.11. Cafe latte

Empty Spaces

READ THIS PLEASE!

I think i got all of us a little confused over something...In the last text message of chapter 10 when T.O.P says '' It's a date '' he doesn't actually mean they are going on a date, this is just a phrase you use when you want to say that something is set, like it's already an appointment. 

I know you guys want them to have a date! but i am waiting for the right moment, to make it much more especial and stuff, right here Bom is just lonely and she wants to hang out with someone since she fought with her friends. I want her and T.O.P to have a much more romantic setting for a first date so yeah, just wait for it.

So sorry for the confusion !!!!

 

YAY we reached 90 subsss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


When school was over Bom silently walked to the entrance, waiting to see T.O.P. By now he was already a common sight at school so the girls didn’t make the fuss they did before when they saw him, although they sent some pretty nasty glares at Bom as she approached him.

T.O.P gave her a weird look, examining her up and down. From the corner of her eye she could see her friends looking at them.

‘’…What are you doing ? ‘’

‘’ I just wanted to see if you were okay. On normal circumstances you surely wouldn’t have told me to meet you, so I thought maybe you …were in trouble or something…’’

‘’ Damn, you think of me so badly? ‘’   Bom laughed

‘’ Let’s say I am not accustomed to needy Bom ‘’

‘’ NEEDY BOM? Are you freaking kidding Choi Seung Hyung? ‘’

‘’ Calling my full name, that sounds hot ‘’

‘’ Don’t ‘’ Bom begged exasperated.

They sat on the spot they did last time, staying in a comfortable silence.

‘’ Are you going to tell me why you suddenly wanted to see me? ‘’

‘’ Can’t a friend just ask her friend to meet her? ‘’

‘’ Sure, but knowing you, it mustn’t be the case ‘’ 

‘’ Fine...I was lonely ‘’

‘’ Right…lonely? ‘’

‘’ I fought with my friends ‘’ Bom said in a whisper,

‘’ So I am just a sad replacement? ‘’ 

‘’ Maybe,not exactly…you said you wanted to be my friend anyway, you should want to make me feel better ‘’

‘’ Why did you fought ? ‘’

‘’ It’s about this whole thing of my d- ‘’ Bom stopped herself, before she dumbly admitted it was her dad ‘’ Of this man beating me up ‘’  

Seung Hyung gave her a concerned look and sighted

‘’ What happened? ‘’

‘’ They say they want to help, they say they understand what it’s like, but they don’t, they aren’t in my position. They are forcing me to take him to the police, but I just can’t ‘’ She said, her eyes getting teary

‘’ Look. I understand where you are coming from,  I don’t know about them, but I have been through some serious and I know that what they say ain’t wrong. I saw people in the same position as you, who didn’t do anything, and I assure you it isn't a pretty sight. Most of them end up dead, Bom ‘’ He said with absolute seriousness, something she hadn’t seen  on him before.

Bom started crying at his words

‘’ Don’t cry, I am sure they did it for your own good. We are all really concerned about you ‘’ He said softly patting her head

‘’ I know, I just can’t stand it. Seeing them look at me with pity, like I was some freaking broken toy ‘’

‘’ You aren’t. Don’t let that get into your mind and take over your life. This isn’t you, and with a small action you can stop it. Don’t let it turn into your whole life, this is just a sad memory, but it ain’t your whole life ‘’

'' You sound quite poetic '' 

'' I know a lot of for someone who hasn't finished high school ''

Bom was going to comment on that when he suddenly spoke again. 

'' I am not in good terms with the kids either '' 

'' The kids Seung Hyung, really? '' Bom laughed '' Why ? '' 

'' They don't want to help with the thing of the money '' 

'' OH RIGHT ! How is that going? '' 

'' You didn't even remember my problems... '' 

'' Sorry oppa '' Bom said with her cutest tone. She saw how T.O.Ps face painted itself with a nice shade of red.

'' I already know were to get the money...i think '' 

'' ion ? ''

'' Bom, i am not THAT desperate '' Seung Hyung chuckled

'' What are you gonna do ? '' 

'' I am going to ask money from a man i know '' 

'' That's your way of solving this? Asking for money? '' 

'' Well yeah, what else could i do ? '' 

'' Get a real job maybe ? '' 

'' Bom i need to make 20 million won, a job at McDonald's ain't gonna help ''

'' Asking for money won't either '' 

'' Why do we always have to bicker when we see each other? ''  T.O.P asked Bom, his face with a mix of amusement and annoyance

'' It means we are a good match '' Bom said absent minded

'' I bet you never bicker with that sloppy neighbor of yours ''  He muttered with a cocky expression

'' What's your problem with him ? '' 

'' I don't know he just pisses me off '' 

'' You are just jealous cause he has got his own house '' Bom laughed at her own evildoing

'' YAH, i told you, it's a choice, not an insufficiency on my options ''

'' Yeah right '' She said, oppressing a chuckle

'' How about we get out of here? '' He suggested looking outside the window. Bom nodded and they both made their way towards the exit. She couldn't help to notice how he tried to act like a gentleman opening the door for her. 

