♂ Act II ✍ Chapter 2

Inkblots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Seulyoung, 

I got the letter and the little camera you sent me! Thank you very much! I will make sure to take lots of pictures of the war. I'm sorry this letter will get to you late, we can only send one letter a month. That's why. Or else I would send you one every day! It's so that we can save the fuel it would take going back and forth. I heard a rumour that it's going to be cut down to one every two months. I hope that doesn't happen! But also it's rumoured that if we get the USA's support, we can keep sending one a month. 

Anyway, I wanted to tell you about this place. It really is no joke. Wars are harsh, I've always known that. But it takes being on the field to know how horrible it really is. I'd like to say it's obvious that we're going to win, but it isn't. We're pretty even with the North Koreans. They shoot once, we shoot once. It really is equal. I'm almost scared that if they step up their game, they could beat us. But I'm not going to give up just like that. This is my country, too. I refuse to let them take it over. 

There's hardly any free time. There's always a fear of "Oh no, they're going to find me." So we take turns sleeping. That's why I can't write so much. Right now, I'm in the trench, but even that's not safe. Bombs, drones, anything could come flying down from above us. Those Northerners like to play dirty and use cheap tricks. 

Your photo is still with me, even though it got a little damaged, it's okay. I can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter