Chapter III

Against Ourselves

He was a young boy with black hair and big doe eyes. He was dressed like any other teenage boy, a red and black striped sweater and black skinny jeans.

He was laughing again as the arrow circles around his body as if waiting to attack. He stared at the Angel and Fallen Angel in amusement, playing with them.

“Get lost, kid.” The Fallen Angel had spoken first. “We adults are talking about something important right now.”

The boy’s smile drops a little but nevertheless, still smiling. “Oh?” He said. “A kid?” He bursted into laughter again. “I’m not a kid, Taehyung.”

Taehyung blinked in confusion before glaring at the boy. “How did you know my name?” He hissed and gripped onto his sword, ready to attack if he needed to.

The boy giggled. “I know everything about you two.”

“What are you, an angel?” Taehyung asked but the boy did nothing but chuckle.

“No, he’s not.” The Angel to Taehyung’s right had said. “Assuming that you don’t know him, he’s not a Fallen Angel either. You’re a Devil aren’t you?”

The boy stayed silent before smirking at the Angel. “You’re smart, Jimin.” He said and a pair of black wings appeared from behind his back. They were pitch black compared to a Fallen Angel’s wings and it had no trace of any feathery but replaced with sharp edges, proving to be a Devil.

The Devil smirked and balanced himself on top of the tree. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and he was much taller than what he seemed when sitting down.

Taehyung looked at the Devil then at the Angel next to him. Jimin. Jimin was the Angel’s name. And likewise, Jimin identified the Fallen Angel as Taehyung.

The Devil was the only one left.

“What’s your name?” Jimin asked. His voice was calm and collected and it somewhat sung through Taehyung’s ears.

The Devil laughed and jumped off the tree and into the air. “You don’t have to know.” He said, smiling. “But I know everything about you two~” He looked at Taehyung. “You’re Kim Taehyung. Species: Fallen Angel. Younger brother of the Fallen Angel leader, Daehyun the Malevolent. Ranking: Two Wings Rookie.”

Jimin held his breath as he looked over at Taehyung and he flew a few steps back. The Devil then looked at Jimin.

“And you’re Park Jimin. Species: Angel. Younger brother of the Angel leader, Youngjae the Grace. Ranking: Two Wings Rookie.”

The Angel and Fallen Angel froze in surprise and shock as the Devil continued to laugh. “Oh, you’re expressions are priceless! You two are meant for each other. Might as well rebel against your clans and go live happily ever after.” The Devil teased before dodging a sudden attack from the Fallen Angel.

“Tell me who you are.” Taehyung demanded as he held another black bolt in hand. He glared at The Devil. “As you already know, I’m the younger brother of Daehyun the Malevolent, descendent of Lucifer himself. I’m not afraid to kill you.”

The Devil stood expressionless for once. He gripped his fists and his lips slowly curved into a smirk. “Oh?” He began. “You believe it’s that easy to kill me?” In a blink, the Devil flashed in front of Taehyung and slammed him down into the ground with a sadistic laugh before soaring towards Jimin and forcing him through at least fifteen trees.

The two groaned in defeat as the Devil levitated to the ground. He laughed at the two, enjoying their pain. “Well maybe it won’t hurt to tell you just a little bit.” The Devil said. “I’m a Two Wings Rank Devil and the younger brother of the Devil leader, Junhong the Pride, descendent of satan himself.”

Jimin and Taehyung watched as The Devil flew up and gave them one more look. “Oh and my name,” The Devil smiled. “Call me Jungkook.” He finished and soared away with a sadistic laugh.

It was only a little while until both Taehyung and Jimin regained a small amount of consciousness to be able to move. Taehyung groaned in pain from all over his body. He was bruised and cut and bleeding.

Looking over, Jimin was performing his magic on his wounds. Angels were able to use magic but only in emergencies. Fallen Angels lost the privilege of magic as they traded it for power.

“Come with me.” Jimin said as he walked over to Taehyung. He stared down at the hurt Fallen Angel and stretched out his hand. “You’re hurt.”

“I can take care of myself.” Taehyung remarked and tried to get up, only to fall down again. He tried again and this time caught by Jimin.

