Chapter XIII

Against Ourselves

Jimin sighed contently before Taehyung pulled him close and recapture the smaller boy’s lips again. Their tongues continued to dance with each other, neither pulling apart. They didn’t want to pull apart; they wanted to remain in each other’s arms.

The elder sat upon Taehyung’s lap with the latter’s back up against a tree. They were still outside, at night or maybe the early morning but the time did not matter for Taehyung when he tightened his grip around Jimin’s petite waist, pulling the smaller closer into his embrace.

“I missed you so much.” Taehyung breathed between kisses. He gave Jimin’s hip a squeeze. “I missed you so, so much.”

Not breaking their lips, Jimin gingerly pulled Taehyung closer by his shirt before slithering his fingers around the younger’s brown locks. It was beginning to snow but neither of them felt cold.

“Tae,” Jimin breathed out. “You’re hurt.” He said as his fingers gently brushed against Taehyung’s dried scars and cuts but the latter didn’t react, only to connect their fingers and continue to kiss the smaller.

“I don’t,” Taehyung bit Jimin’s lips gently, “care. I just want you right now.”

There was a small sigh from the smaller and Taehyung opened his eyes to lock with Jimin. He watched as Jimin brought up his fingers to caress the younger’s cheeks and gently rubbed against the dry blood and cuts. “We can’t stay here. We need to go back to my apartment.”

Taehyung smiled and nodded, bringing his lips to press against Jimin’s once more. “I love you so much.” He said and bumped their foreheads together before the two got up from the cold ground.

“Careful,” the smaller said softly and supported the fallen angel by his arm. “You’re really heavy.” Jimin teased, smiling fondly and the younger stole another kiss.

It wasn’t difficult to reach Jimin’s apartment though Taehyung did stall by trying to steal more kisses. He sat the younger upon his bed before wetting a towel to wipe the dry blood.

The room was silent except the constant sound of the towel wiping against Taehyung’s face. He winced at the pain and Jimin bit his lip from trying not to apply too much pressure.

“I’m sorry…” The young Angel whispered lowly but Taehyung heard him loud and clear. “I’m so sorry.” Fresh tears were rolling down his pale cheeks and Taehyung immediately shook his head, gently cupping Jimin’s cheeks and making the Angel stare into his eyes.

“Hey,” Taehyung called softly, “It’s not your fault. You had no idea this was going to happen. If anything, I should’ve been stronger to protect you.” He said but Jimin continued to sob before the Fallen Angel pressed his lips against the elder. “I love you, okay?”

Jimin swallowed his sobs and reluctantly nodded and Taehyung gave him another kiss before bumping their foreheads. “You know, you’re really cute when you cry.” Taehyung said lowly as he pinched Jimin's cheeks causing the younger to laugh through his tears. “I miss your laugh so much.” Taehyung continued and laid back on the bed, pulling Jimin onto his chest.

Jimin smiled above Taehyung as the younger gave a long yawn. “You should take a shower before you rest.” Jimin suggested and Taehyung shrugged, playing with the Angel’s fingers before entwining them.

The elder brushed Taehyung’s brown bangs out of his eyes and watched as the younger slowly closed his eyes in content. He softened touch by touch and before Jimin realized, the younger had fallen asleep.

“Pabo,” Jimin whispered, “If you’re going to sleep, at least sleep right.” He said and stood up to fix Taehyung’s half body on bed position so that he would be comfortable. He smiled at the Fallen Angel and leaned down to peck his forehead. “Sweet dreams. I love you.”

____________________________________________________________________________

“So you’re saying he escaped?” Daehyun nonchalantly asked as his fingertips rhymically  tapped against the throne’s armrests. He didn’t look at the genuflecting Mark but instead at his other hand’s fingertips. He sat his right foot on top of his left thigh and leaned back against his chair.

Mark stared at the ground, not being able to look at the leader. His red hair dangled over the dried blood and scars on his face as he bit his lip at the unexcited question. He heard the annoyed sigh and it made Mark’s blood jump. “I-I’m sorry, Master. I went in to serve him the tray of food and he e-escaped….”

Daehyun blinked and pursed his lips, nodding slowly. “Really.” He commented again and stood up. Every step made Mark’s heart beat faster and his mouth breathe harder. When the walking stopped, Mark could see Daehyun’s shoe right beneath him.

The redhead swallowed but he felt like a rock was stuck in his throat. He slowly looked up and met Daehyun’s eyes. “Mast-,” But Mark wasn’t able to finish as the Fallen Angel leader had landed a kick and it flew the redhead across the room, slamming into the rocky walls.

