.7. Sorry mom

Empty Spaces

Yayyy! almost 60 subs!! Sorry if i took a little longer than usual to update, but i have been extremely busy, so yeah. This is probably going to happen again until after new years eve....

This is going to be a little sadder than what i usually write. After a few more chapters things are going to get worse and more dark so be prepared.


Bom looked at him with embarrassment but also with serious amusement. 

He was singing a crappy old song about love, dancing around with these horrible stiff moves while throwing heart shapes with his arms at her and at everyone who unluckily crossed his path. Somewhere laughing or pointing at him, while others, mostly older people, looked at him with strict shame and disapproval.

She quickly took out her phone, trying not to make him notice, and started recording him, sure that she would make him regret that night.

‘’ Okay, now spin, throw me a cute kiss ‘’ She would say, standing a few feet away so people wouldn’t think she actually was with him  ‘’ Oh that was great! One more… ‘’

Suddenly he tripped over his feet, landing face first to the ground 

‘’ Oh , are you okay? ‘’

Bom kneeled down beside him and turned him around, placing his head on her lap as if it was the most natural thing.  Seung Hyun was laughing like a maniac while his nose was bleeding profusely.

‘’ I think you just broke your nose ‘’ She tried to control her laughter. He kept touching her face as if he was a small child, an endearing and also ridiculous vision.

‘’ If you would have just listened to me…’’ She said sighting while dialing the number of a taxi ‘’ We would be home by now ‘’

T.O.P stood in silence looking at her face   ''…I don't want to burden him '' 

'' Well don't you mind burdening me?  ’’ She shot back before she could stop herself. As soon as a pained look appeared on his face she regretted saying that.

'' Upon closer inspection, i d-declare that, you're quite beautiful '' He said rolling a lock of her hair between his thumbs with clouded eyes.

'' Duh, of course '' She joked trying not to blush at his drunken meaningless words               '' How are you going to repay me for this, huh? '' 

'' How about a million kisses '' He muttered trying to pull her face down so he could kiss her

'' H-hey, hey! You're pulling my hair, stop ! ''

His grip was tight on her innocent hair, which only made them two idiots who where pulling each other hair in the middle of the street

'' I swear I am going to slap you '' 

 

When the cab came, Seung Hyun was peacefully resting in her lap. Sighting she grabbed him with all her strength and with a lot of trouble she place him on her back.

'' Careful where you touch me, girl '' He whispered when she accidentally touched his . A soft chuckle escaped her lips 

'' At least i am the one carrying you home now ''

She put him inside the cab and forcefully grabbed his face so he would look at her

'' Hey, can you tell the driver where you wanna go? Can you manage? ''  She asked as if  she was his mother

'' Y-yes, leave it to me '' He said smiling sheepishly. 

'' Ok, i will get going now oppa '' She handed the driver some money

'' No goodbye kiss? '' Seung Hyun asked pouting

‘’ Please drive safely ‘’ Bom said chosing to ignore him

 

 

She started walking home at a slow pace. He really was crazier than what she even expected. The ringtone of her cellphone interrupted the silence of night. It her my mom. Bom picked it up slowly and stayed in silence

'' You better get home in 3 minutes '' She coldly said 

'' Yes '' Was the only thing she could mutter before she cut the call. She just knew she was in serious trouble

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Bom opened the front door slowly, taking off her shoes at the entrance and tip toeing into her room

 

Not many people know the joy of coming home and realizing your dad isn’t there.                                                                                                                         Not many people understand the relief it brings to know there will be a business trip next month.                                                                                                     Not many people, except Bom and children who are like Bom, know how lucky they are when they come home and their father is already asleep.

Maybe that’s because not everyone has a house that resembles more a mine field than an actual home.

 

'' Are you ing kidding me Bom? '' My mother strict voice was heard. Bom closed her eyes tight and stayed in silence

‘‘ First sneaking in, and now getting suspended? ing suspended? Do you even realize how bad that is ?'' She yelled, making her jump

'' Mom i know, but i can explain ''                   

'' I don't need an explanation; I don't care about a lame explanation. What you need is to fix this mess before your father finds out ''

 

Bom can’t remember when it started.  It was a small situation that turned it something new, something ugly.  First it was a push, a slap, a grab of a wrist; then it became a nightmare.

She and her mom can’t speak, they can’t have an opinion on anything because they know too well the consequences. They don’t rest when they come home, on the contrary they are tense, waiting to see which one will mess things up, who will tell something she shouldn’t have, who will make him blow up.

 

 

'' Mom, they were bad mouthing me, they were telling me awful things '' Bom by now was sobbing uncontrollably

'' So was it worth it? Is it going to be worth it when your dad beats the crap out both of us ? When rumors start spreading?  When it stains your grades? '' 

Bom  hanged my head low in silence, there was no right answer, no way to win. There would never be to her mom, nor to her father

'' Now i get to be the mother of the delinquent ''

She frowned at the thought, but without her knowledge or better thinking was replaced with a smile when she remembered what a certain boxer had told her

'' Are you seriously smiling now? Are you deaf? '' She continued '' Of course, you will be grounded. But first we need to figure out what to tell your dad, he is coming tomorrow afternoon '' She sighted

 

It’s sad the fact Bom is nineteen years old and she doesn’t know what freedom means.  It’s even sadder the fact that Mi Kyung is thirty-nine and she has never known what freedom truly is.

And so they go on with their lives, pretending everything is fine, playing the perfect family outside their little cage, where he is the master and them his slaves.

