering eyes. He was trying to hold back his tears.

"He cut all contacts with me. I lost him", he finally whispered. Sehun was ready was to place his hand on Tao's shoulder, maybe even hug him if that would help but just then, the boy's eyes lit up with anger.

"And I know", he growled, "I know my dad did something. I'm not sure how or what he did but it's his fault, I'm sure of it".

Tao punched the wall behind them with all his strength, making Sehun flinch. What was he supposed to do in a situation like this? He quietly shook his head. This was a very touching story but he still had questions and this time, he'd get his answers for sure.

"Why did you ask me to come with you? You could have found someone who knew about this whole mess, somone who wouldn't question k-... kissing you and... stuff". Sehun was starting to feel incredibly hot. "So... Why me?".

"Ah, that's easy", Tao smiled again. "First of all, you were in my debt so you wouldn't be able to refuse. Second of all, you're the only student here who, simply, doesn't give a about anything. My dad can't touch you so no matter what we did, he wouldn't be able to punish either of us".

"Just... Just because of that?". Sehun was speechless. That was the whole plan? Just two kids getting inside the school and ing things up? It was so... not meticulous. And for some reason, that made him laugh.

"What, why are you laughing?", the other asked, feeling left out.

"You're such an idiot", Sehun replied, unable to stop his laughter. "A real idiot", he repeated.

"Why?". Tao was obviously offended, something that made Sehun burst into laughter once again.

"Okay, well, please explain this to me; how on earth did smashing the whole school help you in any way? I mean, let's say that your dad really had something to do with that Kris dude cutting you off-...".

"But he had, it was his fault!"

"I wouldn't be so sure about that. I mean, you did so many things for that guy. You protested against your dad, almost got both of us expelled and what's the use? You still can't call and tell him. I mean, if this Kris was really worth it, wouldn't he have tried a bit more to reach you? How long has it been since you two last spoke?".

Tao hesitated but in the end he answered. "Two weeks".

"Two weeks?! Oh my god, you really are an idiot", Sehun shouted and stood up. He just couldn't believe he had wasted all that time with a heartbroken fool. "Tao, listen to me. That guy is probably humping another dude as we speak. Trashing the school was fun but doing it just for him? Wake up and move on before you plant a bomb or something, you crazy loser".

Tao let a few silent tears roll down his cheeks before showing Sehun his usual grin. "Yeah, you're right. A bomb would have been better". Sehun offered him his hand while smiling and Tao grabbed it, but instead of getting up, he pulled Sehun back down, making him fall on top of him.

"Punishment for talking to me like that", he whispered playfully.

"You do realise I'm the one on top, right?". Sehun was very aware of their awkward position but he didn't really want to move.

"I still managed to make you fall, didn't I?". The way Tao looked under him, feeling his every breath and move, teasing him with his words and that stupid grin of his, Sehun just couldn't take it. He took the black scarf out of his pocket and after placing it over Tao's mouth, he pressed his lips against it.

"Payback", he whispered, still lying on top of Tao's slender body.

"For what?". The boy didn't remove the scarf from his mouth but Sehun could still see his cheeks blushing.

"For teasing me". His breath got heavier as he leaned torwards Tao's lips again only to bite the scarf and throw it aside. "Now", he said in a voice lower than the usual, "It's my turn to tease you".