Chapter XI

Against Ourselves

“I’m sorry, Jimin…” Taehyung ended and his sword was slammed forward.

Jimin shut his eyes, knowing that this was the end for him. But the sword didn’t make contact. Instead, it was stabbed into the tree trunk right beside the Angel’s ear.

The smaller boy slowly opened his eyes and stared at Taehyung whose legs have give up on him and almost collapsed on the Angel if not Jimin had quickly held onto him.

“I can’t do it.” Taehyung confessed, his arms going around Jimin. He hugged the smaller tightly, staining Jimin’s shoulder with tears. “I can’t do it. I just can’t.” He was crying uncontrollably now and Jimin felt the other’s fists gripped tightly behind him.

“I can’t kill you. I can’t stand the thought of not being able to see you. You’re more than just some victim. You’re not my enemy. You taught me how to live, how to act, how to love.” Taehyung’s grip loosened and he stared into the smaller boy’s eyes. Jimin gazed back, his eyes still teary as well. “I love you, Jimin. I love you.”

Jimin gave a cried laugh, choking on his tears as his head falls onto Taehyung’s broad chest. “I love you too.” He whispered loud enough for Taehyung to hold him tight again.

There was an annoyed sigh from the distance. Daehyun rolled his eyes at the two, with an unpleased expression. “This is ridiculous.” He said. “Taehyung, you don’t love him. Kill him already.

The Fallen Angel’s fists tightened on Jimin’s shoulders. He gave a low growl and turned to glare at his older brother.

“No!” Taehyung shouted and Daehyun was speechless as the first time someone had defied him. “I won’t, hyung!” The younger continued to shout and stepped in front of Jimin, blocking him from his hyung. “I love him, hyung! I won’t let anyone hurt him, especially you!”

“Taehyung, what in the name of hell are you saying?!”

“You don’t understand. I love him! But you will not understand because you never experienced something like this!”

Daehyun finally cracked. He glared at his younger brother and swiped out his sword. “Love? What do I need to know about love?” Daehyun joked with a loud laughter. “I don’t need love. What I need is power. To rule. But that won’t happen unless that Angel is dead, killed! And if you’re not going to do it, then I will.

Taehyung froze when Daehyun charged forward, sword close to his chest until a bolt of light knocked the Fallen Angel leader out into the distance.

“Stop this.”

The voice had prevented Daehyun from moving. He knew that voice. He always knew that voice.

“Stop all of this immediately.”

There was a small groan from Daehyun. “My, my,” Daehyun said and stood up from his fall. “It’s been quite a long time.” He teased as he stared up at the light figure floating down onto the ground, “Youngjae.”

At the side, Jimin couldn’t move. He stared at the twelve white winged Angel in front of him. Now he was here. The leader of the Angels and Jimin’s older brother, Youngjae the Grace.

Youngjae stood tall in a small distance from Daehyun, both of them were quiet and eye to eye. “It has been quite a while, Daehyun. You’re still the same, always craving for power.”

Daehyun shrugged playfully. “It’s not my fault I know what I want, unlike you.” He commented smirking his plump lips at the Angel who remained poised. “Your little brother has been causing trouble.”

“Yours as well.”

“Mine? My Taehyung just gone a little astray. He’ll be back to his senses soon.”

Youngjae didn’t reply this time, instead, looking back at Jimin who stood beside Taehyung. He then looked over another younger figure at the side lying on the floor.

“That must be the Devil.” Youngjae said, examining Jungkook as he lied unconsciously on the grass. He was breathing, but intensely hurt. Taehyung hadn’t wanted to hurt him that badly.

“He’ll be fine.” A sudden voice came from the shadows. It was a young voice but both Daehyun and Youngjae could recognize it. “It was his own fault after all, sneaking away to Earth without any permission, children these days.”

Daehyun gave a deep chuckle. “What are you talking about? You’re a child yourself, Junhong.”

“Oh?” Junhong stared at the Fallen Angel. “A child? I’m not a child, Daehyun.” He remarked and sighed as he leaned down to Jungkook, positioning him up. “I’d rather not stay long. The two of you have business that does not concern me. I shall take my leave.” He said and without another other word, Junhong disappeared along with Jungkook.

The face of Jungkook’s unconscious expression painted in Jimin’s mind. He worried terribly about the other. The young Devil didn’t deserve any of this.

“Jimin, we’re going home as well.” Youngjae spoke strongly towards his younger brother. His eyes was intense. His eyes always intimidated Jimin.

“But hyung-,”

“I will give you no choice. You’re coming back with me.” Youngjae roared and stepped forward to the young Angel only to be blocked by Taehyung.

“You’re not taking him from me.”

Youngjae blinked uninterestedly. “Step away from him.”

“I refuse.”

There was a slight chuckle from Daehyun and Youngjae turned to shoot him a glare. “I don’t understand how you laugh at such serious situations.” He commented and Daehyun shrugged again, only causing Youngjae to roll his eyes.

“Fallen Angel, I am asking one more and one last time. Step away from my younger brother.”

“I refuse! Neither of you are taking him from me!”

The Angel leader stood silent for a moment as if examining Taehyung’s strength. “What is your name?” He asked nonchalantly.

“Taehyung.”

Youngjae remained balanced. “You’re not like your brother, Taehyung. You’re different.”

“So I’ve been told.”

The Angel leader blinked again, examining Taehyung before looking back at his brother. “Jimin, we’ll be going now.” He said and stepped forward only to lead Taehyung to attempt an attack. But Youngjae stood unflinched, watching as Taehyung bounced back without even landing a touch on the Angel.

“Nice try,” Youngjae said. “But you’re merely a two winged Fallen Angel. You can’t land a touch on me, a twelve winged Angel.” He explained and gently pulled Jimin by his wrist. “Jimin, we have to go. Now.”

“H-hyung, I can’t. Please don’t do this.”

“Jimin.”

“No!” The younger Angel shouted, ing his wrist back and shocking his older brother. “I’m not going to listen to you. Don’t you understand, hyung? I’m not leaving Taehyung. I love him!”

“Jimin…” Youngjae face was more upset rather than angry or disappointed. “Jimin, you don’t understand.”

“No, you don’t understand, hyung! You don’t know anything about love!”

That was the breaking point. Jimin watched as Youngjae took a few steps back and he almost regretted his sudden outburst.

“I didn’t want to do this,” Youngjae said, “But I’ll have to use force.” By the split of a blink, Youngjae shifted in front of Jimin, cuffing him with golden knots. “Don’t try to struggle, these knots drain your energy. You should be glad this doesn’t strike you pain.”

“Jimin!” Taehyung shouted when Youngjae began to drag the young Angel away. He ran for him, only to be stopped by his own older brother. “Get outta my way, hyung!”

Daehyun only shook his head of disapproval before giving the younger’s stomach a punch, letting him fall into his arms. “We’re going, Taehyung.”

Taehyung shook his head, continuing to shout for Jimin as the Angel did the same for Taehyung but their pleas were ignored by their brothers and soon they found themselves getting further and further away.