♂ Act I ✍ Chapter 2

Inkblots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two months after we began dating, your roommate, I do believe it was Ahri, who got kicked out of the house. What was the reason? I forget. Anyway, you and Hyemi, two broke university students, decided you couldn't possibly make ends meet. Parting ways, neither of you had any idea where you'd spend the night. Unbeknownst to me, you spent a whole week on the streets. 

You should have told me! You poor, proud soul. You never complained, were satisfied with only sleeping in secluded corners of a 24 hour restaurant, or the waiting room of a hospital. 

Of course, there wasn't much I possibly could have done. At the time I still lived with my family. My mother couldn't possibly bear the thought of her only son leaving her side. Still, I was always searching for a new adventure. I secretly started looking for a house of my own. I'd been saving up my money and staying at some friends' houses a lot to get my mother used to my absence. She had my sister anyway and besides, it's not like I was going to move across the globe. It would just be to another part of the city. 

When the actual time came to tell her I was moving out, she fainted. I got worried, and so did my sister, who was the only one at home at the time. Together, we carried her to one of the couches. We finally got her to come to, and when she did, she put her hands on my cheeks and told me she'd let me if I promised to live with someone trustworthy. 

Then began my search. My friends all had their own roommates, or lived with their parents. I even asked that kid Jongin to move in with me. He apparently had the next two months planned out though, every one week with a new girl. Unbelievable. So I was still stuck at home. 

It was my sister Yura who suggested I ask you. I told her you already had a home with two roommates. She said it wouldn't hurt to ask. So I dialled your home phone. Some girl picked up, it was neither Ahri or Hyemi. For a moment I wondered if you guys got a fourth roommate. I asked for Seulyoung, and she told me there was no Seulyoung at this place. 

"Well, what about Ahri and Hyemi?" I asked. 

"Oh," the girl said. "You must be looking for the previous group of girls who lived here. They moved out, I'm not so sure where they went." 

I thanked her and said goodbye. As soon as I hung up, I called your cell. "Hello." I said cheerfully. "What're you up to?" 

"Oh, nothing." you replied nonchalantly. "Just doing some homework, you know, at home." 

"Oh." That's when I realized that you probably didn't want me to know you weren't really at home. If you did, you would have told me. "Well do you wanna meet up? I have to talk to you about something." 

I heard your breath catch on the other end. Shakily, you replied, "Yeah, sure... Where?" 

"Do you remember when we first went out together, the first time ever? Do you remember that coffee house we went to? Do you remember where it is?" I asked. 

"Sure, I do." you said. "I'll meet you there." With that, we hung up. 

I smiled at my phone for a bit, kind of excited for our meet up. I was nervous to ask you such a question, but now that I'd found out that you didn't have a new place, I took it upon myself that you simply had to be housed. Being by my side was just an extra. 

"Hello." I greeted as I entered the coffee house. I took off my mittens and pressed my cold hands on your cheeks to warm them up. You squeaked at my icy touch. I chuckled at your reaction. 

"How're you?" I asked as I studied your appearance. Your dark brown hair flowed elegantly in the loose ponytail you had it in, reaching the mid-mark of your back. Your hazel eyes twinkled in the light and your light green eyeshadow made them pop all the more. I followed the shape of your face along the tip of your nose and then the outline of your jaw to your cute, subtle V shaped chin. 

"I'm okay, how about you?" Your eyes, I didn't fail to notice, looked me over as well, started with my freshly cut short hair, and my black framed glasses falling finally to my my-girlfriend-is-checking-me-out-again smirk. (You're picturing it as you read this, aren't you?) 

"I'm doing fine." I answered. I looked down at my hands, gathering my thoughts. You were always unpredictable, I had no idea how you would react to this offer. When I looked up, though, you had tears in your eyes. "What's wrong?" 

"You're going to break up with me, aren't you?" you asked as the tears fell. I stared at you, wide-eyed. 

"Of course not!" I had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter