Chapter VII

Against Ourselves

Jimin yawned as he sat up on his bed. He stretched his body contently and enjoyed the morning sunlight that shone through his window.

It had a been time since he had a long and nice rest. He didn’t feel tired waking up that morning, not that he was complaining.

The water was boiling in the small kitchen as Jimin was in the bathroom. He finished brushing his teeth and was styling his hair. Angels liked to look good too.

“Just two eggs, hm…” Jimin tapped his chin as he stared into his fridge. He was running low on food storage. He was running out of milk and eggs, the fruits were starting to rotten, and he was also out of bread and other nutrients humans would need.

“I need to go food shopping.”

Quickly finishing his last two eggs and the milk for breakfast, Jimin had gotten ready to head out to fill his fridge. The market was only a few blocks away so it was fine to take his time.

He turned the knob of his door and was about to step out when a huge force grabbed him and twirled him around his small room.

“Hey babe!” Taehyung called as he hugged the Angel in his arms. He stared up at him and smiled “Good morning!”

“T-Taehyung!” The blush on Jimin’s face was quite noticeable and Taehyung found that adorable. “W-Why are you here?!”

“I wanted to say good morning to my Angel! Is that bad?”

“Coming from a Fallen Angel!”

Taehyung chuckled and let Jimin down onto the floor. He bumped their foreheads and laughed. “Aw babe, aren’t you happy to see me? I spent the whole morning waiting behind your door.”

“You creep!”

“I’m joking. I was walking by and decided to visit you.”

“FOR WHAT?”

Taehyung smirked and s his arm around Jimin’s waist. “For something sweet.” Well that earned a slap from the Angel. He groaned as he held the back of his head. “That hurt. babe.”

“You deserved it, you .”

Taehyung only chuckled as he shrugged. “So, what are you doing today, babe?” He said, walking around Jimin’s small studio apartment and he sat down on his bed.

“Don’t go around sitting on other people’s beds!”

Taehyung smirked. “Would you join me in bed then?...Ow!”

The Angel rolled his eyes as he zipped up his jacket. He glared at Taehyung who just smiled. “I’m going food shopping today.” Jimin said and Taehyung smiled wider. “No, you cannot come with me.”

“Eh? Why not? I’ll protect you, babe.”

“From who? You’re my only danger.”

“Oh how sweet, I knew you’d come around~”

“I’m not complimenting you.”

“Gosh you’re so cute scolding me.”

It was futile for Jimin to reply He only rolled his eyes and walk to the sitting Fallen Angel and cross his arms. He sighed. “Let’s go.” Jimin said as he smiled at the other.

A small blush was visible on Taehyung’s cheeks before he stood up in front of the Angel. They walk out of the apartment and were greeted with the cold weather.

“You’re wearing the scarf.” Jimin said as he looked at the red scarf around the other’s neck. He smiled at him, bodies close for warmth.

Taehyung shrugged. “    It’s cold.” He said nonchalantly and Jimin gave a small chuckle.

They were close again, too close and Taehyung could feel the back of Jimin’s hand bumping with his from time to time. He wondered how soft they would be if he held them.

They hands continued to bump and Taehyung was about to grasp his chance until Jimin had lifted up his hand to point at the market. “We’re here.” He cheered. “This is the market I was talking about.”

Trying to hid his embarrassed expression, Taehyung examined the exterior of the market. It was pretty big and it smelled like a bunch of foods.

“Let’s go in.” Jimin said and took Taehyung’s wrist. Well, that’s a point for Taehyung, wouldn’t it?

They walked around the isles a lot. Sometimes Taehyung would get distracted by the free samplers before Jimin gets him back on track.

“But this tastes good.” Taehyung said, chewing on the small sized tofu on the toothpick. He blinked at Jimin who only smiled. Fallen Angels could be so adorable.

Giving in to the puppy eyes, Jimin took a bite of the sample too before smiling along with the taller male. Then Taehyung went over to the opposite side, looking at the free meatball samples.

Jimin could only laugh. It was like looking after a child. Taehyung ran all over the place and Jimin had finally caught onto him once the latter finally ran out of energy.

“This is actually pretty fun.” Taehyung said as he happily ate the ice cream Jimin had bought both of them. He smiled at the shorter. They had finished grocery shopping and Taehyung was kind enough to carry the bags.

The smaller boy laughed before nodding along with the other. They walked in silence for a while, thinking about what they should say to talk about next.

Taehyung had finished up his ice cream when he wrapped his arms around the smaller boy. He smiled into Jimin’s neck, not noticing the hard blush on the latter’s cheek.

“So,” Taehyung began, “Is this considered a date?”

“How is this a date. All we did were go shopping and eating ice cream. Which was a bad idea because now I’m so cold.”

The Fallen Angel smirked as he breathed onto Jimin’s neck. “I can make you warm.” He whispered into the Angel’s ear. “Under the covers, if you know what I mean.”

That earned an elbow to the stomach.

“You’re such a ert.” Jimin said as he stared at the pained Fallen Angel. Though he had to admit (at least not out loud) that he does feel a little warm around the Fallen Angel.

He was different from the rest. Sure Taehyung could be planning to kill him at any moment but the times they actually spent together were fun.

“So you’re officially dating. Thank you, gosh took you guys long enough.”

Jungkook voice rang through the two boys’ ears. They looked up, staring at Jungkook as he sat on top of the lamppost.

“Get off of there!” Jimin shouted after giving a face palm. “Gosh, Jungkook how many times do I have to tell you not to sit in unusual places.”

The young Devil rolled his eyes. “Fine.” He sulked and spread his wings, flipping in the air before landing onto the ground. “Tah-dah!”

“PUT YOUR WINGS AWAY.” Jimin shouted. “TAEHYUNG, THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO APPLAUD.”

Jungkook laughed happily and towards the Angel with a big hug. “Jiminnie, I’m bored!” He whined loudly with the pout of his lips. Jimin could only sigh at the young Devil. “Play with me, Jiminnie!”

“Fine, fine…”

The kid smiled wide. His hug tightened and Jimin could only laugh as he pat the boy’s head. “But first we have to take the groceries to my apartment.” He said to the Fallen Angel and Devil.

“Eh? But that’s so much work - Ow!”

“Such a child,” Jimin said, crossing his arms. “I really don’t understand creatures like you guys.”

Jungkook pouted. “But...But I’m bored…”

Jimin sighed. “Fine. How about I take you to the park.”

The Devil smiled, hugging Jimin again. “Yay! Let’s hurry to go to the aquarium then! Taehyung, start carrying the groceries!”

“HOW ABOUT YOU?”

“I’M BUSY SUPERVISING YOU.”

“WHAT.”

The Angel face palmed. Oh how did he ever get stuck in this mess?

 

“Can we go now? Can we go now? Can we go now?”

“Not yet.”

“Okay...how about now? Now? Now? How about now? Okay, now?”

Jimin sighed. “Just how impatient are you?” He teased and chuckled as he flicked the Devil’s forehead. He turned to Taehyung who had just placed the last groceries into his small fridge. His apartment was small in general and he was surprised there’s still enough room for three people.

“Thanks, Taehyung.” Jimin softly said, smiling at the Fallen Angel. Taehyung looked up, his expression was blank before his lips turned into a smirk.

“I believe you can thank me in another way,” Taehyung teased and Jimin watched as the Fallen Angel puckered his lips, making the Angel laugh.

“You’re such an idiot.” Jimin said as he shook his head. “I’m going to go take a shower, then we’ll go to the park, kay, Jungkook?”

“Fine~”

“Babe~ let’s shower together - Ow!”

“No.”

Taehyung pouted as he watched the Angel enter the bathroom. The sound of the door locking was heard and the Fallen Angel gave an amused sigh.

The room was only left with the Fallen Angel and the Devil. The two were silent, listening to the hot water running in the bathroom.

“How long do you think you could keep this up?” Jungkook bluntly but carefully asked, his eyes facing the blank wall as Taehyung faced the window. “You’re running out of time. All three of us are running out of time.”

When Taehyung didn’t answer, Jungkook continued to ask questions. “Have you forgotten?” The younger said and Taehyung shifted his gaze to the floor.

“No.” The Fallen Angel answered.

There was another silence and it made Jungkook fidget in his spot. “How are you going to do it?” He lowly asked again. “If you are, that is.”

The conversation was stopped when the shower stopped and not late after, Jimin exited the bathroom. Taehyung stared at Jimin as the boy walked towards them with his hair wet and his fresh clothes.

“I think I got shampoo in my eyes.” Jimin mumbled as he rubbed his eyelids.

Taehyung couldn’t take his own eyes off the Angel. He looked so adorable with his damp hair messed around his forehead and the way he rubbed his eyes like a child. He looked so vulnerable that Taehyung could press him down onto the bed and have him right there.

“Jiminnie, Jiminnie!” Jungkook squealed before latching himself onto Jimin’s shoulder. “Can we go to the park now?”

The Devil’s voice was as cheerful as ever, as if he and Taehyung had never had such a conversation moments before.

Jimin smiled and ruffled through Jungkook’s hair. “Yeah, let’s go.” He said before grabbing his coat and beanie. He looked over at Taehyung who smirked and s his arm around the shorter’s waist.

“Let’s go babe~”

 

Please leave comments and upvote this story

thank you!