They sparked the weirdest conversations, like how a color blind person could drive and what it felt like being a horse, things that would distract them from the fact everything felt overly nice and comfortable and they hearts weren't jumping out of their chests because of the warm weather. Seung Hyung took advantage while Bom was distracted and slipped his arm around her shoulder

'' what exactly do you think you're doing ? '' 

'' Well, i thought it would be nice going shoulder on shoulder with my friend '' He told her giving her a dazzling smile

'' This isn't something friends do T.O.P... '' 

'' Well, we can make it our own thing '' 

She looked at him and sighted '' I am simply going to give in today since you agreed to come here with me '' 

He smiled and let his arm hang around her naturally. Even though it wasn't much, Bom felt weird   '' What is you favorite color ? '' 

'' Wow, now that's random '' 

'' What? I though we should get to know each other better '' 

'' Through favorite colors? '' Bom snorted '' It's green, maybe pink or red if not '' 

'' See, this is useful  '' He said even though he didn't believe his own words ''...what's your favorite...animal? '' 

'' Omo, i don't know...a frog maybe '' 

'' Are you kidding me? Bom you must be the first girl in the world that likes frogs '' Disgust was noticeable in his voice

'' Oh come on, they are nice. They are green, and squishy...so cute '' 

'' I bet none of the girls i slept with would say frogs '' He said with somehow proudness

'' Yeah but that's only because you date attention seekers, that only think about what to buy next with your credit card, they just try to off your success and fame '' 

''...yeah...they off a lot of...stuff ''  He commented trying to suppress a laugh

'' DUDE, I AM STILL UNDERAGE ''

He laughed '' Oh please, first you say you want me to consider you an adult and now you are underage, those tricks don't work on me anymore '' 

Bom pouted cutely

'' Ahhh, you're lucky you are cute '' 

She blushed profusely but tried ignoring him '' A-anyways, i have a doll in my house, its a giant frog, i hug it while i sleep '' 

'' You're so weird...what did you thought of me when you first met me? '' He asked suddenly smiling

Bom laughed '' I thought you were a jerk '' 

'' Is that how kids act these days? Insulting adults? '' 

'' You were acting a bit hormonal, admit it, everyone in that club was. I bumped into a girl that looked at me like she wanted to rip my head off '' 

'' Everyone is tense on a fight night, they are trying to control everything '' 

'' Still stuff like that happened '' 

'' Yeah but they are more at ease if they think they have some work done '' He said shrugging it off '' What do you think of me now? '' 

'' Now i think that you are a bi polar dork, with jerk tendencies, but an amazing heart towards abused women ''

 '' Yah. Don't get confused, i don't treat you this well cause you are an abused woman '' 

'' Then why? '' 

'' I treat you like this cause i like you ''

Time stood still for Bom as she gazed him, trying to find any type of clue of what was happening in his eyes

'' I-i mean as a person...'' He added getting nervous '' Like you are a nice girl '' 

'' O-oh yeah i know '' Bom told him, trying to take the awkwardness away '' Yeah, you would be a e in any other way ''

Seung Hyung let out a stiff laugh and kept staring at Bom without saying anything 

'' Anyways, that sounds nice, i should put it on my profile '' 

'' You are like a handsome dork, who has his bad side '' 

'' So you think i am handsome? '' He asked wiggling his eyebrows

'' Even the man who sold us the pastries thought so too, It's already a fact  ''  

A smile of joy appeared on his lips that made him look like a 5 year old    '' Oh my god, needy Bom strikes again '' 

'' STOP CALLING ME THAT '' Bom yelled '' BINGU T.O.P '' 

'' It's okay, i can sense how handsome you think i am through those empty words '' 

'' See, then your jerk side gets the best of you ''  

'' Thank goodness you can still talk normally while looking at this painfully handsome man ''

'' You liked the compliment that much? ''

He smiled and nodded with energy

''...who is your favorite family member ? '' 

'' Mmmm that's tough...I think right now i only like my three little babies '' 

Seung Hyung choked at the thought '' Y-Your what?! '' 

'' My babies: Choco, Button and Summer '' 

