Chapter VI

Against Ourselves

There he was. His eyes were exactly the same. They bored into Jimin’s pupils, not breaking any contact. Taehyung was here. He was really here.

“Hello everyone. My name is Taehyung.” His deep voice sent a shiver down Jimin’s back. The smaller boy gulped. Taehyung was probably here to finally finish him.

A couple of girls had cooed at the new student but Taehyung only stared at Jimin, thinking how adorable the little Angel was at the moment. Oh how he loved the face of panic.

The Fallen Angel was sent to sit in the back of the class behind Jimin and diagonal to Jungkook. He walked down the rows, smirking when he reached Jimin.

The Angel blinked away as Taehyung sat behind him. Great, Jimin thought. He felt poking on his back and listened as Taehyung slowly leaned in front and whispered into the little Angel’s ear.

“Better be on guard,” Jimin heard from the other and he swallowed, nodding before Taehyung fell back down to his seat with a satisfied look.

Jungkook had witnessed the scene and laughed to himself. Oh how he loved watching these two deny their love. They are obviously attracted to each other. Only a fool could not.

Lunch had just rang and Jimin darted out the classroom to his locker. He was silently praying to himself and wishing that he had not healed Taehyung. Maybe he was wrong about the Fallen Angel, maybe he was the same as other. And maybe he was actually going to kill him.

“I’m going to kill you now.”

Jimin jumped as he felt two palms grip onto his hips and turned around to whip a kick only to bolt Jungkook in the stomach. “Oh my goodness, I thought you were Taehyung!” He shouted as he helped the Devil from the ground.

Jungkook chuckled as he sat up against the locker, laughing hysterically. “Oh my god you should’ve seen your face! It was so funny!” He shouted and hold onto his stomach from laughing too hard.

The Angel rolled his eyes as he went back to his locker. “You deserved it, you little brat.” He said as he stuffed his history textbook. “I seriously thought you were Taehyung. I could’ve hurt you more.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” The younger waved off before standing up. He leaned his shoulder against the locker, looking at the Angel. “So can we get a burger after school?”

Jimin sighed. “We can’t eat burgers everyday. Besides, I’m running out of money.”

“Why can’t we steal them?”

“Are you serious?” Jimin said. “That defeats the whole purpose of me being an Angel.”

“You can become a Fallen Angel,” Jungkook teased. “You know, to be with the love of your life.”

Jimin had wanted to punch the kid. “Don’t even joke about Fallen Angels and no, I’m not in love with Taehyung.” He grunted, glaring at the younger.

“I said nothing about Taehyung.”

Jimin paused, a slight blush on his cheeks. “L-Look Jungkook, I’m busy right now. Go on to lunch without me. I’ll meet up with you later.”

The Devil pouted as he slumped his shoulders. His wings appeared behind his back and was about to soar down the hall before being stopped by the Angel.

“PUT YOUR WINGS AWAY.”

“Ugh, fine.” Jungkook groaned and hopped onto the ground once he retreated his wings. He groaned and slumped over his back. “Walking is so tiring.”

Jimin rolled his eyes but laughed at the kid before looking back his locker. He had English class next then after that it’s math. Jimin groaned. he hated carrying books.

He had spent so much attention on focusing for his next classes that Jimin hadn’t even noticed the shadow hovering over him until he had closed and locked his locker.

“Jungkook, I know it’s you, you can’t fool me twice.” Jimin said loudly as he rolled his eyes and turned around only to gasp when it wasn’t Jungkook.

“Nice to see you too,” Taehyung said as he slammed Jimin against the locker. He chuckled at the other’s shocked expression and leaned in close, “I love that adorable face of yours when you’re scared.”

Jimin swallowed. His wrists were grasped by Taehyung. Their bodies were touching and they could feel each other’s breaths.

“Are you going to kill me now?” Jimin hesitated to ask. He stared into the dark orbs of Taehyung and the other leaned in closer, humming.

“Mhmmm, I’d like to play with you more.” Taehyung said as he placed his hands on the Angel’s hips and nosed up Jimin’s milky neck. “So much fear,” Taehyung said, slowly swaying their bodies together, “So delicious.”

“S-Stop,” Jimin pleaded lowly as he placed his palms on the other to push him away. He turned his head to the side, but only gave Taehyung more neck to violate. “I said stop!” The Angel shouted this time, pushing Taehyung down to the floor.