“This isn’t a freaking anime series okay. Don’t say that line and play the independant bad guy and come with me. You’re hurt and there’s nothing you can do.”

Taehyung stayed quiet and silent gave in. They both retreat their wings as humans were nearby and Jimin had decided to take the Fallen Angel home to his small apartment, no matter how dangerous that decision would be.

“Sit.” Jimin said as if Taehyung was some sort of puppy. He gestured towards his rolling seat and Taehyung quietly replied. He didn’t want to speak, the pain was unbearable.

Jimin sighed and kneeled down in between the Fallen Angel’s legs who gasped in retreated. “W-What are you doing?” Taehyung stuttered, noticing how awkward their position was.

“I’m going to heal you.” Jimin innocently replied, not being able to detect Taehyung’s  reference to something else. “This might take a while.” He added and slowly pushed Taehyung back against the seat and the other groaned in pain.

Taehyung watched as Jimin straightened his palms and closed his eyes. A glow of light lit against Taehyung’s body. It felt warm and cozy.

“Why are you helping me?” Taehyung hesitantly asked as Jimin continued to heal him. “Don’t you have any idea that I could kill you right now once you recovered me?”

“I’m an Angel.” Jimin answered calmly, his eyes still closed. “I live to help, protect and guide others, no matter how bad or evil that are. It is the Angel moral code. And my mission is to maintain the peace in Seoul. If I were to leave you, you’d be surrounded with people and police officers and maybe even the secret forces. It would cause a ruckus and I would fail my mission.”

It didn’t take long before Taehyung had felt like he just woke up from a nice and refreshing nap. Jimin dusted his hands and stood up, staring down at the Fallen Angel.

“If you need---,”

Jimin didn’t finish his sentence as Taehyung had grabbed him and pinned him down on the bed. They lied there, the Fallen Angel hovering over the Angel.

Taehyung gripped onto Jimin’s thin wrists and stared at him. The angel’s black hair was messy, all over his face and he was staring up into Taehyung’s dark eyes.

They were so close to each other, nose touching and breaths loud and clear.

“My mission,” Taehyung spoke lowly and Jimin lied beneath him, silent and wide eyed, “is to kill an Angel.”

Jimin stared in shock. He gulped and slowly closed his eyes. This was it. He was going to die. He shouldn’t have helped Taehyung. He shouldn’t have recovered him. But he did. And now he’s going to die.

But it didn’t happen. Taehyung had gotten off of the smaller boy and stared down at him. “I’m letting you go just this once.” Taehyung said loud and clear, not breaking off their eye contact. “But the next time I see you. The next time we battle. I will kill you.

Jimin nodded slowly, unable to speak. He just stared at Taehyung and the other stared back. The Fallen Angel’s straight lips curved into a smile as he leaned back down towards the younger.

“You’re still cute though,” Taehyung whispered, cupping Jimin’s face with one hand. He examined the Angel and noticed the blush that crept through his face. He was so adorable, so vulnerable, sitting in such a tempting position and with the innocent, lost expression on his face.

He gently pushed Jimin back onto the bed, hovering over him once again. “Maybe I can play with you just for a while.” Taehyung said and watched as Jimin shivered when he had caressed the Angel’s hair. “Cute.” Taehyung said and got back up. “Thank you for healing me.” he said. “But I was serious about my mission. It’s a shame I’ll be killing such a pretty Angel.”

And with that, Jimin watched as Taehyung left his apartment and he was able to breathe again. His body felt hot and his heart was beating fast.

It’s probably because it’s been a long and tiring day. Yeah that must be it. He’s probably stressed dealing with Fallen Angels and Devils.

Taehyung sighed as he got out of the apartment. He smiled at himself and stared down at his fingers before smiling wider. “Cute.” He said and began making his way home.

Sitting on top of a high building, Jungkook laughed to himself as he watched Taehyung walk below on the streets and Jimin curled up on his bed through the window.

He laughed louder and swung his feet back and forth. “This is going to be fun~”

 

Thanks for reading!

Please leave lots of comments and

upvote this story

thank you!

#ForverwithBAP #StayStrongBAP