 

Bom hugged her tightly like a scared little boy '' I promise mom, I won’t let him touch     you ''

Those were her last words before silently going into her bedroom, still hearing her mom's sobs, because they both knew what she had just said were all lies.

 

 


 

Bom woke up feeling like crap, with her spirits dangerously low, without wanting to do anything. She stared at the ceiling for what seemed like hours, just thinking about life. Then the screen of her phone lightened up, letting her know a message had arrived. 

 

From: 1(562)-866-2437

Sorry about last night

 

She read the short message trying to decipher what it mean or whose was it from without much luck

 

From: Bom

To:  1(562)-866-2437

…Who are you? 

 

From: 1(562)-866-2437

To: Bom

​Silly girl...Seung Hyun. With who else were you yesterday? 

 

A little smile crept into her. What was up with him apologizing all of a sudden?

 

From: Bom

To: Annoying alien

What do you care? Yesterday was lame.

 

From: Annoying alien

To: Bom

Don’t over react. You better enjoy this; it isn’t going to happen again.

 

From: Bom

To: Annoying alien

Don't overreact? We were the laughing stock of the whole shop. You danced like an idiot until you passed out ! AND made me pay for everything, even the cab 

 

From: Annoying alien

To: Bom

I will repay you

 

From: Bom 

To: Annoying alien

Don't sweat it, i have got some pretty fun videos. I bet all those stupid fan girls from school will surely shut the up about you when i show them how cool you act when drunk ;)

 

From: Annoying alien

To: Bom

What do you mean?

 

 

From: Annoying alien

To: Bom

Bom, what do you mean?

 

From: Annoying alien

To: Bom

It better not be what I am thinking

 

From: Annoying alien

To: Bom

BOM

 

From: Annoying alien

To: Bom

PARK BOM ANSWER ME

 

 The messages continued but she decided to not reply, laughing at the boy. A soft knock on the door interrupted the little laugh that was leaving her lips

 '' Bom, you better prepare soon, we are going to fetch your dad at the airport ''  Was the only thing her mom said before walking out, leaving her depressed yet again

 

 

The car started moving as Bom looked at the window, absent minded and listening to music. Her mother was driving with a distressed face, too busy to notice her daughter’s sadness. The car was silent; her mom didn't dare to speak afraid of not being able of control herself and say more hurtful words. 

 

'' I have been thinking a lot about it. And i think it's better if we don't tell him anything about all of this. If we are lucky maybe he won't found out '' She finally said, looking at Bom through the rear view mirror with an almost invisible smile. Bom simply nodded. Deep in her mind she knew they both knew he was going to find out.

 

They went through the big glass doors of the busy airport, with a fast pace and a fake smile on their faces. They positioned themselves in the group of people carrying signs and flowers to the persons that landed the plane, only that they were the only ones empty handed. People started appearing throughout the gates, scattering everywhere. Bom stiffened with impatience and fright. Then, a man with a large coat and glasses that tried to unsuccessfully cover his glare appeared through the gate, giving Bom and her mother a hard look.

He stood in front of them without saying anything to either of them. Bom's mom smiled stiffly and looked up

'' Hello my darling, I have missed you so much '' She lied, giving him an awkward hug. He didn't say anything, just looked at Bom who noticed and gave him a small nod in sign of a greeting. 

 

They silently drove home. 

 

'' We had a peaceful week waiting for you. We felt really lonely without you '' Mi Kyung said with a very noticeable fake grin

Bom stood in silence; everything felt too fake for her to comment something. 

'' Don't lie to me Mi Kyung '' He whispered with a certain roughness in his voice.

Mi Kyung started shivering uncontrollably, driving in a completely frightened silence. She pulled over the entrance of their home and let him get out of the car and enter their home, leaving her and Bom to carry his heavy bags. 

As they struggled carrying them, they got inside to be greeted by a scary glare.

'' You, darling, are a useless '' He screamed at Bom’s mom who didn't say anything. He went over and pulled her hair making her scream in pain, while Bom watched with a stunned face

'' P-please let me explain ''

'' EXPLAIN WHAT? That you can't even do one damn thing right? That you can’t control your retarded daughter? '' He slapped her and kicked her stomach as she laid in the ground defenseless

'' STOP YOU SON OF A '' Bom screamed, tackling her father to the ground. She tried to punch him as hard as she could, although she wasn’t doing a pretty good job. Trying to imitate how scary T.O.P looked, she felt some kind of strange pleasure when her fist made contact with her father’s face

'' Oh and you ungrateful piece of '' He easily flipped her over '' You should have died a long time ago. Since the first moment i saw you i knew you were just an ugly '' He spatted the words right into her face, filling her with despair. He slapped her hard and punched her.

'' Don't you dare touch my daughter '' Bom's mom desperately tried push him aside

'' You are such  a dumb '' He yelled as he pinned her down and grabbed her neck with both of his hands. She was chocking, her tears mixing with the spit that ran down . She closed her eyes, preparing for was to come, already tired of fighting. 

Bom cried and begged him to let her go, trying to get a hold of him. 

Once he saw how weak she was, he let her go, trying to catch his breath just as much as she did. He shoved Bom to the floor again before walking out of the room

'' You better make up to this disgrace. I won't let a piece of like you ruin my life '' 

 

Bom held her mom as tight as she could, whimpering in pain. Her mom didn't move or say anything; she just looked at the ceiling, wondering why she couldn’t just die in peace.

Bom dropped sour tears on her face as she kept muttering   '' I am sorry mom '' 

 

Was love really hurting the other person?