Jimin watched as Taehyung stared in shock at him from below before he bursted out in laughter. “Aw, come on babe, how about a little something?” He teased, cocking his chin as he sat up in a suggestive way.

The Angel only rolled his eyes before walking down the hall. Taehyung chuckled and followed after him, wrapping his arm around Jimin’s waist. “Where are you going, babe?”

“Stop calling me that.” Jimin barked. “If you’re trying to kill me, your cheesy lines already are.”

“Hm, so you think I’m cheesy?” Taehyung said as he made the smaller boy turn around to face him. “Does that mean you’re attracted to me?”

“No, it means you’re annoying.” Jimin corrected. “Why aren’t you trying to kill me?”

“Hm, well if I kill you already, it won’t be any fun.”

“So...what? You’re just going to play with me until you’re bored?”

“Yeah, pretty much.”

Jimin glared at the Fallen Angel. “You’re so heartless.” He blurted out, pushing Taehyung’s shoulder so that’s out of the way before walking down the stairs.

Taehyung smirked, finally taking out his wings and stopping Jimin in his tracks. “I’m a Fallen Angel.” He said. “I have no heart.”

“Everyone has a heart.” Jimin said, anger in his voice. “Not just humans but animals, and Angels and even Devils and you Fallen Angels. You have a heart but you’re choosing to block it.”

Those words had struck into Taehyung’s mind. The two stared at each in silence until Taehyung finally gave a scoff. “Cute.” He said and grabbed Jimin by his waist.

Despite all the Angel’s shouts and protests, Taehyung brought the both of them onto the rooftop. He gently dropped Jimin onto the roof and he hovered over the school.

“We’re going to battle now.” Taehyung explained. “Try to stop me from killing you.”

Jimin grunted as he sat up. He glared at the other above and his white wings appeared from behind, knowing there’s no choice and no point in running. He flew up, face to face with Taehyung and aimed a kick at the Fallen Angel’s stomach.

But Taehyung had expected it. He grabbed Jimin’s ankle and pulled him close, bumping their noses teasingly before slamming the Angel down to the roof.

Given the chance, Taehyung soared down in lightning speed towards Jimin, smirking as he thought he won.

But Jimin wasn’t there.

Instead, the Angel landed a kick that forced Taehyung to the wall. He flew towards the Fallen Angel, grabbing his wrist and slammed him onto the ground. “I win,” Jimin said, sitting on Taehyung’s stomach so that the other couldn’t move.

Taehyung, wrists grasped and body pinned, laughed as he put his head down in defeat. “Not bad,” He said, staring at Jimin sitting on the Fallen Angel’s stomach. “You know, if we weren’t enemies, we would’ve been so dating right now.”

“I would never date someone like you.”

“Oh come on babe, don’t be like that.”

“Why are you like this?” Jimin asked, deciding to ungrip the Fallen Angel’s wrist and straighten himself on Taehyung’s stomach. He watched as Taehyung laughed and folded his hands behind his head, staring up at Jimin.

“Because you’re cute.” Taehyung said easily. “If it was some other Angel, I would’ve killed him so much sooner. But you’re cute. I want to have fun with you first, didn’t I say that a million times already?”

“So I have to live my life in constant fear and danger until you kill me?” Jimin glared and Taehyung sat up, making the Angel slide down onto the Fallen Angel’s lap.

Taehyung smirked and wrapped his arms around Jimin. “Isn’t that obvious?” His breath whispered against Jimin’s lips. “Fallen Angels feed off of fear. To be honest, you’re delicious. And I’m not talking about your fear.”

“Stop,” Jimin demanded, pushing Taehyung’s chest but the other didn’t budge. “Taehyung, stop. I’m not doing this.” He said and pushed harder this time, finally getting out of the Fallen Angel’s grip. “You confuse me.”

Taehyung chuckled. “I make you feel in all types of way. You just don’t know it.” He said and stood up, dusting his pants.

“Can you stop.”

“Can you give me a little something.”

“No.”

Taehyung chuckled again, much to Jimin’s annoyance. “Aw babe~” He called, tugging Jimin’s waist again and hovered him down onto the floor.

“What’s going on here?” A sudden voice said from the roof door. Jungkook stepped out of it, only to find Taehyung on top of Jimin, incredibly intimate looking. He chuckled and crossed his arms. “Wow, on the roof. How of you two.”