'' Tell me Choco ain't for chocolate '' 

Bom laughed and nodded while he rolled his eyes '' I never met someone so in love with food. With your babies you mean... '' 

'' My puppies, my dogs '' 

'' Oh thank god '' 

She laughed '' You though they were children? That's awful. Of course i don't have children '' She said blushing

'' Bom '' He said very serious '' Are you still a ? '' 

'' Stop messing with me '' She yelled blushing like  crazy while hitting his arms

'' Ow ow stop Bom. I was just curious of my friend ! '' He told her while turning her head around so she would look at him, making her stop walking '' Anyways...if that's the case, we can solve the problem right now '' He gave her a seductive gaze

'' Please oppa, you would end up in prison '' 

'' Come on, you said i was handsome, it ain't like i would force you. It's like a one time dream come true '' 

'' You're creeping me out ajusshi. I think i will just go '' Bom said running away from his grip.

'' YAH YOU BRAT, come here '' 

When he finally caught her, they found a nice place to seat and eat the pastries they had bought before when they were walking. Bom was hungry by then so she ate the food with passion  while Seung Hyung gave her a strange look. 

'' Bom wait, i think you have something in your mouth '' He finally said getting closer to her

'' Like hell i will let you touch my innocent lips '' She screamed moving away from him

He gave her a look of disbelief and brought his face closer to her again

'' Let me do the job of a man, Bom '' 

'' It's so cliche, stooop '' 

'' If you don't stop wiggling, i swear to god i will kiss you '' 

Bom stopped instantly and stayed still silently, simply looking at him as he made his way towards her lips. Only inches away from her, he brushed her lips with his thumb and looked at her. They looked at each other eyes for a while before he pulled away smiling and his thumb

'' Seung Hyung that's gross '' She groaned and kept eating

'' You enjoyed it, don't lie '' 

'' Shut up '' 

Bom and him stayed there talking and eating until it got dark, then they decided to head home again. They had gotten even closer, as they talked about little things of life and made jokes.

'' So, who is this mysterious man you are going to ask for a loan '' 

'' i think you will be kind of surprised, um it's Ji Yong's dad '' he told her, even though it sounded more like a question than a statement. 

Bom eyes were wide like two eggs '' What? why? ''  

'' See,  Ji Yong's dad is sort of my employer...but not exactly i don't know how to explain this without making it sound weird...I, he sort of owns me...''

'' i need you to explain cause i am starting to freak out ''

'' Well, a lot of years ago, his dad found me in very bad conditions, and saw that i had a bit of talent fighting, so he made me sign a contract in which he provided me with, money, food, a place to stay, in exchange of me working for him as a fighter. He holds my money, administrates it and makes me stay at Ji Yong's place, Seung Ri finances the fights, but i belong to Kwon Dong Lim '' 

'' Wait a second...ain't that being like a slave? '' 

'' No, i mean maybe but no, i work for him, he gets half of what they pay me, and holds the rest of my money so i don't do weird things, it's like a loyalty contract. I can't leave him cause he holds all my money, but in exchange i live a nice life '' 

'' I thought you were smarter than that, how can you say you live nicely? Now i understand why you can't even rent a freaking apartment '' 

'' Nono see you don't understand. You are viewing this through your state of mind, you are viewing this as Bom, who hasn't lived in the streets. I was fourteen when he proposed this, and the sole idea of eating at McDonald's already seemed like heaven to me. I know it might sound bad to you, but for me, after the way i lived before, this sounds like freaking paradise '' 

Bom looked at him. She couldn't help but pity him, cause she couldn't imagine how bad he must have lived to think that that agreement was good. Indeed Ji Yong dad was smart; he targeted weak people, so he could gain the most of the situation.. She wondered how Ji Yong was okay with the whole deal, suddenly the idea of ChaeRin together with him left a sour taste in . Just how bad was Seung Hyung past?

'' I understand why you signed it before, but can't you adjust it to how you live now? '' 

'' Business doesn't work that way. i don't wanna lose all that i have been working for all this time '' 

As they approached her home, Bom sighted

'' I, i actually don't know what to say '' 

'' Don't worry your pretty head Bom '' He said smiling '' I have managed to stay well this past nine years, it's nothing you should worry about now '' 

They stopped at her door, smiled and said their goodbyes. 

'' Call me '' He yelled already meters away

'' Seung Hyung '' She called him ''...thank you for telling me that...'' 

He simply smiled and waved his hand. Bom got inside her house, feeling very worried. 

 

 


Finally i updated!!!!!!

Even though it was a really lame chapter, i decided to give a little view of T.O.P's past 

Enjoy...or not and comment !