Chapter V

Against Ourselves

The whole class stood in silence as they watched the new kid twirl Jimin around the classroom. It already had been late in the school year so they weren’t expecting a new student.

“Um...Jimin…?” Changjo called when the new kid had finally settled down the boy. “Do you guys know each other?”

Jimin blinked several times. He looked at Jungkook’s smiling face and then back at his friends’ and classmates’ confused stares. “Uh...yeah. This is Jungkook.” It wasn’t moral for an Angel to lie. “Jungkook, this is Changjo and Jongup.”

The young Devil smiled and hugged Jimin tighter. “Hi! My name is Jungkook! I’m from Japan!” He said, giggling as Jimin rolled his eyes.

“Jungkook, can I speak with you outside?”

“Sure, Jiminnie!”

Jimin gave a shy smile as he pushed the kid out the classroom. He shut the door tightly and glared at the young Devil. “What were you thinking?!” Jimin whispered. “Why are you even here?”

“Well, I’ve been thinking about what you said yesterday about school and I’ve decided to actually come to the decision to come here!” Jungkook replied happily. “And of course if this place starts to annoy, I’ll just blow it up. No biggie.”

“WHAT.”

“Chill, I’m only kidding.”

“How did you even get enrolled here?”

“I hypnotized the teachers. Duh.”

Jimin smacked the back of Jungkook’s head. “How could you do that?! And don’t ‘duh’ me. I’m older than you.”

“Ow! How are you older than me? We don’t even have ages!”

Jimin smacked the younger again. “Keep it down, you nimrod!”

“Nimrod? Okay now you’re just being rude. Especially for an Angel.”

“Oh be quiet like you know the difference between polite and rude.”

The door opened, revealing Jongup’s happy face. “Is everything alright?” He asked, looking at Jimin and then at Jungkook and Jimin nodded.

It took a while to settle Jungkook’s sudden acceptance in his class, considering that he had hypnotized mostly everyone in the school already.

“I’m a Devil! I can do whatever I want~”

Jimin rolled his eyes at the young Devil’s logic. He watched as a bunch of Jungkook’s “friends” huddled around him, throwing pointless conversations everywhere.

The Devil looked so happy being the center of attention. He was smiling widely and talking with each and every of the humans.

It did seem strange, how a Devil would want so much attention. Usually Devils were quiet, sneaky, mischievous and sadistic.

But Jungkook was different. He liked talking to someone, to have someone around, to laugh with someone else besides himself.

It did occur to Jimin that maybe, just maybe Jungkook had felt lonely in the human world. After all Devils were not the easiest to befriend.

But was hypnotizing everyone a good solution?

“Hey, Jiminnie,are you alright?” Jungkook asked as he walked side by side with the Angel. It had been a long day for both of them, well, not really for Jungkook. He had too much fun making new friends.

Jimin just shrugged, scraping his shoes against the pavement. “Nothing.” He said and looked at Jungkook. “Where do you---”

But before the Angel could had finished, Jungkook had forced the both of them to the ground, dodging from an ambush.

“Are you okay?” Jungkook asked as he slowly got off the boy. The Angel only nodded, confused. They looked and watched as Taehyung levitated onto the ground, a smirk plastered onto his face.

“Hey, there baby Angel.” Taehyung called as his eyes bore into Jimin. “Miss me?”

Jimin didn’t reply as he slowly back up from the Fallen Angel. But the other was faster and quickly grasped onto Jimin’s wrist and pulled him close.

“Mhm, you smell like vanilla.” Taehyung’s voice whispered against the smaller boy’s ear. “Just like how I like my Angels before killing them.”

They were close, too close that their noses were touching just like last time. Taehyung had gripped Jimin tight and Jimin struggled as he tried to escape, only to be laughed at by the other.

“You’re so cute, trying to escape.” Taehyung teased as he pulled Jimin close again, wrapping his arm around the Angel’s petite waist. “How about I have a little fun before killing you?”

There was a loud sound and Taehyung escaped, releasing Jimin, just in time before getting hit by Jungkook. The young Devil was growling as he shot another arrow at Taehyung.