A blush smacked Jimin’s cheeks and Taehyung only shrugged. “It’s not what it seems, Jungkook!” He shouted in embarrassment before getting pulled down by Taehyung again.

“Aw, come on babe, what’s there to be embarrassed about?” Taehyung teased. “We had a long, and hard, and hot and tiring session right?”

Jungkook raised a brow and Jimin blushed harder. “Shut up!” The Angel shouted, smacking the back of Taehyung’s head before getting up to regain his composure. He took in a few breaths and stare down at Taehyung. “You’re so annoying.” He said, stomping his foot.

The Fallen Angel smirked. “I know that means you love me~” He continued to tease but Jimin only waved him off, earning another laugh.

Jungkook rolled his eyes. “I was looking for Jiminnie so we could go to lunch together. But your little is starting to make me lose my appetite.”  He sassed, snapping his fingers.

Taehyung shrugged as he got up from the floor, smiling at Jimin. “Alright, let’s get lunch then. Kay babe?” He said, standing behind the Angel.

Jimin sighed and his shoulders felt heavy. ‘Fine.” He said and was the first to walk out the roof followed by Taehyung and Jungkook glaring at each other.

 

“I want a burger.” Jungkook whined as he stared down at the school lunch in disgust. He wanted something delicious like burgers and fries, not this green gooey stuff. “Is this even food? I think I just saw it move a little.”

“Oh please, you’re a Devil.” Taehyung said as he sipped his water bottle. “It’s not like you’re going to die eating that.”

By the Fallen Angel’s side, Jimin giggled at little at the logic, making Taehyung proud of himself. It was strange. An Angel, a Fallen Angel, and a Devil to sit together on a lunch table, actually getting along.

But can this last?

School had ended utterly fast. The time flew by quicker than Jimin had expected. And as usual, Jungkook had flew off to whoever knew where.

It was snowing.

Jimin had wondered where Jungkook had stayed. He couldn’t have been out all night. It’s true that Devils don’t sleep but still, it’s not good to be without a home.

“Wanna walk home together?” Taehyung asked as he caught up to Jimin’s side.

Jimin blinked at him before giving a shrug. “Why, so you can kill me on the way?” He said and Taehyung shot him a smile before taking the Angel’s bag in his hand.

“I’ll carry it for you.”

“Wow, how polite from a Fallen Angel.”

Taehyung chuckled. “Only for you, my Angel.”

Jimin finally laughed and Taehyung smiled wider. They walked side by side in the cold December weather, watching as they could see their own breaths in the air. They may be immortal but they’re not immune to the weather.

“You’re cold.” Jimin said when he noticed the constant shivers from the Fallen Angel. He stopped his tracks to face Taehyung and he untied his red scarf. “It’s not much but…”

Taehyung watched as Jimin wrapped the scarf around the Fallen Angel’s neck. “But won’t you be cold?”

“It’s better for someone else to be warm than me.” Jimin said. “I’m just doing what I’m supposed to do.”

The Fallen Angel stood silently as Jimin finished a soft knot on the scarf. “No.” Taehyung said and decided to loosen the scarf and wrap the other end around Jimin, so that both of them were close and warm.

Jimin blushed, staring into Taehyung’s eyes as snow fell around them. He scoffed before laughing and the two went on walking.

They had gotten coffee too. It took a while because Taehyung never had a coffee before and couldn’t decide what kind of coffee he wanted.

It didn’t take long before they reached Jimin’s apartment building. They stood there in silence, not knowing what to say.

Instead, Taehyung began to take off the scarf but Jimin stopped him. “Keep it.” The Angel said. “It looks nice on you.” The Fallen Angel blinked before chuckling. “Where do you live?”

“Uh, just a few blocks down.”

Jimin smiled and there was a silence. “See you tomorrow then.” He said and gave a small wave before going into his apartment building.

Taehyung watched as Jimin disappeared through the doors. He looked up at the scarf and smiled to himself. No doubt there was something special about the Angel.

Can’t stop smiling, Taehyung walked off to his apartment.

 

“So it looks like Taehyung had taken a liking to the Angel….how interesting.”

 

IT'S MY BRITHDAY! :D

Please leave comments and upvote this story

thank you!