Teardrops of blood gushed from Mark’s mouth before he landed on the ground, silent in pain. He heard Daehyun walk up to him but his body couldn’t move.

“Consider this a warning.” Daehyun’s venom voice pierced through Mark’s ears. “Find him. And don’t fail me again.” The redhead could only groan in pain and Daehyun took that as a comply. “You can go now. If you can get up.”

Mark struggled to get up, holding on his ribcage as he stumbled out the room. The Leader watched as the boy was finally gone and he gave a sigh.

“So troublesome.” Daehyun said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He strolled back to his throne and sat down with a huff. “Don’t you think so too, hyung?”

There was a deep laugh that came from the shadows and a man walked out of it. “Definitely.” He said. “You do realize what happened, am I correct?”

Daehyun scoffed and went back to staring at his fingertips. “I know.” He said with a low laugh. “I’m just going to let that perky redhead enjoy his time before his last breath.”

The other man laughed again. “Oh? And when is that?” He said and Daehyun’s lips turned into a venomous smirk.

“I’d lie if I say it wouldn’t be soon.”

“Well, when that time comes, how about letting me do the job?”

Daehyun raised a brow and stared at the man, who was smiling his little gummy smile. “Really? And how will you do that?”

“Hey, I know question about your position and you don’t question about my position.” The man said, causing Daehyun to laugh hysterically in his throne.

“Alright, alright. I’ll be counting on you when the time comes,” Daehyun said. “Yongguk hyung.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung yawned at the moment he woke up. His eyes slowly fluttered opened as he sat up with around yawn. He scratched the back of his messy hair and looked around the room. It was already morning and the sun lit up the room.

The Fallen Angel remembered he was in Jimin’s room, and how he ended up in the room. He smiled to himself at the thought and heard the water in the bathroom turn off.

Jimin walked out with semi wet hair and Taehyung pouted, stretching his arms out for the smaller. “You’re up.” Jimin said as he let himself be embraced with the sleepy younger. “Don’t move around so much. You’re still not fully recovered yet.” The Angel stated, twirling Taehyung’s hair as the younger snuggled himself onto Jimin’s chest.

“Mhm, I’m fine~” Taehyung whined into his Angel’s chest. He looked up and Jimin met their lips. Taehyung smiled into the kiss, letting his tongue enter the Angel’s mouth.

Jimin softened his position and sat upon Taehyung’s lap as the younger had his hands on the Angel’s petite hips. The kiss deepened and Jimin could feel Taehyung’s hands tighten around himself.

The Fallen Angel slowly lifted Jimin and laid him down on the bed, not parting their lips. “You taste minty.” Taehyung teased as he stole three consecutive kisses from the smaller. “Can I have you for breakfast instead?”

That earned a slap to the arm.

“No, you may not.” Jimin replied with a small glare. He puffed his cheeks and Taehyung laughed before pressing his lips against the Angel again. Jimin gave in a smile and shook his head. He walked towards the kitchen, followed by Taehyung. “I made pancakes. You should eat it while it’s hot.”

“Will you feed me?”

“Will you use your own hands?”

Taehyung pouted and Jimin giggled again. He slowly cut the pancakes into smaller pieces and fed the Fallen Angel the first piece. “It’s delicious, babe.” Taehyung said happily, pulling Jimin onto his lap. He snuggled onto the smaller boy’s chest and breathed in his vanilla scent. “I like this.” He said. “Being able to be with you.”

Jimin smiled softly as his hands twirled through his Taehyung’s brown locks. “I know.” He said lowly and his smile dropped a little. “But Tae, you know we’re not safe together.”

“It doesn’t matter.” Taehyung immediately answered with a shake of his head. “I’m not losing you again.” He said, staring up into Jimin’s dark orbs. “I told you, I’m going to protect you, Jimin. I love you.”

The Angel’s eyes were already becoming teary causing Taehyung to laugh a little. “Cute,” he said, wiping the small drops out of Jimin’s eyes. “You’d only cry for me right?” Taehyung asked with his deep voice as Jimin rested his head on the Fallen Angel’s shoulder. “And you’d only smile for me.” His gripped tightened around the older. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” Jimin answered as he leaned down to share another kiss.

Meanwhile outside, the Angel and Fallen Angel had not noticed a familiar dark figure swinging their legs back and forth on top of the building across the street. The stranger viewed everything that just happened and a great pain struck at his heart.

“Unforgivable.”

_____________________________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please leave a lot of comments

and upvote this story!

Thank you!

Also be sure to check out my upcoming oneshot,

"The Untitled DaeJae and Vmin Project"!