But Taehyung didn’t give up. He wasn’t going to lose to the Devil again, no, not this time. He’s going to finish this Devil so that he can get that Angel and fulfill his mission.

Jimin watched in terror as Taehyung and Jungkook battled in the sky. They were equally matched. Wings spread, shooting arrows and bolts, it was horrible. It was so unpeaceful.

It didn’t take long until Jungkook got a hit on Taehyung’s shoulder. The Fallen Angel took damage and lost his balance and that’s when Jimin released his wings, flying towards Taehyung.

He landed the wounded Fallen Angel safely to the ground and glared at Jungkook. “That’s enough, Jungkook!” Jimin shouted, his arm gently gripping onto Taehyung.

The Devil glared at the two below. “He started it!”

“You didn’t have to continue it! I would’ve been fine on my own!”

“Oh You are so naive!” Jungkook retaliated. “You actually thought I was fighting for you. Once that Fallen Angel kills you, I’m next on his list. I'm not fighting to protect you. I’m protecting myself. If he had the chance, I would’ve let him kill you.”

“ENOUGH.” Jimin shouted again and Jungkook finally shut himself, crossing his arms with a pout. He looked down at Taehyung who was groaning in pain. Jungkook was clearly experienced in aiming at his opponent’s weaknesses. “Jungkook, help me get him up.”

“Why should I?”

“JEON JUNGKOOK.”

Jungkook startled at the sudden call, like a child being scolded by his parents. “Fine, fine…” He said and looped Taehyung’s other arm around his shoulder before the two carried him to an empty, nearby park.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this again.” Jimin teased as he smiled at Taehyung who refused to look at him. The Angel only gave a small chuckle as he leaned down in front of the Fallen Angel and lit up his warm light, just like last time.

“I have to kill you.” Taehyung said but Jimin remained calm as he started to heal him.

“You can’t even list up your arm.. What  makes you think you’re able to kill me?”

“After you heal me, of course.”

Jimin didn’t reply and remained silent. Jungkook was next to them, shooting glares at the Fallen Angel. “If Jimin didn’t stop me, you would’ve been good as dead already.”

Taehyung smirked. “You’re not bad in combat.” He complimented, taking Jungkook aback. “You’d be a worthy opponent to fight. But…” He looked at Jimin. “I have get through you first.”

Jimin finally opened his eyes, staring up at Taehyung with round eyes. “We don’t have to do this.” He pleaded. “We don’t have to fight.”

Taehyung scoffed. “I’m not turning down my mission.” He said and cupped Jimin’s cheeks with one hand. “No matter how adorable you are. Gosh, if only you were one of us. I would be all over you.”

There was a blush on the smaller as he tried to revert his eyes but Taehyung didn’t allow him to do so. Instead, he leaned in close and closer, being able to hear the Angel’s breaths. “How about a little something, something, hm?”

“Ugh, can you guys not?” Jungkook groaned as he covered his eyes. “You’re disgusting.”

“You’re just a child.”

“I am not a child!”

“You are.”

“Am not!”

“You are.”

“AM NOT.”

“Alright, enough you two,” Jimin said, dusting his hands after completely healing the Fallen Angel for the second time. He stared at Taehyung who just sat there, avoid making eye contact. “I know you’re not going to kill me.” He said lowly and Taehyung only scoffed.

“What makes you think I won’t?”

Jimin hesitated and Taehyung wondered if he was even going to respond. “Because you’re different.” Jimin answered, staring into the Fallen Angel’s eyes. “You’re not like the other Fallen Angels. Otherwise...I would’ve been dead already.”

The said boy stayed silent, staring back at Jimin who gave a smile and it made Taehyung feel how for some reason. “W-Whatever.” He said. “I will kill you. Just not now maybe.”

Jimin smiled as he cocked his head at the Fallen Angel and watched as Taehyung blinked several times before turning his gaze away.

At the side, Jungkook rolled his eyes. “The right now is seriously suffocating me.” He said as he exaggerated a barf. “Jiminnie~ let’s go get something to eat! Like that food from yesterday! I want to eat...what’s it called? Oh yeah, a burger!”

Jimin chuckled as Jungkook gave him a big hug. “Alright, alright fine.” He said, giving up from all of the Devil’s pleading. He turned to Taehyung. “Why don’t you join us?” Jimin offered and took Taehyung’s hand.

The Fallen Angel stared in silence as Jimin pulled him, following Jungkook to the food shop that was from yesterday.

They had sat at their usual place, the second floor table with the playground and the color walls. “Here, try this.” Jimin said as he unwrapped a burger for Taehyung.

The other boy gave a strange look at the food and then back at Jimin. He hesitantly took the burger into his hands and gave a bite. His eyes widened.

“It’s delicious.” Taehyung said as he took another bite and another and another. Jimin laughed as the Fallen Angel continued to devour the food contently.

He looked over at Jungkook who was busy playing on the playground. Those things were supposed to be for kids but oh well.

“So,” Taehyung started. He already finished the burger and now nipping at the fries. “I heard that when two humans who are attracted to each other they do romantic stuff on something called a date.” He smirked. “So, are we on a date?”

Jimin chuckled, rolling his eyes but smiling. “You’re attracted to me?” He asked playfully and the other only shrugged.

“I think you’re pretty cute.” Taehyung answered. “You have a cute .”

The Angel laughed again and the Fallen Angel laughed along. They sat quiet for a moment, nibbling at their cokes and fries.

As Jimin had eyes down at his tray, Taehyung stared at the young Angel in front of him. It would be a lie to say that Taehyung wasn’t a bit interested in Jimin.

He was really adorable. When he smiled, his eyes turned into crescent shaped moons. His laugh was addicting and he was kind and caring, exactly as an Angel.

But most of all, he was interesting. Twice. It was twice for healing Taehyung’s wounds. An Angel. An Angel helping a Fallen Angel.

Jimin was special. He was different.

“Thanks for the meal.” Taehyung said as he got up from his chair. He stared down at Jimin. “I’m going to go now.”

“Wait, do you have any place to stay?”

Taehyung smirked. “Why? Would you let me stay with you in your tiny apartment?” He asked lowly as he slowly hovered over Jimin. “Hm, maybe it would be nice staying with you. In that tiny space, close to you. We can sleep together on your bed and maybe, do something else too~”

Jimin shivered at the hot breath on his neck, causing Taehyung to chuckle lowly. “Cute,” the Fallen Angel said and straightened himself. “Thanks for the offer but I have my own dorm to stay. See you around.”

Taehyung watched as Jimin waved him goodbye and he waved back to him. He promised himself that he would see the Angel again soon. He needed to.

Mission.

That’s right. Taehyung needed to see Jimin again.

 

“Jiminnie!” Jungkook called as he flew onto the Angel on their way to school. He smiled happily, actually excited for school. “Good morning~”

“YAH, PUT YOUR WINGS AWAY.” Jimin shouted as he pulled Jungkook onto the ground. The Devil reluctantly retreated his dark wings and pouted. “You’re no fun.” He said, crossing his arms.

“Gosh, why are you so careless? What if a human saw you?”

“I’ll just erase their memory.”

Jimin sighed and shook his head. “Kids,” he mumbled under his breath as he opened the door to his classroom.

They sat down at their seats until the bell rang and the teacher walked in. “Alright, kids listen up.” The teacher began. “I have surprising news that we have another new student.”

Jimin blinked several times. It was clearly strange. He heard the teacher call the new student in and watched as a very familiar figure stepped into the room.

“Hello, everyone. My name is Kim Taehyung.”

 

Sorry for such a belated updated!

I'm so busy this month with school and Christmas shopping and I even started watching the anime Fairy Tail (though I finished all of it in a week)

I'm failing Chemistry!!! :,',',(

But anyway, that's neither here nor there,

Thank you for reading!

Please leave lots of comments

and upvote this story

Thank you!

P.S my Birthday is in 9 days! I'm turning 16 :DDD