♂ Act II ✍ Chapter 3

Inkblots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Seulyoung, 

I hate this place. It's terrible. I want nothing more than to come home. 

Last night, it was my shift to stay awake. They came from both sides. They tried to take over, but me and two other people fought back. The gunshots woke our teammates and together we managed to get them all. It was a small group, probably a tester. A few of us died. There was a boy, little over 18. Oh Sehun. He was one of us. He was still a kid!

Why are they so cruel, Seulyoung? Why are we so cruel? I never wanted to kill anyone, but now I'm forced to, or else they will kill me. Why does it have to be like this? Why can't we live in peace? 

I got my hands bloodied, Seulyoung. This war has done that to me. Years ago, if they told me I'd be killing at least five people a day, I wouldn't have believed them. Am I a bad person, Seulyoung? Commander Joonmyun tells me to shoot so I shoot. Does that make me a monster? 

I don't belong here, Seulyoung. I want to go home. I want this to be over already. I want to go home, Seulyoung. I want to see you, my mother, my sister, everyone back home. I want things to go back to normal. I don't want to kill another fly, let alone a person. 

Park Chanyeol

P.S. I received the package. Now I have two photos in my pocket and a tube of lip gloss tucked into my boot. My team mates did laugh when I first got it, but I think they're starting to feel jealous now. I love you. Thank you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter